We should ease up on Gun control laws and hunting regulations.

I believe gun laws and hunting regulations should be eased up on. My opponent may make the first arguement. Good luck!

As it says in our United States Constitution, in the Bill of Rights, in the Second Amendment, "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." Yes, that's right, our Constitution clearly states that it is "the right of the people to keep and bear arms," and it "shall not be infringed."

Now, I know, you are probably going to come back at me with the argument of the first two clauses stating that only if it is "necessary to the security of a free state," should we be able to "keep and bear arms." However, in this fragile world we live in today, one must be protective of themselves and the ones they love. I shall go ahead and quote one of our forefathers of America, Thomas Jefferson, the author of our own Declaration of Independence said when writing to his teenage nephew, "As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives [only] moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion to your walks." I shall continue further with a quote from another of our forefathers, George Washington, officer in the French and Indian War, general in our own American Revolution and the First President of this United States of America. As he stated, "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." Here's a quote from the ever peaceful Mahatma Ghandi as he said, "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest."

When our forefathers were writing these historical documents, they kept in mind that the future governments would clearly make vital mistakes. There is proof, for George Washington once stated, "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." When these times would and are to come about, it is our job as American citizens to not become extremists, but to have power and leverage against a strong government; if this authority was not present, our federal government would be able to stomp all over us. Abraham Lincoln put it best when he said, "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it." If there was ever to be a dictatorship put into the United States of America (which hopefully will never come about), people could take up arms against this Un-Constitutional installation easily and efficiently. Our Minutemen who first showed their bravery on the battlefield of Lexington in 1775 were ordinary farmers who bore arms. Our victory in the American Revolution was partially due to the fact that we had guns present at the time and we were sick and tired of Great Britain's ways. Therefore, we started an uprising and, deny it all you want, it is fact that those brave gun-bearers are the reason we have our freedoms today.

I am ever thankful for you posting this debate on this wonderful website I am new to. This is actually my first debate! I am eager to hearing beach from you within the next three days. What a controversial and great topic to start it all off! I hope we can stay civilized in debate and I hope to hear from you soon. Here are the sources from which I obtained information in these passages.

"Quotes on Firearms Rights." Index of Quotes on Firearms Rights. Web. 10 Mar. 2011. <;.

"Battles of Lexington and Concord." Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. 5 Mar. 2011. Web. 10 Mar. 2011.

You no what? I meant to make myself Pro instead of Con. My mistake! I agree wholeheartedly with you. Sorry.

Well, actually I misunderstood and it is my fault. I only read your opening statement and thought you were for gun control. I, however, am not and am glad to see that you are as well. Then, I saw afterwords, that I had taken on the side of "pro" on gun control. I'm sorry for this error and I hope that we can sometime soon debate again.

Sure. My bad.

Ok, cool. I'm glad we can both agree on this American principle and right given to us by our American forefathers.
Posted by NemoGPS 5 years ago
Aw, I just posted that whole thing for the wrong side. Woe is me!
Posted by IamZero 5 years ago
Argh, thank you wjmelements! I feel stupid!
Posted by wjmelements 5 years ago
IamZero, click "Edit Challenge" and set your position to PRO. You are for the resolution, that "We should ease up on Gun control laws and hunting regulations."
Posted by Sniperjake1994 5 years ago
wouldn't that would be a pro postion o.O?
Posted by THE_OPINIONATOR 5 years ago
ehh an argument for PRO would be too complicated for my skill level
Posted by Koopin 5 years ago
I don't get why that is so hard for people to get.
Posted by Ore_Ele 5 years ago
You are actually arguing PRO for the resolution.
Posted by IamZero 5 years ago
This will be interesting....
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con conceded, intended to be Pro.