HOBOES
Inspired

Was Japan really bad to korea?

Inspired

HOBOES

Pro

Of course They are bad they tortured and killed Koreans and still claiming the Korea's island theirs.
Inspired

Con

I believe the resolution is a bit vague but I will respond accordingly anyway. I would ask my opponent to please clarify what they meant by bad. As in comparing World War II to the Korean Conflict? If this is the case, I believe the answer would be they were equally bad. But again, please my opponent clarify your resolution.
HOBOES

Pro

Ok, that is a good question, I am not talking about the world war 2 ones, but If i am talking about that, the germans and japans would be bad, but anyways, I am talking about when korea was at like 1800s the japan came to invade korea and the koreans fought and the japanese captured and tortured the koreans who fought against. That is the argument I am talking please post your argument
Inspired

Con

I believe you are referring to the Japanese invasion of Korea as described in this article:

But the Japanese and Korean people have been at war before this time period. Most notably between 1592-98 as mentioned in this link: http://en.wikipedia.org...(1592%E2%80%9398)

I honestly wouldn't consider this much of a debate. You make the argument that Japan still claims the Korea's island as theirs? Both North and South Korea are on a peninsula. Visualized in this map: http://www.peacexpeace.org...

I do not argue that the Japanese people never mistreated the Korean people. I would like to point out that Korea has done some pretty bad things in their time as well. The Korean War being the main example. Both countries have their faults. Thankfully they are mostly at peace now with the exception of North Korea (has anyone made peace with them yet? Nope!)
HOBOES

Pro

Alright! thank you for your response, Now I have three questions, first is why are we off topic? We are NOT talking about the two separate countries, North Korea and south Korea, we are talking about old japan and ancient Korea, when they weren't two separate countries.
the second one is can you describe what the heck does the Korean war has to do with this debate/topic? they were fighting together and japan wasn't even helping or watching If you honestly want to know that much! AND! Japan was in the UN!!! that is why I hate japan... they help only big countries like UK or United states of America!! they don't HONESTLY care about small countries and poor countries.... that is really unfair don't you think??

The third one is can you describe that the Koreans did some thing bad to japan?

OHHHH!!!!! and I HAVE TO MENTION THAT WIKIPEDIA DOESN'T"T have correct FACTS!!! People can change facts that are posted,, so I don't use Wikipedia, So I don't recommend copying off Wikipedia GOOD LUCK!!!!! :P
Inspired

Con

I don't think anyone really considers previous encounters between Japan and Korea relevant as long as they don't affect what they do today. Attitudes and aggression do change in countries over time. I fail to see why it is important that Korea and Japan were in a war previously. I don't see why the argument can't be expanded into the 20th century, or even into current events. Yes, Korea and Japan hated each other back then. Was Japan mean? Yes, but so was Korea. The fact that they were in a war does evidence itself. Also, could you please be a bit more descriptive other than "back then", it is very difficult to construct an argument based on vague descriptions. If you are referring to the Japanese attempt to subdue Korea in 1876, please do so.

As a matter of fact, wikipedia.org is completely reliable. It is wikipedia.com that can be edited by the general public. I would encourage you to research this fact before making assumptions.

" AND! Japan was in the UN!!! that is why I hate japan..."
If you hate Japan, that is your personal opinion and should not reflect in this current debate. I take it you are Korean? Also irrelevant to this debate.

"The third one is can you describe that the Koreans did some thing bad to japan?"
At the moment, I am still researching. But if you would take current events into account, Korea is threatening to do something bad to Japan. See below link:

http://www.thenational.ae...
HOBOES

Pro

You are really smart,,,yes I agree but you had some missing holes in your argument. First of all I am gonna borrow your "Technique" which is saying stuff I mentioned, so here we go, " Japan and Korea relevant as long as they don't affect what they do today,,,," you said they are not affecting each other in today's life, 21st century, right? Now I don't want to be a tattletale, so I am gonna get some main facts here, When Japan invaded Korea and do bad stuff, and they went back because of the ATOMIC bomb which the UN shot, That was when the Same time!! when world war 2 ended! So Germany had to do some payment and sorry and apologize to the Jewish and they are still doing it!! That is why Germany is a great country! They don't disagree with the UN that I am not gonna pay you and apologize, but they did it! AS We look in here, Japan did nothing to Korea! you think controlling south Korea and killing some people and torture them is not a really something thing ??!! You think south Korea is so poor and stupid that they can't even defend themselves?? You are wrong if you think that way, Now I assume that you are a american or a big country citizen, ( Let's don't do racism here) And the main fact is that they did nothing, no payment, no apologizes, NOTHING!!! ( Maybe I am being a little pathetic saying Japan is stupid, bad , evil, sorry If I am doing that,

And lastly, I went to your website you wrote on your argument that said " NORTH KOREA THREATENS TO ATTACK JAPAN" that says North Korea, now we're talking about north Korea man,, No one knows what the hell north Korea is gonna do they are spending all the money on the military.
Inspired

Con

Ok? Frankly I had a hard time understand what you were trying to say. Did you have a point to what you were saying or was it just sort of rambling? I'm going to pull some quotes from what you just said and attempt to reconstruct a point.

