Debaitebutdonthate1122
DebateWonder

We can be interns when starting from year 6

Debaitebutdonthate1122

Pro

I think we should be able to be interns when we start year 6. They can get credit to their academics in their school. This can also effect the future where they are applying to go to college and universities. It would also effect the jobs they are going to take in the further future. They would get the information on their school life and would confirm if they can join and plus, its easy to make it to a job if they can get credit but would have less knowledge only if they did not pass the schools but there is a chance if they would be hired to the job even though they did not pass. Also they need experience right? They will have the experience when they start being a intern which they would have higher expectations of job opportunities. This would have a positive effect towards the pupils in the future
DebateWonder

Con

Being interns starting from year 6 is ridiculous! Think about it, when you are 6 years old you are in first grade or kindergarten . If you have ever had experience being around little kids, you know that they are not qualified yet to meet the expectations of the workplace. First graders barely know the world, and they cannot be trusted with computers, with paint, or anything that is hazardous. In the CDC.gov website, an estimated 9.2 million children are hospitalized because of injuries, and 12, 175 children die from these injuries. Do we really want children in the workplace that can get cut, burned, or something worse?

Another argument against internships from age 6 is the Fair Labor Standards Act. This says that you cannot get a job unless you are 14 years old. Now why is that? First of all, when the law was first established children were working in mines, in stores, and on streets. They were working sometimes in hazardous conditions and weren't able to enjoy a life of childhood or go to school. This is what my opponent wants to do. He or she wants to send young children into the workplace to get credits for college.
Debaitebutdonthate1122

Pro

Debaitebutdonthate1122 forfeited this round.
DebateWonder

Con

DebateWonder forfeited this round.
Debaitebutdonthate1122

Pro

DebateWonder

Con

My opponent wrote this:
They would get the information on their school life and would confirm if they can join and plus, its easy to make it to a job if they can get credit but would have less knowledge only if they did not pass the schools but there is a chance if they would be hired to the job even though they did not pass. Also they need experience right?

Although internships do help students to get into college and later get jobs, my opponent is wrong on the fact that they would be hired to a job even if they did not pass. When managers look at different people to hire, they look at everything from their school history, their social media usage, and their internships. Simply stating that internships will guarantee a job is false. Experience also is a good thing when it comes to jobs, but 6 year old internships don't increase your chance of getting a job. If you had an internship at 6 years old, the manager would overlook that because you wouldn't remember anything from 6 years old.

My opponent also states that:
This would have a positive effect towards the pupils in the future

Based on the reasons that I gave above, I don't think that pupils who had an internship from kindergarten will impact their future. Internships at high school will, but elementary school internships are too far away from your actual career to have an actual impact. This is why colleges don't care about your elementary school grades. It is simply too far from your college career and doesn't represent your skills or abilities.
Debaitebutdonthate1122

Pro

DebateWonder

Con

It's funny that my opponent forfeited so many rounds, and he is being lazy while he is arguing for internships! We don't have a debate anymore, but I will continue defending my stance.
My opponent wrote this:
This can also effect the future where they are applying to go to college and universities. It would also effect the jobs they are going to take in the further future.

I agree that internships do affect college acceptance, its effect is only limited. My opponent has failed to realize that not only do internships matter, but colleges are also looking at your GPA, your teacher recommendations, and your extracurricular activities as well.

My opponent also wrote this:
They would get the information on their school life and would confirm if they can join and plus, its easy to make it to a job if they can get credit but would have less knowledge only if they did not pass the schools but there is a chance if they would be hired to the job even though they did not pass.

This argument isn't correct, because according to a government website, bls.gov, students who have lesser degrees also have a bigger chance of unemployment. According to the chart, students with a high school diploma face a 7.5% chance of not getting a job. That nearly is cut in half if the student gets a bachelor's degree. Just because you have an internship doesn't automatically guarantee you a job, and you do need knowledge to obtain a good job.
Posted by bluetree653 1 year ago
bluetree653
i'll join this debate, but first could you tell me do you mean a child at 6 years old or a 6th level of education?
Posted by SkyLeach 1 year ago
SkyLeach
apprenticeship?