BIG_DADDY_D
jordansshuler

Was Chris Farley the best actor of all time?

jordansshuler

BIG_DADDY_D

Pro

Tommy Boy. Nuff Said.
jordansshuler

Con

I doubt that he was the best actor of all-time considering I've barely even heard about him. Plus, there are so many actors, one cannot choose the best. I would definitely say Morgan Freeman. He has been in so many popular movies. My favorite was Bruce Almighty. I mean, you can't argue with God.
BIG_DADDY_D

Pro

I honestly would have to say Chris Farley is the best comedian of all time due to the fact that I love his style of comedy. His face gestures mixed with his spontaneous boom of a voice is why this makes him a very likeable and funny actor. It only sucks we cant see him in future movies due to his overdose of drugs...
jordansshuler

Con

You say that YOU love his style of comedy. I know very little about him, so I'm not sure about his style of humor, but there are few comedians that can master all styles of comedy. And if he was a druggy, he probably shouldn't be in the running for best actor ever. He definitely doesn't beat Morgan Freeman, Jim Carrey, or Steve Carrell.
BIG_DADDY_D

Pro

Your being totally biased due to the fact that you haven't seen any of his movies. If you actually watched some of his acting jobs you would be able to back up the opinion for his acting. Also, you don't know the personal lives of those actors that you mentioned. For all you know, they have done drugs or they are doing drugs currently. The thing that gives Chris Farley the lead in my book is the way he relates to the majority of the American population with his family guy type of attitude.
jordansshuler

Con

You are correct. I haven't seen any of his movies (that I know of), but from what I know, he basically has the same kind of character in every movie he was in. A good actor can play many kinds of characters. The first that comes to mind is probably Johnny Depp. He can play Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean AND Willy Wonka in Charlie and the Chocolate factory. Those two characters are night and day, and he was able to pull them both off. That is what a good actor is. There are many other actors that I could put in there, but he was just the first that came to mind.
Vote Placed by johnlubba 4 years ago
johnlubba
BIG_DADDY_DjordansshulerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Seeing as no evidence is provided to prove Pros claim and the resolution rests entirely on a matter of opinion....I go with Con,.
Vote Placed by Napoleon_Dynamite_915 4 years ago
Napoleon_Dynamite_915
BIG_DADDY_DjordansshulerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Have to go with con here. No one can beat Morgan Freeman.
Vote Placed by KingAwesome 4 years ago
KingAwesome
BIG_DADDY_DjordansshulerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: Didn't like how Con counted the personal life of the actor against him. Spelling: Pro used words like "NUFF." Arguments: Neither had very good arguments, but Con took the lead in his last section when he talked about Johnny Depp and what makes an actor skilled. Sources: Con referenced other actors and movies.
Vote Placed by Anon_Y_Mous 4 years ago
Anon_Y_Mous
BIG_DADDY_DjordansshulerTied
Reasons for voting decision: I've never heard of Chris Farley before this, but I didn't accept a debate about him. Why jordansshuler would participate in a debate about a subject foreign to him befuddles me. He seeks out a debate and his main argument is 'I haven't heard of him, so he isn't the best'. Con states in the very first round that he doesn't know who Chris Farley is. I think the fact that Con accepted such a debate should count against him in conduct, and his arguments were biased and uninformed.