We should continue to fund NASA

I believe that we should continue to fund NASA. If we do we can actually learn more about space. Also many essential inventions have been invented by NASA

NASA spends exorbitant amounts of money on research and development and the benefits justifying this level of funding are simply absent. I would enjoy hearing the "essential inventions" you claim NASA has created, and would be curious if you could estimate what it would have cost to develop these things in the private sector.

boom forfeited this round.

Well, I WAS going to quote NASA's own figures, however, because of the government shutdown the NASA website is offline. If the shutdown is still in effect when you read this you can see for yourself[1].

Since my opponent has decided to use none of the paltry 500 characters per round he was allotted to actually defend his position, I retire.

Posted by Cecilia 1 year ago
Pro, I'm disappointed in you. If you start a debate, you should be ready to stand by it with more arguments. You should also know that the opponent is going to fight you back. That's the point of debate. Just because the opponent tried to prove you wrong doesn't mean you need to give up immediately.
Posted by Weiler 3 years ago
To anybody trying to go to the link in my argument I apologize. The NASA website is not .com. Though it may still be shut down.
Vote Placed by airmax1227 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: The BOP in this debate is on Pro, who failed to meet this, especially with his FF in R2. Con makes a valid point regarding the cost of NASA versus the potential benefits of related advancements being done through the private sector. Should Pro have asserted anything in response to this that NASA is for any reason better/more efficient than the private sector and provided some data for this, he may have had a chance to defend the resolution. With no response in R2 though, Cons sole argument stands and the resolution is never defended. So Argument points go to Con. Conduct point to Con for Pro's FF.