5taff
The_Scottish_Debater

We have the right to own a firearm

5taff

Pro

This will be a 4 round argument that will remain in a civil mood throughout the entire debate. The debate will not officially start until round two as I will set aside round to for I and my challenger to exchange words and voice whatever we want to say before the debate begins officially. First off is like to make it perfectly clear that I want my guns right where they are, in the corner of my room. Secondly I would also like to say toy challenger thank you for joining this debate with me. I am very eager to see your points on this matter and hopefully have a good debate.
The_Scottish_Debater

Con

Good luck on this debate, I am against the right to own a firearm in any case beside being in the police or army.
5taff

Pro

First off I would like to present a common thing brought forward by the people who are not for guns being legal to the public. The belief is that a town with a no guns except in the case of law enforcement, would have less crime In an overall sense. To me that makes no sense whatsoever because if a criminal wants a gun they can get one and possibly kill no matter what and the poor civilians are left helpless. It's not the normal civilians who are usually doing the killing it's the criminals and so therefore why take the civilians way of defending themselves? I mean for heavens sakes the criminals have the black market, I guarantee they can get a gun. Also, which I am not going into detail about this unless requested, Chicago is a spitting image on why guns are good. Also the crime is less severe I'm the country of Israel and why? That is because they walk around the streets with guns, Everybody. Now compare their whole crime rate to Chicago. Country Versus city. Pretty staggering.
The_Scottish_Debater

Con

The_Scottish_Debater forfeited this round.
5taff

Pro

5taff forfeited this round.
The_Scottish_Debater

Con

5taff

Pro

5taff forfeited this round.
The_Scottish_Debater

Con

Posted by InnovativeEphemera 2 years ago
InnovativeEphemera
FatalArchon you did not just say that haha
Shots fired!
Let me know if you want to debate this topic
Posted by 5taff 2 years ago
5taff
Yes the title is flawed to a degree and thank you for pointing that out. I will work to the best of my ability to fix this problem in the future
Posted by SamStockell 2 years ago
SamStockell
I am in disbelief that this argument has a con
Posted by Burncastle 2 years ago
Burncastle
I agree with InnovativeEphemera, the title of the debates is flawed.
Posted by FatalArchon 2 years ago
FatalArchon
I would like to let it be known that I am against Con's first amendment right to free speech and religion.
Posted by FatalArchon 2 years ago
FatalArchon
This will be interesting.
InnovativeEphemera
I'd love to take this debate! However, there is a problem with the question. "We have the right to own a firearm" is a legal truth and doesn't have bearing on the gun rights debate. If you were to change the question to "we SHOULD have the right to own a firearm" or "it is better for society that citizens can own firearms" then I will gladly accept your challenge.
Posted by Malacoda 2 years ago
Malacoda
This would be a very hard one to win as Con.