bitsnpieces
john_seo

Was the Jesus character in the bible a sinner?

john_seo has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

bitsnpieces

Pro

Breaking any of the 10 commandments identified in the bible is a sin. Especially if the penalty is death for such crime. The Jesus character violated the Sabbath Law and as a result, was a sinner that was sentenced to death.
john_seo

Con

Actually, Jesus is God's son, and was also given all abilities as God but just in human form, so that means that he could just change the commandments that his father made, because he is basically God.
bitsnpieces

Pro

Thank you for joining this debate. I look forward to hearing your opinions.

Apparently in your defense, you would like to claim that the Jesus character is basically the Almighty God of the bible who instituted the 10 commandments and has the authority to change the commandments whenever he pleases.

Unfortunately, the bible already identified that the Jesus character is not the Almighty God of the bible as exposed in the following verse:

And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone." - Mark 10:18

Since the Jesus character self-admitted and confessed that he is not good and that he is not the God Almighty, then your claim cannot supercede the Jesus character's own strong affirmation. In other words, the Jesus character is not the God Almighty.
Nor can any of the commandments be changed as the God Almighty had already declared in the following verse:

"You shall not add to the word that I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God that I command you." - Deuteronomy 4:2

Making any changes to the Almighty God's commandments destroys the integrity of all of his Holy Laws and his own credibility.

As a reference for proof that the Jesus character had violated the Sabbath Law, I shall provide the following verse that identifies the Jesus character violating the holy Laws as written in the following passage:

"Because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God." - John 5:18

So in addition to breaking the Sabbath Law, the bible exposes that the Jesus character also broke the Blasphemy Law which is also a serious sin and punishable by the death penalty:

"Anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD is to be put to death." - Leviticus 24:16

Due to the Jesus character's back-to-back sins, there is no question as to why he was sentenced to the Death Penalty under his Holy Laws.

Hopefully this eye-opening information has been very helpful. I look forward to your next defense.
Posted by bitsnpieces 1 year ago
bitsnpieces
@stcornerap, you cannot discount "evil" by excluding moral evil and sin. "Evil" encompasses "Everything" that is bad. Whether it is "War", the behaviors and thoughts that require "War", and the actions that result in "Transgression" or "Harm" in any form. These are all forms of "Evil".

Can Moral Evil lead to "War"? Yes.
Can sin lead to "Transgression" or "Harm"? Yes.

Does Moral Evil or Sin exist in the Kingdom of Heaven? No.
Can Moral Evil or Sin be commited by a Rock or Bacteria? No.

If Moral Evil and Sin was not designed and built into Rocks, Bacteria, or the Kingdom of Heaven, then why then is it designed and built into Man? Because this is how the God Almighty designed man. He created Moral Evil and Sin as part of human abilities.

You're too busy trying to defend the Jesus character sinful crimes that you have wilfully ignored that nothing can exist without the will from the God Almighty. Now, do you understand the Bible and the Supreme Power of the God Almighty? Have you absorbed the meaning of "Supreme"? Or do you still want to believe that Moral Evil and Sin evolved on it's own without the Almighty God's intervention in it's existence?
Posted by stcornerap 1 year ago
stcornerap
Thank you for proving the word of God to be true. Your response was perfect. Drop the mic, I'm out.
Posted by bitsnpieces 1 year ago
bitsnpieces
@stcornerap, you are not the God Almighty, so you cannot possibly presume whom he loves at this time and age. Expressing blasphemous assumptions will not bring out any truth. This is the mistake many modern members of religion pursue.... act, think, and talk, on behalf of a God Almighty. Everyone wants to be a prohpet these days but in reality, don't have the credentials and legitimate proof to build upon ancient scriptures of the original testament.
Posted by stcornerap 1 year ago
stcornerap
P.S. Even though your trying bring God down He still loves you and so do I. Not as much as God does but as much as I can love a stranger who is going after my father. I pray for forginess for you and salvation. Forgive them Father for they know not what they do.
Posted by stcornerap 1 year ago
stcornerap
Let's step back a few steps. You seem to be under the impression that because you have an idea and you continue to move forward with it even when its been didproven that that some how maintains its truth. You gave me a question about creating evil and I biblically explained that God was not speaking of moral evil or sin. This would be like a father handing out a punishment for doing something wrong yet you would use that analogy to villainize the father. We can't have a conversation if it's going to be one sided. You gave an accusation with no contextual relevance or proof. I gave an answer that was contextually relevant and one that would be supported by experts in the subject. You can't bully your way through, this isn't a situation where you are in the power position. My defenses have demolished your offenses. We can't move forward until you can start bringing evidence outside of your proof less broken record. I'm sorry but wining an argument by refusing to listen and speaking louder isn't winning an argument. You can defend against my responses so you just pretend they don't exist. If you can't disprove what I've said in a contextual biblical manner then please don't respond. You can't win an biblical argument if your not going to take into account the context of the Bible. Let's see if I'm right and your out of ideas, my guess is you and your broken record will return and my responses go unchallenged. Please use context, this would be necessary in debating any topic. Everybody knows that. No way around it.
Posted by bitsnpieces 1 year ago
bitsnpieces
@stcornerap, why are you ignoring the truth written in the bible? Let us remind you of the Words spoken by the God Almighty as recorded and found in the holy scriptures under Isiaiah 45:7...

