WW2_Freak
UnderHill

Was the dropping of the atomic bomb a good thing of a bad thing?

WW2_Freak

Pro

I think the dropping of the Atomic Bomb not only ended the war, but also, showed the power of Nuclear Weapons, which is a good thing, because sooner or later it was going to be developed and used. If the US dropped the bomb or not, the Cold War was coming, and the arms race was coming to, not only with nukes, but with tanks and other weapons. Sooner or later, someone was going to develop and use these nukes, possibly on a huge city, like Moscow, or New York, Washington, or St. Petersburg. Not tens of thousands would die, like in the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but millions would. Only then, would humanity learn its lesson.

Plus, millions would have died if Japan hadn't surrendered to the United States. Japan only surrendered because they new the sheer power of the bomb the US had developed.
UnderHill

Con

My opponent really didn't state whether or not he thinks it was a good or bad thing. So I'll say it was a good thing.
WW2_Freak

Pro

... Ok... I could do this... No need to be a d**k about it, you saw my view, but, ok... The Atomic Bomb droppings were BAD because there were so many deaths. 10's of 1000's of deaths happens to be a heck of a lot. Plus, there was still threat of getting Cancer. P.S, it says that I picked pro.
UnderHill

Con

I'll just concede you this one, but you didn't actually say what position you were taking until the middle of the debate.
WW2_Freak

Pro

We HAVE to start this over.... In the meantime, voters, I debated myself, SO, your choices are Me (pro) and Me (con)
UnderHill

Con

UnderHill forfeited this round.
Posted by ssingh0247 3 years ago
ssingh0247
yes because when japan attacked us they had no other choice because they had no oil left so for them it was either do or die. when we nuked them we destroyed everything they had so they knew not to mess with America and that also ended World War Two. they got what they deserved
Posted by UnderHill 3 years ago
UnderHill
I was expecting like an "it's okay man, it was an honest mistake." But that works too I guess.
Posted by WW2_Freak 3 years ago
WW2_Freak
NO SH*T, JERKWAD!!! God almighty...
Posted by UnderHill 3 years ago
UnderHill
Yeah I totally misread your argument, so my bad lol
Posted by WW2_Freak 3 years ago
WW2_Freak
Thanks, I'll need it. Hopefully this is a good debate.
Posted by PatriotPerson 3 years ago
PatriotPerson
I did this debate, however it ended as a tie.

Best wishes to pro.