"First of all I am gonna borrow your "Technique" which is saying stuff I mentioned," It is not borrowing, or plagarizing. This is called quoting. It is an effective tool in a debate to directly quote your opponent and make them accountable to what they are saying.

"Japan and Korea relevant as long as they don't affect what they do today,,,," you said they are not affecting each other in today's life, 21st century, right?"
No, I am saying that no one really cares about what Japan and Korea disagreed about centuries ago (if that is what you are referring to, I still haven't received a reply on that). The fact of the matter is that they are at peace now. This "war" that they had was not a major event in world history and had no purpose in the long run.

"When Japan invaded Korea and do bad stuff, and they went back because of the ATOMIC bomb which the UN shot, That was when the Same time!! when world war 2 ended!" I do hope you realize that the UN (United Nations) was formed on October 24, 1945 after World War II ended. This means the United Nations had nothing to do with the atomic bomb dropping on Japan.

" So Germany had to do some payment and sorry and apologize to the Jewish and they are still doing it!! That is why Germany is a great country!" I'm not sure what your point was on this. Germany is a great country? Ok, what does that have to do with your argument about Japan and Korea? It seems as though you are the one who is straying from the topic.

"AS We look in here, Japan did nothing to Korea! you think controlling south Korea and killing some people and torture them is not a really something thing ??!! You think south Korea is so poor and stupid that they can't even defend themselves?? You are wrong if you think that way" I do not think that way and I am offended that you would assume I think that way. South Korea is poor and stupid? Who said they were? Again, I'm not sure what your point was.

"Now I assume that you are a american or a big country citizen, ( Let's don't do racism here)" To answer your statement, yes I am an American and I am proud of that fact. I just don't appreciate it when people start hating on other countries because of mistakes they've made in the past.

"And the main fact is that they did nothing, no payment, no apologizes, NOTHING!!!" The government of Japan did not speak for the people of Japan at that time. The people cried for peace, but the emperor would not submit. That is why the bomb had to be dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, to wake the emperor up into seeing that his pride was killing his own people.

"And lastly, I went to your website you wrote on your argument that said " NORTH KOREA THREATENS TO ATTACK JAPAN" that says North Korea, now we're talking about north Korea man,, No one knows what the hell north Korea is gonna do they are spending all the money on the military."

I believe your point is that North Korea is uncontrollable. You are right, but they are still part of the country of Korea. (yes, I consider North and South Korea to be one country still even though the United Nations does not).

Please stop hating on Japan because of what they did in the past. That doesn't make sense. Thank you.
HOBOES

Pro

WOW! You are smart!! man,,, This is my first debate and I lose! what a fail OK, I surrender to your knowledge everyone vote for Inspired!!!!
Inspired

Con

I forfeit this round due to my opponent's withdrawment from the debate.
Posted by kurosakiichigo 2 years ago
kurosakiichigo
The only thing i like about japan is their animations
Posted by kurosakiichigo 2 years ago
kurosakiichigo
Of course japan was evil
they captured korean women for their soldiers to ENJOY
and did a illegal contract to take away korea's independency,
and it is said to not have GOJUNG emperors stamp on it
That shows that it wa illegal
and the island the pro side talked about was DOkdo, a island of at the East coast of Korea
Also, Japan is calling the sea on the east side of Korea which has traditionally been called the EAst sea by both Japan and Korea, the sea of Japna,
They used their military,, not their politicians to rule Korea by force,
They stole Koreas territory on the name of modernizing
They took so much rice to fill the stomachs of their citizens that hundreds, maybe thousands died and riots happened and how can you say that there isn't any evidence of Japan torturing Koreans?
The torture tools remain, such as closets with nails in them to keep them standing,
bloodstained needles put under prisoners nails, and much more.
I know that it had been a long time since this debate expired, but as a Korean, I strongly disagree with your point zop and that Japan is a country.
Posted by zop 3 years ago
zop
Internationally, Evidence tortured of Japan does not exist.
Japan modernized Korea.
It is the world common sense.
Posted by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
OK, I will vote.
Posted by HOBOES 3 years ago
HOBOES
PLEASE vOTE!!!!!!!
Posted by HOBOES 3 years ago
HOBOES
Sorry that my Topic is not clear enough, I apologize that I explained in my 2nd round argument
Posted by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
I mean this would be just like debating "was Germany really bad to the Jews?"
Posted by chengste 3 years ago
chengste
i would have to agree with Stalin, the Japanese where horible to the Koreans there is no way anyong could back them
Posted by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
It is clear that Japan killed, tortured, and enslaved the people in Korea. This debate is pointless because there is no possible argument that Con can use. His only chance of winning this is by looking at this from a Japanese perspective. He could say that Koreans were inferior and deserved to be tortured and killed or something like that.
Vote Placed by funwiththoughts 3 years ago
funwiththoughts
HOBOESInspiredTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession.
Vote Placed by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
HOBOESInspiredTied