xsn
RyozoTabikashi

We should ban homework

xsn

xsn

Pro

Homework is a task (often called an assignment) set by teachers for students to do outside normal lessons " usually at home in the evening. Schools have been setting homework in developed countries for over a century, but until the past few decades usually only older students had to do it. More recently younger students have also been given homework by their primary or elementary schools.
Why ban it ?
First and foremost, we all know the fact that it is done at home. That's why it's called homework. Now, that's exactly the reason . Homework takes up the time of the students which should have been allotted for their families . Students had already spent most of their hours in a day in school and it is very not necessary if they will still do school works in their homes because home time is family time .
RyozoTabikashi

Con

i will accept this debate with the understanding i will be arguing that homework should be given.

my opponent argues that homework should not be given because of the fact that after school hours, the time should be spent for family to converse and do other activities together. however, it is in my opinion that and belief that homework is not only a way for families to come together, but also for a one-on-one interaction between the parent and the child. the parents can help the child with said homework, thus spending time with the kid, and also the kid is learning at the same time.

next i think homework is beneficial because it helps students practice what they learned in school, thus helping them learn and understand the materials covered. it helps them make sure they can do it by themselves, but also gives them responsibility skills of actually doing it when told. if you are at a job after you graduate, and your boss says do something at home, and you have a family, it is the same principle of doing homework. the only difference is one is by a boss, the other by a teacher
xsn

Pro

My opponent here is telling that its a great help that students do some schoolwork at home for it helps the parents spend time with their kids, am I right ?
But my dear opponent let me tell you that homework is a class issue. In school everyone is equal, but at home some students have advantages because of their family backgrounds. Middle-class families with books and computers will be able to help their children much more than poorer ones can. This can mean poorer children end up with worse grades and more punishments for undone or badly done homework. David Baker, a researcher, believes too much homework causes parents and children to get angry with each other and argue, destroying the child"s confidence . On the other hand pushy parents may even end up doing their kids" homework for them " cheating and not helping the student to learn learn at all.

Let me proceed with my second argument as to why I am standing in affirmative side.
Homework is just an additional burden to students. These things are tiring,boring and stressful. Because of this homework, students are forced to obviously cut-off their times for recreational activities just to comply with what the teacher is asking for. Teachers usually underestimate the time to be consumed in doing these assignments and sometimes teachers in different subjects even give their students assignments at the same time without realizing what burden does it bring the students. Imagine doing assignments in different subjects in one night ? It's no doubt that students tend to hate education.
RyozoTabikashi

Con

RyozoTabikashi forfeited this round.
xsn

Pro

Since my opponent failed to rebut the previous argument I presented, let me just proceed with my next argument.
Homework is time consuming . It's not just simply time consuming. It takes up the time of the students which should have been allotted for recreational activities which will help develop his/her personality. Another thing, it becomes a reason on why students feel sleepy during class discussions . Why? Because it takes time and with the urge to finish this thing, students tend to sleep late at night. Consequently, the student comes to school late and worst, learns nothing at all because his attention is not focused on the lesson because he's feeling so sleepy
RyozoTabikashi

Con

RyozoTabikashi forfeited this round.
xsn

Pro

Well I have nothing to say . I'll just wait for my opponent to post his argument . :)
RyozoTabikashi

Con

RyozoTabikashi forfeited this round.
xsn

Pro

i guess we'll just wait for the votes :))
RyozoTabikashi

Con

RyozoTabikashi forfeited this round.
Posted by xsn 3 years ago
xsn
I have no problem with that . I understand :)
Posted by RyozoTabikashi 3 years ago
RyozoTabikashi
first i want to apologize to my opponent for my eairler forfeit. work has been busy this week. i work at amazon.com so its really busy. 60 hours. i will post my argument shortly. thanks for your consideration and your patience
Vote Placed by NiqashMotawadi3 3 years ago
NiqashMotawadi3
xsnRyozoTabikashiTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.
Vote Placed by Gohan12345 3 years ago
Gohan12345
xsnRyozoTabikashiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con ff but I understand his situation