wundrweapon
d31152

Was "WarGames" a good movie?

Started: 12/8/2015 Category: Movies

wundrweapon

Pro

WarGames was a fantastic movie. Not only did it put the viewer on edge and asking "what's next?!" but it also accurately represented what a government would do in the situation. For instance, the government nearly went to DEFCON 1 because of what they thought was a thermonuclear war - that's what I'd do in their position. It also highlighted the stereotype that "the adults are the smartest in the room." When the main character is trying to convince the officials that it's all a lie, they ultimately just ignore him - the characters believe that, as the adult government officials, they are more intelligent on the situation than a teenager.
d31152

Con

I never really saw the movie, but I'm sure I will win this round.
wundrweapon

Pro

Was that supposed to be a debate? Well, I guess I'll just throw in some extra evidence for my side: The game was made even before the 90s had begun - the technology to make the movie was arguably advanced given the time - but they mad it anyways, and it worked!
d31152

Con

d31152 forfeited this round.
wundrweapon

Pro

What even is this argument anymore? XD

Uhhh... anyways, I guess I'll end it with this: the plot twists were well-placed and fantastically executed, and the foreshadows (especially regarding Tic-Tac-Toe) were very meticulously played out.
d31152

Con

d31152 forfeited this round.