Joey888
spartantreky616

Was Batman VS Superman Trash?

Started: 4/21/2016 Category: Movies

Joey888

Pro

The movie was terrible. The movie can described in very few words: Fighting, shooting, destruction, and death. That's it. There was a very thin story plot.
spartantreky616

Con

I understand the reasoning that gives this movie a bad review, what with them changing a couple of big villains' origin stories, and I will admit that Zack Snyder didn't quite direct the exposition in the best possible way. Yet, I found it a very enjoyable movie, because, first off, the action was pretty awesome, which seems to be Snyder's specialty. Also, having read the Justice League comics, it was closer to the comic book timeline than any other DC movie yet. I believe that with the next few movies, the confusing parts will clear up and the Justice League will finally become a thing for fans to enjoy once again. It's a tough job to pick up a franchise that has been loved for so long, but I think Snyder did an alright job with it, as far as action flicks go. Not a perfect job, but an alright job. Side note: Jesse Eisenberg could've portrayed Lex Luthor a bit less like the Joker, but that's just a detail I was willing to let go.
Joey888

Pro

Action is not what makes a movie. Having all action in a movie is a very bad movie. Just because the movie is closely
spartantreky616

Con

Understandable that action does not make a movie. This is a hard topic because it's entirely opinionated, I thought it was a good movie because it reminded me of the comic books, and you don't like it because it's direct content was not very well put together. I found the movie fascinating with some of my favorite heroes being put together in one movie. Also, all the references to the arrival of Darkseid, who will ultimately become the reason the Justice League forms, were well placed and fun to see and recognize.
Joey888

Pro

I cannot say that the comic books were bad, because I have not read it. However, the transition from comic to movie was bad. The cast and crew should have done a better job.
spartantreky616

Con

Batman vs. Superman was the closest to the comics' timeline than any other movie, and they made the transition smoothly. There is no perfect way to continue a franchise, especially when working with new actors and crew. Each character's appearance and personality is accurate to the way that they are drawn and written in the New 52 series written and drawn by Geoff Jones, Jim Lee, and Scott Williams.