Pastafarian
Vincentsmells

Waterboarding

Pastafarian

Pastafarian

Con

Hello Ben—you shall be the contender in this debate in which we are having. This debate will be based off of the controversial topic of torture done by the government to gain knowledge from the unlucky prisoner. I as con will argue that we shouldn't torture the prisoner just for gaining information. The torture in which we are discussing about will be about Waterboarding.

Structure of this Debate
Round 1: Introduction, and Con shall post his beginning arguments in this debate
Round 2: We both shall Argue and Rebuttal to the facts provided by the opposing sides
Round 3: See round 2
Round 4: Conclusion

Rules
The rules in this debate will be no abusive language, nothing cruel towards the opponent such as the term "Your Mom", or any other BS. The RFD has to be 7 points per vote. Lastly—two forfeits = a forfeit in the debate

Definition
Torture- A method of inflicting such pain http://dictionary.reference.com...
Gain- Recieve
Information- The act or fact of informing http://dictionary.reference.com...

I let Pro Start off.
Vincentsmells

Pro

Hello there, my very much worthy adversary. Your first notion, though short, is greatly compelling.... but I'm better.
Waterboarding for those who may not know is a special form of torture only reserved for the absolute worse criminals, such as Muslim fundamentalists, and American soldiers that have committed acts of unforgivable treason. It involves tying a person down to a slab of rock, table, or any other kind of flat, sturdy surface. Then covering said offender's face with a cloth/towel and proceeding to either spray water or dump water onto the victim's covered face. Now as I can understand this as being viewed as inhumane keep in mind, this is intended for only THE WORST OF THE WORST criminals, which obviously means this isn't used for people who commit 7-11 robberies.

Now I can already see people voting for Vincent simply because of the common view of "Oh that's inhumane no matter WHAT the crime." This is simply not true, I'm sure everyone has heard the expression "If you can't do the time don't do the crime." Well exactly the same case. Also, I would like to point out that my opponent has written and I quote, "Torture done by the government in order to gain knowledge from the unlucky prisoner." Now this is not true completely. Criminals such as terrorists, traitors, and other war criminals are first taken into custody and questioned for DAYS. Now I don't know about all of you but 5-6 days of just asking for the information is fairly generous considering the things the offender has done to even get his or herself into said situation. After this tedious task of interrogating the perpetrator for this long time, I would suppose it calls for a little help from a bucket, some water, and a towel. Remember, and I really cannot stress this enough, THIS IS MEANT FOR THE WORST OF THE WORST. If you litter this isn't happening, but if you bomb public locations and or have information that would benefit America in the war and are deliberately keeping this from the government, so that America shall perish, this will be your consequence and you deserver said punishment.

I let my opponent take the floor.
Pastafarian

Con

Pastafarian forfeited this round.
Vincentsmells

Pro

Vincentsmells forfeited this round.
Pastafarian

Con

Pastafarian forfeited this round.
Pastafarian

Con

Pastafarian forfeited this round.
Vincentsmells

Pro

Vincentsmells forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by CapsLock 5 years ago
CapsLock
PastafarianVincentsmellsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro didn't provide any sources-- and both sides forfeited, and so both loses the conduct vote. They both had good s/g. The convincing arguments-- I didn't feel Pro gave it to me, but Con only did one round-- so therefore no vote on that.