HelpMeWhenIFall
manutdredseal46

We Should Have A Stronger Border Fence

manutdredseal46

HelpMeWhenIFall

Pro

Good afternoon to all potential audience and to my opponent.
I would like to thank my opponent for accepting my debate.
I would like to start by expressing my concern. I feel that we need a concrete border to keep out all illegal immigrants. It is not fair to all of the hard working U.S. citizens to have their jobs and house taken of by illegals who do not need to be here.
manutdredseal46

Con

>Though I have no idea who she is or why she challenged me, I would like my nevertheless respected opponent for starting this debate.

>I am going to write out my case in the traditional LD format. My opponent may do the same or just type out her arguments as she pleases.

>Angelina Jolie once said that "[She is] the kind of person who doesn't recognize borders. [She doesn't] understand why we think it is okay to keep someone within one border when they are unable to feed their family when they could be getting help somewhere else. [She doesn't] see people as different so I don't understand the idea of borders in this world." I agree with her and it is because I think freedom is essential in international affairs that I negate the resolution:

:: Negated ::

The US should have a border fence

>For clarification during this debate I would like to offer the following definition:

Freedom: the state of being free or at liberty rather than in confinement or under physical restraint

>I would like to offer the following observation:

My opponent has the burden of proof to prove why we should have a border fence. If she fails to do this then CON will in this debate.

:: Value ::

>My value is freedom. Freedom is a global and national concept involving the abilities and liberty of the people. Without freedom no society functions or survives thus making freedom internationally valued. In this debate the freedom at question is whether or not individuals outside of the US should have the ability to find and maintain an occupation inside the borders of the US.

:: Value Criterion ::

>My value criterion is equality. Equality is practiced worldwide and is definitely necessary to maintain societies. I vouch for equality in this debate because I believe that all individuals, no matter what their ethnicity, background, or residency should have the same ability to find a job and maintain it in the US. To win this debate my opponent must prove that these individuals outside of the US do not deserve equality to those inside it.

:: Contention 1 ::

>My first contention is that all individuals deserve the same chances to get a job. There is no conceivable reason that an immigrant would be worth less than a person already living in the United States. This is because of the following:

1. Immigrants and citizens of the US are all people

2. No people deserve more rights than other people

Due to this logic there is no reason that the immigrant community is worth any less than the American community.

:: Contention 2 ::

>My second contention is that illegal immigrants are in need of the job opportunities that exist in the US. My opponent neglects the fact that illegal immigrants come to the US for a REASON. This reason is to survive which they believe (and they are correct) they can achieve by getting a job in the US. According to a Press Briefing on Comprehensive Immigration Reform by Joel Kaplan the economy (and job market) are "the magnet for illegal immigration." The economy and job market in Mexico are decimated so these people which we speak of are forced to travel to the US, the closest country with a decent job market.

:: Contention 3 ::

>My third contention is that a lack of illegal immigrants would devastate the US economy. An overwhelming majority of illegal immigrants which come to the US live in California and Texas (http://www.statemaster.com...). These numbers were as of the 200 census and are greater now. If these millions of immigrants in the work forces of these states were not in the US then the economy of these states would be devastated.

---:: Opponent's Case ::---

>My opponent's case is not really a case. It is a list of beliefs. I will address them 1 by 1.

1) "I feel that we need a concrete border to keep out all illegal immigrants." I disagree with this. See: All

2) "It is not fair to all of the hard working U.S. citizens to have their jobs and house taken of by illegals who do not need to be here." The illegal immigrants in fact do need to be here. See: Contention 2

>I look forward to the response of my respected opponent.
HelpMeWhenIFall

Pro

HelpMeWhenIFall forfeited this round.
manutdredseal46

Con

>I regret that my opponent has forfeited the round. As she has been offline since her initial argument I will not count this as dropping of any points.
HelpMeWhenIFall

Pro

HelpMeWhenIFall forfeited this round.
manutdredseal46

Con

>I regret that my opponent has forfeited R2 and R3. As she has been offline since her initial argument I will not count this as dropping of any points.
HelpMeWhenIFall

Pro

HelpMeWhenIFall forfeited this round.
manutdredseal46

Con

>I regret that my opponent has forfeited R2, R3 and R4. She has not made an argument against me yet so I will have to declare vistory. Please vote CON. Thank you all.
Posted by manutdredseal46 8 years ago
manutdredseal46
That's why I wanted to debate that. Because I could just copy my case. I know, I'm lazy...
Posted by crackofdawn 8 years ago
crackofdawn
although I'm debating the same topic against Con in "Border Defence"
Posted by crackofdawn 8 years ago
crackofdawn
Ditto
Posted by JBlake 8 years ago
JBlake
All votes go to Con for obvious reasons.
Posted by paramore102 8 years ago
paramore102
I will vote con, i respect you thoughts. I wish you well
Posted by manutdredseal46 8 years ago
manutdredseal46
*My bad guys, the 2,000 census, There was no 200 census.

And thanks Lab Rat ;)
Posted by Labrat228 8 years ago
Labrat228
Though I agree with Pro, Con just had a great round.
Posted by Ragnar_Rahl 8 years ago
Ragnar_Rahl
Mommy, why does the Christian hate us for our freedom? :P
Vote Placed by Ineffablesquirrel 8 years ago
Ineffablesquirrel
HelpMeWhenIFallmanutdredseal46Tied
Vote Placed by JBlake 8 years ago
JBlake
HelpMeWhenIFallmanutdredseal46Tied