Putt-Putt
E_D

We Should Allow Religion To Create Rules For Our Country

Putt-Putt

Putt-Putt

Con

Round One: Acceptance
Round Two: Arguments
Round Three: Rebuttals/New Arguments
Round Four: Rebuttals, No Further Arguments
E_D

Pro

I accept your debate. Waiting for your arguments
Putt-Putt

Con

Thank you Pro, for accepting the debate. I look forward to this, and am hoping for a clean and well mannered argument.

I would like to start off with saying that America was founded based on the beliefs that church should not control the state. The pilgrims, who separated from England due to the suppression of religion are thanked for the founding of this great country, and we almost turn their beliefs around, and allow religion to control many aspects of our every day life.

Many governmental choices, such as the ban on gay rights, a topic more recent, all the way back to slave ownership. Both of these laws were backed by the premise of "The Bible Says It Is/Isn't Okay." If we are going to make laws based on religion, we should follow that premise wholeheartedly, and not pick and chose which laws to make and which to ignore.

Allowing religion to control our government will only do to allow many unsatisfactory laws to pass congress. With the ideas of separation of church from state, we should follow them, and allow our citizens to vote on laws based on beliefs and opinions instead of taking them straight out of the Bible, or other religious texts.

I do realize my argument here is short, but I have not had much time and I would rather put down something than forfiet the round. I plan on posting better arguments next round.

I again thank my opponent for accepting the topic, and look forward to his response.
E_D

Pro

E_D forfeited this round.
Putt-Putt

Con

Pro forfeited this round so I will wait to post further arguments
E_D

Pro

E_D forfeited this round.
Putt-Putt

Con

Again , Pro forfeited, I am disappointed that this debate could not be argued, and I hope voters can clearly see who the right choice is for the winner of this argument.
E_D

Pro

E_D forfeited this round.
Posted by CynicalDiogenes 3 years ago
CynicalDiogenes
Are you trying to mean that Laws should not be religiously inspired? Should we not take any inspiration and moral direction from religion? If yes, then i think i can debate this.
Posted by ADreamOfLiberty 3 years ago
ADreamOfLiberty
There are many countries, but more importantly there are many religions; and I wouldn't give any of them the authority to makes rules even though I'm sure a few would make fair ones.
Posted by IslamAhmadiyya 3 years ago
IslamAhmadiyya
What country? There are hundreds.

If you mean the United States, I hope you know that the Constitution was made by Christians who believed in God, and they also took ideas from other religions as well. Every moral rule within human society is from religion, rules aren't man made, but given to us by God.
Vote Placed by Projectid 3 years ago
Projectid
Putt-PuttE_DTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit! People wasting other peoples time!