Themeaman909
thevanthi.t

We humans are over dependent on our own electronic technology

Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: Select Winner
Started: 12/11/2015 Category: Technology

Themeaman909

Pro

First round is acceptance only, and good luck, because I have some whack in the face arguments prepared!
thevanthi.t

Con

I accept your challenge.
First of all let me give a basic introduction on what technology is. Technology is the application of practical knowledge in practical situations. Technology was developed to make life easier for. Unfortunately technology has actually us,changed our behaviour and attitude. Let me take an example to make my point more clearer.
With the use of technology we, human are becoming lazy. We lack general knowledge and the ability to think. In the past when ever we needed to define a word we look it up the dictionary but now a days due to the influence of technology people just simply google it up. I know this is much more easier and faster but we would lack the knowledge of actually knowing the definition.
In my next point I would like to say that technology has influenced the lives if many young children children who are just Four or five years old have become addicted to video games. This addiction causes them to lose their basic knowledge in studies and in future it very difficult to cope with them this would eventually lead in depression and mental trauma.
I f technology is used properly these problems will not rise at all.
Themeaman909

Pro

Technology makes our lives easier. Take for example, this website, without it, we would have to write letters to random people, and meet at parks and other public places (which you can't do with strangers on the internet). So, this site helps us in several ways, but it doesn't turn us into mindless sheep. It actually increases our knowledge, but it doesn't do any better than a meeting room. This only speeds up the process and makes it easier, like I mentioned before.

When there is good tech, there is bad tech. Some people become addicted, but this usually happens only because of a previous influence. It used to be that this influence was much less common. Back in the day (when people used "car phones") most parents where strict, but assertive, in influencing their child. Now this is less common. Children are allowed to play violent games and watch violent movies, and it has become much more easy with the increase of dependency on electronic technology. The violent games aren't even very creative, or good for ones thought process, and if children play more of them at a younger age, than the dependency will spiral out of control.

There is one last thing that really makes the modern generation over dependent. Social media. It has grown insanely fast. Facebook was only a mediocre company, when it sky rocked into a famous tool that people use so often. Other social medias, such as twitter, yelp, Instagram, and even youtube sometimes, can also cause over dependency. Game companies that don't adhere to the violent and dumbening genre are becoming less successful. Think about how many websites (even including this one!) have been encouraging social media. They want that one tweet, that one like, that one subscribe. Most people will say they aren't overdependent on their social media, but if they say this, they are only more addicted.

Now what if someone says, "how is this so called "dependency" going to do us any harm?" Than we need to think of what it does. It makes us attached to a tiny screen or computer all day. Imagine if someone from the 60's era came here today in a time machine, they would see everyone looking at these little tiny mobile TV things. They may ask "What are you doing, why don't you just talk to your friends instead of looking at this little movie thing?" Most people will take the latter unfortunately. this decreases our general sociability, and prevents us from becoming more knowledgeable, and no petition will help, they will only look back to their phones.
thevanthi.t

Con

thevanthi.t forfeited this round.
Themeaman909

Pro

A forfeit? What can I do now? I have nothing to say, so I will just tell the voters this: How come we always see people attached to their phones? The over dependency has literally become a cultural aspect (especially in America). Thus, it can be seen that we are destroying our social lives, and justifying it with the stupid addictions to media and the inseparability from our tech. I hope that my opponent doesn't keep forfeiting, because it would make the debate boring. Vote pro (so far).
thevanthi.t

Con

thevanthi.t forfeited this round.
Themeaman909

Pro

I didn't want this to come down like so. I guess I win because my opponent is not responding. I don't like debates that go this way, even if it is a free win. It takes away the aspect of it. Please get back on to your computer and post an argument if you can. Unless you forfeited .
thevanthi.t

Con

thevanthi.t forfeited this round.
Themeaman909

Pro

Vote for pro.
thevanthi.t

Con

thevanthi.t forfeited this round.
Posted by armandos209 1 year ago
armandos209
because work with our mechins