IwinYoulose333
ldow2000

We should be accepting and supportive of all people even if doing so goes against personal beliefs.

IwinYoulose333

Con

Rules:
1st round- acceptance and opening statements
2nd round- arguments/rebuttals
3rd round- arguments/rebuttals
4th round- arguments/rebuttals
5th round- closing statements

I hope to keep this a friendly debate.
ldow2000

Pro

I accept this debate challenge.
IwinYoulose333

Con

IwinYoulose333 forfeited this round.
ldow2000

Pro

ldow2000 forfeited this round.
IwinYoulose333

Con

IwinYoulose333 forfeited this round.
ldow2000

Pro

ldow2000 forfeited this round.
IwinYoulose333

Con

IwinYoulose333 forfeited this round.
ldow2000

Pro

ldow2000 forfeited this round.
IwinYoulose333

Con

IwinYoulose333 forfeited this round.
ldow2000

Pro

ldow2000 forfeited this round.
Posted by Sfaulkner 2 years ago
Sfaulkner
I did not judge him. I said the people who do judge him have the right to judge him for judging others. I do not think anyone should judge anyone, but that right is preserved.
Posted by Preston 2 years ago
Preston
its hypocritical of you Sfaulkner to judge him for judging, that's like robbing a robber, or raping a rapist.
Posted by Sfaulkner 2 years ago
Sfaulkner
You have every right to speak out against homosexuality, but others have the right to speak out against you. You are entitled to your opinion, but others are entitled to theirs as well. If someone spoke out against African-Americans, they would, of course, get judgment and ridicule; you have to understand that that is how I see you. Your freedom of speech will always be protected, however so will the people's who look down on you.
Posted by IwinYoulose333 2 years ago
IwinYoulose333
Apparently I have a hard time making myself understood. In direct answer to your question; no. I simply want to be able to openly go into public and say that I disagree with (homosexuality), and not be scorned at or yelled at for not being accepting of others.
Posted by PinValentine 2 years ago
PinValentine
Am I to understand, just so I can understand, that people you disagree with for personal belief reasons should have different rights than you though they pay the same taxes as you?
Posted by IwinYoulose333 2 years ago
IwinYoulose333
Explanation of title: I do not believe anyone is a "subspecies," however I dislike the idea that everyone should accept everyone else as "normal" when doing so may go against personal beliefs. Example: I shouldn't have to recognize gay marriage, if I don't want to because I don't believe in it. This does not mean that I will discriminate against them, but I reserve the right to believe that homosexuality is not "normal," and refuse to be scorned at for that belief.
Posted by IwinYoulose333 2 years ago
IwinYoulose333
You can only explain so much of your debate in the title; the words are limited.
Posted by Sfaulkner 2 years ago
Sfaulkner
A core belief is no reason to treat someone as some kind of subspecies. The Dalai Lama, when talking about gay marriage, said to follow your beliefs and tradition, but a bully is never okay.