projet99
MysticEgg

We should be vegetarian

MysticEgg

projet99

Pro

I believe ANIMALS ARE NOT TO BE KILLED FOR HUMANS.
My first point is that we shouldn't eat animals because obviously they are slaughtered unfairly. Millions of INNOCENT animals get tortured and slaughtered every year just for humans. Some are even skinned alive. Would you eat a dog or cat?? Well whats the difference? And if you think they are killed humanely.. Think again.
MysticEgg

Con

I accept and I am glad for this opportunity to debate with my opponent. I am not sure if the first round was for acceptance or not, but I will assume that it is, and will thus leave it to my opponent to present his case as various contentions. I await a "formal" (so to speak) round of arguments, eagerly!
projet99

Pro

projet99 forfeited this round.
MysticEgg

Con

Well, it seems that I should wait another round. Oh well...
Sorry everyone, I'll keep waiting for my opponent to post a "formal" case.
projet99

Pro

projet99 forfeited this round.
MysticEgg

Con

Oh well, it seems this debate was rather pointless. However, if anyone would like to debate me on this; I implore you to do so!

A thank you to the audience and the voters! No more time wasting!

Goodbye, see you all around!

J
Posted by neptune1bond 3 years ago
neptune1bond
What a disappointment. I was actually interested in seeing this debate happen, although I would not personally have faith in the results of the voting to be fair and reasonable even if it had not been forfeited.
Posted by neptune1bond 3 years ago
neptune1bond
Yes, good job midgemodge! We are talking about meat and that is a link to a steakhouse. The two things do relate indeed!
Posted by neptune1bond 3 years ago
neptune1bond
I am actively vegan and have been for quite a while now. I know for a fact that all my dietary needs are met and it is not hard to do with just a little bit of knowledge. The idea that it is impossible or even difficult to get protein on a vegan diet is a ridiculous myth and I balance out my proteins with very little effort. For instance, hemp seeds contain all essential and non-essentail amino acids in one plant based source. Also most fruits and vegetables do actually contain essential amino acids just not always all of them in one fruit or vegetable. So if someone is not the idiot that thinks that all you need is to eat one type of fruit or vegetable to survive, they're probably fine. Variety is the key.

There are many other cultures where vegetarianism and veganism are not strange in the least and many people all around the world live these types of lifestyles with much better health than the majority of Americans, especially given the American propensity towards obesity and disease through an unhealthy diet. The stories that you sometimes hear of a person whose friend's brother's wife's aunt's cousin's child suffered some horrible disease because of veganism or vegetarianism is either a lie or because of almost blatantly obvious stupidity (you can't live off of just carrot sticks and celery sticks, people! Duh!).

Besides, if I began listing the number of meat eating people that have diabetes, obesity, almost fatally high cholesterol, heart disease, certain cancers, bone disease etc. etc. etc. that has been scientifically proven to be related to their dietary choices, I could probably fill a library with just the names. Point being, there is absolutely no necessity for meat, whatsoever. Besides, many animals have been shown to have the intelligence of certain small children, should we justify killing children because of lesser intelligence? What about certain handicapped people? They don't grow in intelligence or get any better. Should they be killed too?
Posted by autodidact 3 years ago
autodidact
Watching the vid in R1, i must ask what is in humane bout it?
Posted by TheEnergyHippo 3 years ago
TheEnergyHippo
Whatever dude who cares. Just murder the animals and eat them. Plants suffer too.
Posted by dannyc 3 years ago
dannyc
Those are both bad arguments.

.Meat is important in people's lives. Therefore eating meat it okay? No that doesn't follow.

.If animals can kill humans they would, therefore killing animals is okay? That makes no sense, a human can kill another human, does that mean killing and eating humans is ok? In fact humans kill more humans than animals.

.Preference means nothing in a debate like this.
Posted by TheEnergyHippo 3 years ago
TheEnergyHippo
Meat is an important thing in most's people lifes. If those animals had the ability to kill humans they were gonna do it. Also humans prefer meat than plants.
Vote Placed by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
projet99MysticEggTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF but con had won the debate after round 1 even before that