BryanMullins
Sincerely_Millenial

We Are All Just People (All The Americans Are Dead)

BryanMullins

Pro

we're not americans, we are all just people
4 reasons why
1. we don't bleed red, white, and blue. that is a rumor that was spread to promote stupid patriotism. your main blood color is red. the more you breath the brighter the color.
2. patriotism and nationalism has nothing to do with the color of your blood.
just because of the colors of a flag, doesn't mean that you bleed it. (It's an Idiom)
3. Nationalism is used to discriminate others who are different, if you can't stand people who are different than you, than get over it. Since WWII people use nationalism to discriminate and control the masses.
4. we have been people since the dawn of civilization, we've made great inventions, studied alot of things,and now we discovered how human we are.
Although you call us names, we are all just people, everyday people. walking in the streets, singing in the churches, eating, living, doing everything that we normally do.
we are all just people.
Sincerely_Millenial

Con

The idea that we are all just people is beautiful, but I think that the majority of us people have greatly slandered the idea of a label. To say that we are Americans is to say that we are part of that nation and there is no harm in being proud of your nationality. Patriotism and Nationalism of course have nothing to do with the color of ones blood because the color of ones blood is a metaphor for ones ethnicity and culture. Nationalism is not a form of discrimination it is a form of pride. If you reject the idea of Nationalism, you must also reject the idea of religion/culture/individuality. To say that we are "all just people" is to say that we are all just the same. The beauty of humanity comes from its many different cultures and ability to grow and develop within those cultures. We are all just people, but we are all different people and our differences while sometimes may clash are what make us unique, and I for one am not willing to give up my individuality for conformity.
Posted by Sincerely_Millenial 1 year ago
Sincerely_Millenial
A tie is a tie, not a one-sided win. You do not determine who breaks the tie, a third party non-debator does.
Posted by Zarium 1 year ago
Zarium
@Bryan, those claims only work if they are made before the fact...
Posted by Zarium 1 year ago
Zarium
No - my comments are completely seperate - please treat me as an individual and type a response to my points specifically - you were venomous because you thought i was your opponent - respond to me as you would - if you had not been affected by those feelings please.
Posted by BryanMullins 1 year ago
BryanMullins
even though the debate says its a tie, i still win!!
Posted by BryanMullins 1 year ago
BryanMullins
I wanted this debate to be a tie
if it is a tie that means that I will break the tie
and I won
I have confirmed that all the americans are dead
Sincerely_Millenial
I just realized that was two different commenters, but the argument remains the same.
Sincerely_Millenial
Judging by your comments on my profile picture clearly you're just a childish debater only here to instigate fights which is totally against everything you just argued for. Regarding to you not being a "true citizen of our country" do you mean an illegal immigrant? Because if so, then you're argument to remove Nationalism is no longer an issue of accepting people for their culture and beliefs, it is an issue of removing culture and beliefs so that people can be considered "citizens of the world" so that any issues of crossing borders into different countries would no longer be a difficulty. If THAT is the case, then ONE that is a different argument that invalidates your argument because you are no longer arguing from the perspective of a person that just wants to have the world view everyone as "just people" and TWO how dare you even suggest that Nationalism and Patriotism are the enemy when you're just simply too lazy to become and actual citizen and learn about the culture of the country you are living in! My mother spent 5 years learning the American culture when she moved from Germany and spent a lot of time, money, and effort to become a citizen, to speak the language, and learn how our government and economy works differently from Germany's. If one person has to go through the process, every person does. Stop whining about not being accepted as a person and learn to act like an adult.
Posted by Zarium 1 year ago
Zarium
Though Con, i completely understand where you are coming from with your points there, I totally agree that one must always acknowledge their roots - i simply believe they shouldn't hold others accountable because of them.
Posted by Zarium 1 year ago
Zarium
I have a problem with ethnicity - i could go to Asia or to America, and simply because i was born on different lands and with different accents or skin tones - i am treated differently than if i were to simply look like them - i miss out on this wonderful culture that you say you will lose if we were to realise "we are all people" - why cant i have a warm welcome to anothers culture, and share some of my own - or a great conversation with someone, mainly because "im not a true citizen of their country", is severly and depressingly unfair.

I agree with pro's ideals here, however he has lost some points in my books due to his remarks made - you don't need to insult someone personally for an intellectual difference, no matter how you feel personally about the display picture.
Posted by BryanMullins 1 year ago
BryanMullins
it does not matter what culture, religion, or society you live or believe in.
when I mean by "we are all just people" I meant we are all unique in our chromosomes,DNA,Name,race,and sex. it has nothing to do with being the same
apparently this con is ignorant and he has a stupid profile picture.
plus nationalism influences war and crimes against humanity, so this con is telling me that it doesn't hurt to support an idea that influences war and crimes against humanity, thats ridiculous and hypocritical!