Only-Human
thesouthwillrise

We are the Brave

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Only-Human

Pro

I am an American, our country over the last few years has been frowned upon by the other countries of the world because we seem to be the bullies of the world. Our goverment made us believe we were fighting for freedom in the Middle East but it was for their oil. But that's goverment. What about the people? Given the choice most of us would fight to the death for what we believe, and if that's what we have to do to redeem ourselves then so be it. We will not bow.

( I would prefer if Con were someone from another country)
thesouthwillrise

Con

I am happy to debate this subject, as I debate it with my friends all the time. I hope this debate can be as polite and respectful as possible.

I will identify what most people consider to be American beliefs

#1:Democracy

#2:Equality

#3:Freedom, although this is generally a worldwide belief.

Now on to the people. If you go up to an average American and ask him/her if he/she will fight, and possibly die for any of these values, the answer will be, generally, a flat out no. The reason for this is because, obviously, people do not want to fight and die for people of another race, ethnicity, country, religion, etc. It may sound racist but if you think about it, everybody is a little bit racist in some way. Everybody prefers their own race, ethnicity, country, religious group, culture, people, etc, over all others.

But sometimes someone you ask will say no because simply of the risk of dying. Most of the time, actually. Now there are not any sources to prove this that I know of, but I've talked with many Americans, and the latter reason is typically prevalent. This proves that modern-day Americans, or at least a good amount of them, are cowardly.
Only-Human

Pro

I ask a few kids in school today 13 or 14 most of them. And you were right. Most of
Them said they would either run or 'only if I have too' . But every now and then I ask a kid an they say yes . If we were ever invaded they would rise in arms and fight til death, same as I. It's these few people who I think represent this country and its values of freedom and equality( I don't like politics, so democracy isn't a value to me). These people say whats on their minds and speak out for what they believe. You might think otherwise, but this is me.( btw are you American? The flag is throwing me off)
thesouthwillrise

Con

So you asked about 15 people if they would fight and die for the US if we were invaded, and only one said yes. Now, this is an extreme generalization, considering different military cultures in different regions, but, according to your reasearch, only 20 million people would stand in the way of an army, plus the 1 million that's currently in the US military. Again, very far-fetched, considering the US would probably hold a draft. Now think about that if China were to invade. China alone has a military of 2 million, double the size of the US, and they could draft millions in a month. Unless every single American fought against China, (and the odds are still ridiculously against them,) the US would be defeated. But only 20 million? It's not even a fair fight. If you are accurate, then this alone also proves that Americans are not brave.

And to answer your question, yes and no. I consider myself to be of 3 nationalities: American (meaning from both Canada and the US, since the cultures are similar,) Southerner, since I was born in the south and my ancestors have been in the south for 299 years exactly, and a citizen of the United States.
Only-Human

Pro

Well what about that 20 million who will stand against that army? Are they not brave for standing against unbeatable odds, like the Spartans of Greece. 300 stood against half a million. I know that a large portion of Americans will be cowards and run, hide, or surrender. But know that I'll not be among those and I hope you would join the defense.
thesouthwillrise

Con

Well, if this debate is about if ANY Americans are brave, then it is impossible to win as con because I would indeed be against the invasion forces, so I am brave, and I am American. But if this argument is about if MOST Americans are brave, which according to your reasearch, we are NOT the brave. If this argument is about if ALL Americans are brave, then there is no way you can ever win that, considering that 14 out of 15 Americans is not brave.
Only-Human

Pro

(Yea I'm not good at be specific on titles yet)
Well then both of us agree that SOME Americans are brave. I can say also that attack such as peral harbor and 9/11 that bring the soldier out of some. That makes them brave enough to take a rifle and fight against the Japs or Terriost in the Middle East. If someone starts killing people on either coast or border, that people in the South will fight Mexico people in Colorado and North Dakota will fight Candaians(just examples) People on the west coast will fight China and people on the east coast will fight Russians. It's moments like 9/11 and Peral Harbor that make people brave. Great debate I'm pretty sure I lost. Hope we can debate again!
thesouthwillrise

Con

Yes we can agree that some Americans are brave, but that is to be expected when you have a population of our size.

Thanks for debating this with me!
Posted by thesouthwillrise 3 years ago
thesouthwillrise
Plus, he already said that he lost. You would know that if you could read good grammar.
Posted by thesouthwillrise 3 years ago
thesouthwillrise
Your the racist gangster.
Posted by gangsta_krushnov 3 years ago
gangsta_krushnov
vote Only-Human, thesouthwillrise is a racist!
Posted by Crescendo 3 years ago
Crescendo
So basically the first poster "Revic" blames Conservatives for all of America's woes. I will not address this fallacious statement.
Here's the thing: Americans are couch potatoes. Rather than picking up a gun and fighting, we'd be forced into surrender if they shut down our Twitter and Facebook accounts, because many people cannot live without them.
Posted by ararmer1919 3 years ago
ararmer1919
The 2 wars fought in the Middle East this past decade were not over oil.
Posted by thesouthwillrise 3 years ago
thesouthwillrise
I'm trying to understand. Would I be debating that Americans are not brave?

I consider myself to be from a different country, the south. The south has more in common with Brazil than Boston and New York City.
Posted by Only-Human 3 years ago
Only-Human
I know this. There our people in my country who walk around saying that we should "nuke them
commies" I know this, but know that I defend the true American. We can tell you we have bad men, we have bribed senate members and a broken justice system. We are the ones who believe in a truly free world for all, but there is so few of us compared to hundreds of millions.
Posted by revic 3 years ago
revic
You are debating that Americans are brave and shouldn't be punished for the decisions of their government.

Unfortunately, there ARE some good Americans. Then there are the ignorants who speak before they reason. Lastly, there are those Americans that would kill all of the Islamic world, slaughter every Russian and would've dropped nukes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki theirselves. They'd even feel good about it.

You must be aware that it is the last group, those that believe blindly that they are the superior country that represents justice, that is getting the critique. They are the ones that are most active on the internet being mean, making fun of others and doing anything they could to support their patriottic beliefs.

I have no doubt that you would try to argue in favour of the innocent commoners, but they are not all innocent. It is a selective group of few that deserve the full blame for the disgrace brought to your nation.