We Need To Complete 3 Debates Before Voting

I feel that this system only creates less involvement from an actual spread of people, and blocks real results. Those who have the time/need/want to participate in this website are the ones who will invest the time and will end up voting, creating a smaller sample size for results and causing the entire structure to lean in surprisingly predictable ways.

It also causes a bunch of "Plz vote/approve so i can vote" debates.

I think that the criteria for being able to vote should be reduced.

We have the system in place so that people who are voting are engaged members of the community who are actually know how debate works, are able to properly anaylze the arguments, grammar, and logic of the debaters. I present two potential problems with eliminating the three debate rule.

1.) Groups of friends could just create accounts to vote for a debater, givng immense power to people who would do such a thing.
2.) It would leave more prone to people getting votes with stirring emotional speeches not backed up by evidence if the voting crowd can't appreciate the logic of debate

These two problems would directly violate DDO's front page statement.

" is a free online community where intelligent minds from around the world come to debate online and read the opinions of others. "

To respond to my opponent's argument about a more limited field, I provide this analogy.

I am taking a survey as to whether Americans will vote for Candidate A or B. Do I take the survey out of all people or only out of likely voters?
One would probably chose the survey of likely voters, because that will give me more accurate results.

In the same way, if I am trying to figure out which person gave the better intelluctual arguments (see the words intelligent minds in home page), would I ask everyone, or those who have experience in devising arguments like these.
One would probably choose the second option because it will give better results to the question of who composed better intelluctual arguments
Posted by Briannj17 9 months ago
Briannj17 my goat. Sorry had to keep up the rhyme rhythm. :-)
Posted by Ofyuff 9 months ago
I would vote, but I am stuck in the same boat so...