Samuel_Bazarov
xhslx

Was Red Dead Redemption 2 canceled because of Orlando Shooting?

Started: 6/19/2016 Category: Games

Samuel_Bazarov

Con

The 2010 western shooter "Red Dead Redemption" was one of Rockstar's first hits. Red Dead Redemption sold around 14 million copies and still continues to sell them, it is regarded as a "Legendary" game. The game was the first Rockstar game to feature realistic graphics and was set over 1910 and 1914. Rumors of the sequel, whose title is unknown, but we can call it "Red Dead Redemption 2" had started to spread before the E3 convention (Electronic Entertainment Expo). Take Two (the publisher of Red Dead and the popular series Grand Theft Auto) confirmed that Red Dead will be a permanent franchise, and that fans should expect to see Take Two at E3 in a "big way". But on June 16th, the day that fans had expected Red Dead to be announced on, Take Two did not appear, a different video game was announced by another company. Rumors quickly spread that Take Two decided to withhold the announcement because some aspects of the trailer could be "upsetting" for victims or family members of the Orlando Shooting which had occurred on June 12th, 4 days before the expected announcement. Apparently there was a scene in the trailer when the main character walks into a saloon and kills everyone inside. I'm here to argue that the announcement was not cancelled because of the shooting.

My only rules are :
1. Abstain from rude or offensive references
2. Please be respectful of others and of your opponent
3. Profanity is strictly prohibited

Good luck to my opponent, this will surely be an interesting topic to debate.
I will begin to bring my points up about why I believe that the announcement was not cancelled because of the Orlando Shooting in the next round.
xhslx

Pro

I believe that it was effected. Due to political correctness and multiple statements that is not the fualt of Islam or any views held by Muslims many people turn to other things.

Some turn to Gun control

Others turn to violence among our youth

It may not have canceled it but it definitely effected it.
Samuel_Bazarov

Con

Although the orlando shooting was a terrible tragedy and affected the lives of some, I disagree with the notion that it would affect something this large. Videogame development can cost millions and up depending on how popular the game and brand is. I believe that the shooting could not have affected something this large, with so many hardcore gamers and fans. Some of which have certain views, and some of which do not object to such violence, in my experiences those who are affected by political correctness most also object to violent videogames. My evidence for my argument is the game that was announced instead of Red Dead. The game that was announced instead of the intended Red Dead was also a large scale game "Days Gone", a popular game that has many fans, there is no way that the trailer and keynote could have been created within a day or two's notice. As the trailer and keynote were quite long and very in depth. Rockstar games never confirmed or denied that they will be attending E3, and that they cancelled the game because of the shooting. The only people to say anything about e3 was Take Two, the publishing company behind the game's Red Dead and Grand Theft Auto. That is all for me.
(Please note that I will be traveling internationally and I am quite busy at the moment, so please excuse and tolerate any late replies, thank you!)
xhslx

Pro

xhslx forfeited this round.
Samuel_Bazarov

Con

I feel like we should have done a 3 round debate, not a 5 round one. 😐
xhslx

Pro

xhslx forfeited this round.
Samuel_Bazarov

Con

Samuel_Bazarov forfeited this round.
xhslx

Pro

xhslx forfeited this round.
Samuel_Bazarov

Con

Samuel_Bazarov forfeited this round.
xhslx

Pro

xhslx forfeited this round.