selena16
Jgrepke

Was god right to make only two people?

selena16

Con

I don't think he was right to create only two humans, because then were all created from incest. because God had only created only two humans to reproduce, which means that we all originated from them, making us all related in a way. When I think of that it makes me feel gross.
Jgrepke

Pro

I have a couple questions for you.

1. Why does it make you feel "gross"?
2. Why does it matter?

(I think Genesis is very literal)

(to actually answer your question) It didn't matter at the time because Genetic mutations were thousands of times less likely to occur because of how little breeding had occurred.

Let me point out before this goes any further, however. Who are we to judge God's decisions? Where were you? Job 38: 4-7 says "Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding. Who determined its measurements"surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it? On what were its bases sunk, or who laid its cornerstone, when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?" My favorite quote ever and also a summery (not really) of all of Job 38 and 39 says "This is God"s universe and he does things his way. Now, you may have a better way of doing things, but you don"t have a universe." -J. Vernon McGee

Now we can sit here and speculate all day long, and I'd love to, as long as we keep that in mind.
selena16

Con

The question should be, Who are you to say what god did and why? We can question him and we can speculate because the more we wonder the more we realize what life possibly is. And what it could possibly be. We live and we die. Either way you look at it he did only create two people to create the human population. That is my question why only two so we can all become inbred it is the thought that grossed me out. You have to think I am 16 so it would be gross to me to think of inbreeding, wouldn't it have grossed you out?
Jgrepke

Pro

Look at my profile, I am 15. This doesn't gross me out, other species do it all the time. Also, It wasn't like today where parents have 2 or 3 kids and that it. Adam and Eve had at LEAST ten kids. In a perfect society nothing would "gross anyone out" it was perfect and holy.
selena16

Con

I don't look at other people profiles, but the human is far more advanced than other species. Bringing in others species was getting off the topic, the human mind works in various different way I know that animals do it because I have worked at vets office. But animals are not human yes they are alive, but they don't know what we know and how it can affect others.
Jgrepke

Pro

I feel as though your main argument is that it can negatively effect the children or others, and, as I have stated, it didn't matter because the reason for mutations is the amount of breeding that has occurred thus far, so it wasn't an issue.

Another thing you've said repeatedly is that you are "grossed out" by this. When you think about this I would encourage you to remember that you are thousand times removed from these people, but also not to judge God because he is almighty and just. Either way, whatever he does is right.
Posted by selena16 1 year ago
selena16
Here how about instead of debating I can add you and we can share our opinions and reasons k, so we can have both points of view to better our arguments.
Posted by Jgrepke 1 year ago
Jgrepke
If you want to contradict me just to contradict me then fine, but I am getting tired of repeating myself so I am going to stop commenting. Challenge me to a debate if you want. I will leave you with this: Jesus is still alive and therefore doesn't have to come back from the dead, and you know perfectly well that when I said there was no need for someone else to come back from the dead I was talking about in order to prove God's existence. Vote Pro everyone.
Posted by selena16 1 year ago
selena16
You said there is no need for people to come back from the dead, which what you just said proves that there is a need, because Jesus practically will.
Posted by selena16 1 year ago
selena16
sorry @Blazzered
Posted by Blazzered 1 year ago
Blazzered
You two should just make a debate out of this rather than debate in the comments.
Posted by Jgrepke 1 year ago
Jgrepke
I don't know how that refutes anything I've said, but way to take a verse out of context. Here's some: "Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need to have anything written to you. For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night." 1st Thessalonians 5:1-2 This just means that "concerning that day and hour" (of the return of Christ) "no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." Matthew 26:36 Put in simpler terms "like a thief in the night" means that you don't know when he will come again.
Posted by selena16 1 year ago
selena16
Really is that why the bible also said that Jesus will come back again like a thief in the night?
Posted by Jgrepke 1 year ago
Jgrepke
Joshua, Deborah, Gideon, Elijah, Elisha, Samuel (judges and prophets that God used as an intermediary to the people), Job was a big one. The exodus itself, the pillar of fire at night and the pillar of cloud during the day. Yes, Jesus was the "main one" because that's all he needed. Jesus didn't necessarily come to prove God's existence (although he did), he came to save the world of our sins. He did preach and teach, but that wasn't his main purpose on earth. Now we have the bible and other evidences to prove his existence and don't need people to come back from the dead or pillars of fire to lead us to Him.
Posted by selena16 1 year ago
selena16
But it is true, the main one he showed himself through was his son Jesus.
I used to have faith in him.
Posted by Jgrepke 1 year ago
Jgrepke
That's fine to say, but you're wrong. Your statement itself proves that you do not know very much about the Bible. To say that he only showed himself through one person is ridiculous.