Tmurdock
ZakYoungTheLibertarian

We need to fund NASA's under water exploration

Tmurdock

Pro

Rules:
be respectful
use sources
stick to rounds
any rule break results in all points going to me

r1: acceptance
2: beginning
3: questions
4: answers
5: rebuttals and closing statements

I accept my own terms and conditions. Please accept!
ZakYoungTheLibertarian

Con

let's do it
Tmurdock

Pro

There is whole another life we don't know about yet. Only a little amount of the rivers, streams, lakes, and oceans are explored. Don't give up on mermaids just yet.
It is for this reason we need to fund NASA's underwater exploration.
1. New findings. Over 100 new marine animals have been discovered. There are many more explorations and many new findings taking place. Check this out,.
http://www.smithsonianmag.com...
watch a few of the videos too!
2. What they are searching. This helps explain the "how" of the searches.
http://www.noaa.gov...
3. Why we need to act fast!
http://www.mynews13.com...
Conclusion: The tides are coming upon us. We need to learn what is out there before it is too late. We don't even know everything yet. 91% of our Water has been explored. We need the help! Vote PRO!
ZakYoungTheLibertarian

Con

It comes down to a question of utility. It is important to consider both, as Bastiat said "Ce qu'on voit et ce qu'on ne voit pas" or "that which is seen and that which is unseen". My opponent has presented admirably that which is seen. Nasa explores beneath the water and we have the miracle of discovery. It's a wonderful thing. But we must also consider that which is not seen. Where does the money for NASA come from? It is taken from the people in the form of taxes. So what would that money be spent on, were it not spent on this underwater exploration mission? And what will people have to do without, because of this program?

The fact is, people are struggling already. Between high taxes, constant inflation and stagnant wages it is very tough to get ahead in the world. And you want the public to bear yet another burden? This would mean factories not built, vacations not taken, vehicles not repaired. The money does not appear magically but is instead taken, through force, from people who are struggling to make ends meet. You think the average person really values underwater sea exploration more than getting some winter tires or buying some higher quality food for their family? The benefits from this proposed mission are dubious at best. So we go down there, we see some giant squids, and then we leave. Let's focus on reality. Let's focus on cutting taxes, letting the economy grow, letting people keep their money and not wasting it on senseless exploration of the depth.
Tmurdock

Pro

why do you assume the public has to pay for NASA?
Do you have proof of this claim?
Will you please re-read the rules and what happens in each round?
Do you agree that we need to explore underwater?
Who is Basiat?
ZakYoungTheLibertarian

Con

Bastiat was a 19th century French author / economist. Perhaps his most influential work was the 'La Loi' (the law). "Behold the law perverted! Tuned away from it's true purpose. From a tool to protect property rights into an instrument of plunder!" Or words to that effect. He was part of a school of thought which is today known as 'Classical Liberalism'. Liberalism was itself a reaction the mercantilism and absolutism of the 15th and 16th century.

And I assume the public pays for NASA because I'm not a retard.
Tmurdock

Pro

the money for NASA comes from the Annual Federal Budget which was passed by congress
ZakYoungTheLibertarian

Con

and congress gets their money from the public through taxes
Tmurdock

Pro

why I have won.
1. I am the only person who used actual sources
2. I have successfully defended my side after tie and time again
3. my opponent disregarded what should happen per round and did their own thing
4. I have attacked my opponent which they disregarded
5. The points tip in my favor.
Thank you for voting and reading this nonsense debate. Have a great day!
ZakYoungTheLibertarian

Con

ZakYoungTheLibertarian forfeited this round.
Posted by Tmurdock 1 year ago
Tmurdock
i also have a debate that argues about space travel. If anyone has some tops for how I can improve please let me know. Also please go into detail when explaining so I have an idea of what you mean.
Posted by ZakYoungTheLibertarian 1 year ago
ZakYoungTheLibertarian
I too am in favour of outer space exploration and colonization. So long as humanity only resides on Earth all our eggs are in one basket. Perhaps the answer is terraforming venus or mars, perhaps it is hollowing out an asteroid and turning it into a generation ship in order to reach one of the other earth like planets. However I think that the process of funding these activities should be voluntary.
Posted by IKnowWhatToDoWithMyMoney 1 year ago
IKnowWhatToDoWithMyMoney
Holy crap you think Nasa's budget is conjured up in fairy dust? Of coarse it's paid by the public, I believe there is currently 5% spent of the budget on space exploration and what not for nasa. I personally think we should spent a tad bit more towards space exploration , not a huge amount I mean people need the money. But if the budget allows it. We can't live on this planet forever. Unless you cut the massive expanding population everything is just gonna get more expensive and crowded. We need to get off this planet eventually.
ZakYoungTheLibertarian
*blushes*
Posted by Bjarke_Havardr 1 year ago
Bjarke_Havardr
I agree with Tmurdock, but he argues his points very poorly while ZakYoungTheLibertarian argues his so well. As far as i'm concerned, Con is winning.
IKnowWhatToDoWithMyMoney
This is a waste of resources, find out what other fish are down there so more people can hunt them?

We need to get off this planet, we should be funding space exploration intaead of this.
IKnowWhatToDoWithMyMoney
And why exactly do we need to fund this?