{I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.} - Isaiah 45:7.

Why do you insist in ignoring that God Almighty created Love and also created Hate? Why choose to be dishonest about what you see and what you have found in the Bible regarding God Almighty as the Creator of Good and Evil (Not Good)? Deceiving yourself will not help you find the Truth.

You have learned that God Almighty created the Heavens, the Earth, including the Lake of Fire. He is the Creator of "ALL" things. Does the word "ALL" not mean "ALL" in your mind?

These are questions you must begin to ask yourself if you want to find the truth. But your first step in this journey is to understand the words in the bible in that God Almighty Created "Everything". You cannot use devils, demons, satan, etc... as your scapegoat. You need to accept the definition and absolute meaning of "Everything" and "All". Every living creature is a Creation of the God Almighty including their behavior, capacity, intentions, characteristics, limitations, etc. There are no exceptions...."Everything" means "Everything".

With that said, let us return to the question that you are wilfully avoiding.... Why do you encourage others to develop a relationship with the Creator of "No Good"? Don't be shy...please be honest and you shall know the truth about yourself.
Posted by stcornerap 1 year ago
stcornerap
I'm sorry I didn't see the end of your post. It's extremely easy. Everyone should know that they have the opportunity to live with God's love and to be saved. The door is open to all no matter their past. God is love and God loves us all. It's up to us to receive his grace, to accept His invitation. You've made it obvious that you don't know God and you don't understand the Bible. You've also made it clear that you have no interest in truth or educating yourself. It's easy for me to want to lead people to God through Jesus because I know God. It's easy for you to want to lead them away because you don't know Him. You have no argument because you have no knowledge. I saw that you have done this debate before and you received the same words that I've given you. You didn't take the time to research the subject and figure out how to debate the true meaning of God's word. My guess is it's because you can't. You think the Bible is like IKEA instructions and that God is just rules on a piece of paper. I have given you real answers and you have remained blind with no new arguments, points, or additions of any value. I am not God and I cannot cure the blind.
Posted by stcornerap 1 year ago
stcornerap
I'm sorry that you don't understand and you miss out on the beauty of this world and God's love. I am truly sad that the answers are right in front of you and refuse to learn, to study, to make educated decisions. I've answered all of your questions biblically. Your beliefs aren't found in the word of God. Not everyone will hear and understand. I'm sorry that your heart is hardened. God is love and I hope some day you see it. His door will always be open to you. Be in search of truth and take advantage of all there is to study. The truth is out there, and the truth shall set you free. Take care.
Posted by bitsnpieces 1 year ago
bitsnpieces
@stcornerap, in reality, you only know as much as we can experience or read from someone else's "opinion".

And you also seem to forget that the Devil, Satan, Disasters, Evil, Bad, and everything undesired only exist because the God Almighty Created ALL of them and permit them to continue to exist. This is why the books of Isaiah 45:7 exists to makes sense of everything in existence.

A devil is not a God. A devil cannot Create sin if sin does not exist and has yet to be created. On the other hand, when God creates a Devil, then creates sin, then it shall exist even for the benefit of a devil.

Thus, you have no choice but to accept the scriptural facts clearly stated under Isaiah 45:7 whereby the God Almighty is the Creator of All things including the Creator of evil or everything that is not good....including the Creation of a devil, sin, disasters, calamity, and all bad things that hurt and kill even innocent people.

So back to the question in hand...why would you encourage others to have a relationship with such Creator of All things including the Creator of evil or everything that is not good....including the Creation of a devil, sin, disasters, calamity, and all bad things that hurt and kill even innocent people?

There's no way out...should you continue to seek a relationship with a Creator of such bad things including the Creation of a devil, you must look deep in your mind and emotions to understand why you are favorable to such Creations of bad things...please share with us your thoughts.
Posted by stcornerap 1 year ago
stcornerap
I'm sure why you bother to debate about something without knowing anything about it. One you missed the entire point of my last post and obviously didn't go back and research my response for yourself. Also you seem to not know the basics either. When God created the the Heavens and the Earth He made it all very good. He didn't create us to have suffering or diseases, AIDS, or death. The Devil did that by creating sin. The perfect world that God created is now a fallen world. You should look into this stuff before you put your thoughts in public. I'd love to hear your thoughts but after a little research. Give the subject matter the respect it deserves on both sides. Most atheists who debate Christianity are people who have really researched the subject matter that they debate. Give some credit to your cause and come back when you can do it justice. Don't give up on what you believe in. Don't be discouraged, just add some research to your game.