KJVPrewrather
MindMaster

We should change the voting age to 15.

MindMaster has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

KJVPrewrather

Pro

Here is why I say that: I chose my religion when I was 15, so why was I banned from voting? Con will go first.
MindMaster

Con

Heck no.
The 1961 Bobo Doll experiment, conducted by Stanford professor Albert Bandura, demonstrated that children will interact with others in the precise manner that was modeled for them by adults. Given this responsibility, many parents try to instruct their children and impart their views, perhaps hoping their kids become carbon copies of themselves, or become the people they wish they were themselves.

Parents can get the advantage of their children's voting right and manipulate them to their political view. Then they will vote without having any experience in politics. When your 18, your brain is more developed and choice become more independent.

Also, it will cost a lot more if we lowered the voting age to 15, bringing taxes up. The 2016 Election cost 6.8 BILLION dollars, imagine how much more it would cost if there were a whole bunch more people. Plus, most teenagers probably wouldn't care or they don't know who to decide so they don't vote. In 2010, only 21% of 18-24-year-olds voted.
KJVPrewrather

Pro

I was ready to vote when I was 15, and should have had the right to do so. If I can choose my God, I can choose my President. Many 18 years are immature, while many 15 year old are mature enough to vote. I think you are sharing your subective opinion, not fact.
Posted by kyrmanly 1 week ago
kyrmanly
Lmao this the instigator is using a anecdotal
Posted by MindMaster 2 weeks ago
MindMaster
Sorry, I was gone for a little bit, could we start this debate again?
Posted by John_C_1812 2 weeks ago
John_C_1812
The General understanding why is for the same reason woman where not originally legally allowed to vote. A Vote did and still can incriminate a person when the vote is conducted on a criminal act. Making the person who vote a part of the crime taking place. Democratic voting is not an immunity to crime.

The issue Is that people become less willing to uphold law impartially when larger number so of people can be placed in compromising position of being part of a crime.
Posted by Debating_Horse 2 weeks ago
Debating_Horse
If 18 year olds can do pornography, vote, serve in the military, then let us leave the age for where it is. Not even 15 is good. You may think that at 15, you had the right idea, but you were still a child, not a young, intelligent, responsible adult. The brain is still not yet fully developed at age 15, also from the accounts of my cousin, most 15 year olds are brats, mean, snotty, and liberal. Don't change the age, just leave it alone, like a bee, leave it alone.
Posted by buildingapologetics 2 weeks ago
buildingapologetics
As someone who is 18, I have to say 18 is too young; raise it to at least 21. Most 18 year olds know nothing, and I don't want a bunch of wasted votes on them. Having 15 year olds voting would be even worse. Just no.
Posted by SirNoodles518 2 weeks ago
SirNoodles518
The amount of 15 year olds I know who know nothing about politics and would go around voting for Boris Johnson just for a laugh is scary. I don't think the voting age should be 15.
Posted by Vaarka 2 weeks ago
Vaarka
I actually think the voting age should go back to it's age: 21.

It was originally changed to 18 b/c the drafting age was 18, and young adults were upset that they could be sent to war by leaders that they had no voice in electing. My solution to this was to also change the drafting age to 21.

15 is way too young.