kkurke
dsjpk5

Water Privatization

dsjpk5

kkurke

Pro

Water Privatization can help to improve the overall water supply.R32;The most dangerous thing that people consume every day is water. Billions of people every year drink water that is contaminated and puts their health at risk. Through water privatization, better water would be achieved for many communities because profitability would be in clean water and not dirty water.

It would make systems more efficient.R32;Profitability dictates that a system be as efficient as possible so that it can be as profitable as possible. In the world of water distribution, this would mean that more people would receive their water in a more efficient manner and that would limit the ability of the water to be contaminated within the system.

It could reduce mortality rates. R32;Most nations are committed to increasing their population"s access applies and this naturally reduces child mortality rates. By releasing the water supply to a profitable business venture, people have more of a guarantee that their water will be clean or have a monetary source of damages if they are given dirty water.

It saves municipalities time and money. R32;The city of Chicago has privatized more than 40 city services in the past decade and this has generated more than $3 billion in upfront payments from corporations to be able to lease any assets. Although small communities are going to see this kind of cash upfront, it shows the possibility of how profitable up water privatization venture could be.

It reduces public sector risks. R32;By transferring the responsibilities of water distribution to the private sector, the public sector reduces their amount of Worker"s Compensation risk that must be assumed and this benefits the taxpayer on the back end of their fees.

It allows for specialized services to be provided through specialized utilities. R32;Instead of placing state workers into a job that they may not be fully knowledgeable about, a for-profit business would be able to bring in specialized employees who can provide a higher level of care to the water systems that are already in place. Starting from the water source, and ending at the user"s tap, a better overall product comes about thanks to the added expertise that is present throughout the entire chain of custody.

With the reasons stated above I have made my point on why water privatization is a good thing.
dsjpk5

Con

I'd like to thank my opponent for creating this debate.

PLAGIARISM

My opponent has plagiarized his/her entire first round argument from the following source:

http://www.visionlaunch.com...

I ask the voters to consider this when voting on this debate.
kkurke

Pro

The point of me posting an argument is that you respond and second of all the person who wrote this website Crystal is a close family friend and I indeed did help her write this post. So why don't you keep that a in mind.
dsjpk5

Con

Actually, the point of this website is for me to debate you, not the author of some blog post. If she wanted to debate the issue, she should have joined the website. This is debate.org, not copy and paste.org.

As for the authorship of the article, Chrystal is the ONLY one credited with it, so it is in NO WAY your own creation.

Since, you have not yet offered an original argument, I have yet to have anything to rebut. I eagerly await you finally offering an actual argument in the next round.
kkurke

Pro

kkurke forfeited this round.
dsjpk5

Con

Well, since my opponent never gave me any original arguments to rebut, all I can do is offer my own negative case...

Water privatization would be more likely to lead to cutting corners when it comes to water quality. Private corporations main focus is profit. Cutting costs is one way to maximize profit. Therefore privatization is more likely to lead to quality being compromised in order to maximize profit. With this in mind, water privatization should be avoided, as it could lead to the population getting sick due to contamination.
Posted by GoOrDin 9 months ago
GoOrDin
I am a commi socialist/nationalist. I disagree with privatized water.
Vote Placed by U.n 9 months ago
U.n
kkurkedsjpk5Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Unbelievable.Time 9 months ago
Unbelievable.Time
kkurkedsjpk5Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff and plagiarism.
Vote Placed by Hayd 9 months ago
Hayd
kkurkedsjpk5Tied
Reasons for voting decision: forfeiture and plagarism, conduct to Con