brendanfmcclelland
solar145254

Was it racist for Zack and Trini to be the Black and Yellow Power Rangers.

brendanfmcclelland

Con

I didn't think so because we eventually did get another Black Ranger of African descent which was Will in Operation Overdrive. It certainly wouldn't hurt to have another Asian Yellow Ranger. Walter Jones the actor who played Zack never held any animosity about the role as the Black Ranger and the late Thuy Trang who played Trini didn't either.
solar145254

Pro

Simple as, Tommy being the white ranger is then something stereotypical. If that's not considered why is zack and trini being black and Oriental even considered when choosing those to be the power rangers. I bet you'd argue that there from minority races in America where whites do more well and this stresses stereotypes. That would be seeing blacks and orientals negatively in the first place. When there is no inferiority to see the stereotype isn't emphasised. It would just be a coincidence. Next thing I'll bet you'd argue is that it's too much of an obvious choice which I get again STEREOTYPICAL. Maybe it just suits I mean it's aimed at kids whose daily lives aren't even as complex as adults so maybe it's just to keep it simple.
brendanfmcclelland

Con

All I am really saying is that it was coincendental and not racist. Tommy whom is also part Native American eventually became the Red Ranger in Zeo and the first half of Turbo and that was way after Zack and Trini had left the series. Now would you consider that racist. I don't think so.
solar145254

Pro

I mean for example zack is a black man, and it sounds like you mean it's being exaggerated by making him the black ranger. So it's that you think there's negativeness in black skin and it's being exaggerated. I mean the black suit looks way cool there isn't anything negative about black skin in the first place. It's an individual who sees black negatively not that it is universally.
brendanfmcclelland

Con

I must say that the skin isn't really black. It's dark brown.
solar145254

Pro

Oh, by "I must say" were you being apologetic for jet black skin? It's good it's the same colour as space. I mean dark brown can be summarised under black just like mediteranian red is summarised under white. It's as if you think white skin is better. Weird.
brendanfmcclelland

Con

Will the skin tones among blacks do kind of very and if you look up "black" in the dictionary it would have different etymologies.
solar145254

Pro

If you mean by etymolgies black has negative connotations it's about individuals supporting that themselves or not. It's more about dark being depressing not dark skin. People love darkness, the night sky, space, a dark room to sleep in...
Sci-fi has dark colour schemes.

Who are these type of white loving weirdo black folks anyway, nobody has this around London, it's an odd thing white skins better. You seem like this type, someone who thinks white skins better and dark skins worse. Where have you heard this, in somewhere like India, what uncool weirdos.
brendanfmcclelland

Con

All I can say that it was coincendental and not racist.
solar145254

Pro

I've won.
Posted by Embracethecringeboi 1 year ago
Embracethecringeboi
Probably just some spooky coincidence