logiman
EthanGray

Was Tiberius a good emperor?

logiman

Con

I happen to be an expert on European history and I am will to argue about whether Tiberius was a good or a bad Roman Emperor.
EthanGray

Pro

Let me introduce myself, I am a Cambridge University Student, currently doing my MA in History & Politics. I studied, briefly, Emperor Tiberius and I am glad to be debating with you, as well as against you here; evidently believing that Emperor Tiberius was a good Emperor.

Firstly, to introduce my case, the imperial treasury after his death was left with almost a billion sesterces, which was an enormous sum of money that the time and shows that he very well and understood how to handle the empire and improve its wealth; he was certainly reported at the time to be a very good general, having trained with the Military when he was younger. As well as that he was a generally good administrator of Rome and its provinces, improving their wealth and therefore the quality of life of those in the Empire.

By what we know, he was in general a good ruler; his private life was not rumored to be one of the best, but then that is personal matter and should not influence his public life. During the first part of his reign he was well-regarded, but during the second part, admittedly, he was not hailed as such a good Emperor to rumors spreading about him and the power of the Roman society of the time and his successors has made us overlook the fact that politically and economically he was an excellent head of state and he improved the Roman state for future generations.
logiman

Con

logiman forfeited this round.
EthanGray

Pro

Forfeited, I am here to debate this round, please post an answer, my friend.
logiman

Con

logiman forfeited this round.
EthanGray

Pro

EthanGray forfeited this round.
Posted by DrySponge 3 years ago
DrySponge
Are you argiung tiberius to be a good emperor?
Posted by logiman 3 years ago
logiman
Yes I actually am Romanii, I have memorized every capital in Europe and I can recite the history of Britan, Russia, Greece, Italy, and Scandinavia. What are the six countries of Yugoslavia?
Posted by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
Lol "expert on European history".