Tmurdock
sassypup419

We need to fund NASA's space exploration

Started: 11/24/2015 Category: Places-Travel

Tmurdock

Pro

Rules:
1. Provide resources
2. Stick to round layout
3. Have fun
4. Result of breaking any rule automatically results in forfeit of all points to me
5. If you accept this debate then you accept ALL terms and conditions stated

Rounds:
1: Acceptence, rules, round layout
2: Opening statements
3: Questions for opponent
4: Answers
5: Rebuttals and closing statements.

I accept and good luck! Let the debate begin!
sassypup419

Con

We do not need to fund NASA's space exploration. They have plenty of material as it is. The only way we need to fund them is by giving them astronauts. We barely even need to do that. The new tech of the generation can send monkeys into space. Robots even! The only thing that is needed to do for NASA is to let them do what they need to do. Thank you for your time.
Tmurdock

Pro

Intro: "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
Walt Disney
There are 3 things we need to recognize. We are running out of space, we are running out of resources, and NASA has found a New Earth
1: We are running out of space. Every second there are 4.3 births per second. Schools are gaining more students, the poverty rate goes up, unemployment rate goes up, etc . . . Eventually we are going to run out of room. Especially if we keep letting refugees and illegal immigrants in.
https://www.google.com...
2:We are running out of resources. We are missing valuable and non-replenishable resources. We have an experation date.
http://www.theguardian.com...
3: NASA has recently discovered a new planet. With a bit more exploration they learned that it is almost exactly like Earth was before pollution corrupted it. Take a look.
http://time.com...

Conclusion: Vote pro and fund NASA space exploration. Also my opponent broke a rule which forfeits all points to me!
sassypup419

Con

You can't just make me forfeit all points to you. My resources are my prior knowledge. I highly doubt NASA has discovered a planet just like Earth. There are no planets just like Earth even close to us. If NASA wants something, they can make it. They are probably the whole reason why an asteroid didn't hit us in September. What are you going to do if I don't forfeit?
Tmurdock

Pro

Tmurdock forfeited this round.
sassypup419

Con

sassypup419 forfeited this round.
Tmurdock

Pro

No questions to answer.
sassypup419

Con

sassypup419 forfeited this round.
Tmurdock

Pro

Tmurdock forfeited this round.
sassypup419

Con

sassypup419 forfeited this round.
Posted by snkcake666 1 year ago
snkcake666
I would like to point out to the contender a couple of facts which I can conclude are incorrect:

NASA funding has, in fact, received massive deductions since the twentieth century as funds have been shifted towards economy and military intervention. NASA's massive funding was the result of competition between the United States and the Soviet Union.
Secondly, there have been numerous planets with similar properties to those of earth; Kepler's duty is to seek planets of similar qualities, several of which (if you just Google them), you will find that they can quite well sustain life.

I do apologize- I do not mean to impede on a debate between the two of you, but I figured I ought to let you know before you evolved your entire arguments around them.