Moneyboss
brianjustin3709

We should elect student leaders.

Moneyboss

Pro

I believe in electing student leaders as it prepares students to vote when they mature and for students to market themselves to the student body to get more votes.

Student leaders are a bridge connecting the student body to the teachers, as they can have regular meetings with teachers and suggest requests made by students. If they are elected by teachers, the purpose of electing student leaders are defeated. I think that having a teacher intervene in the electoral process undermines the independence of student leaders to act as a representative bridge that connects student body and teacher of a school.
brianjustin3709

Con

Accepted.

Even though if Pro didn't say this, if you break these rules below it is a automatic 7-point loss and 7 points goes to your opponent.

1. No forfeiting
2. 2 round is only for arguments
3. 3 round is for rebuttal and conclusion.
4. No flaking
5. No trolling
6. Stay in topic.
7. 1 round is for rules, acceptance, and definitions

Definitions

Elect: chosen

Student: a person who attends a school, college, or university, a person who studies something

Leader: The person who leads or commands a group, organization, or country

Now lets begin the debate. :)

http://www.merriam-webster.com...
Moneyboss

Pro

brianjustin3709

Con

Contentions

1. It is unfair for any kind of students/ students will be mad. It is unfair for students who do not get the votes to be a leader. Also they will become enemies with the other students who voted them or won't like the teachers than voted. Also it is unfair for students who are new, because they don't know if it is for popularity or being smart. First because they aren't popular because they weren't in the school for a long time so they won't be popular. Also people don't know if they are smart because you just went.

2. They won't work for school. If you not ban student leaders they will just work hard to become a student leader so they will work hard at it at school. They will have less time to work for school and they can't participate. Even if they be elected, it is hard to do schoolwork

In the end I think that we should not elect student leaders

Now I would like Pro come up to the podium.
Moneyboss

Pro

I will rebut to Opposition's points, then I will move on to my clashes. Opposition refused to rebut to any of my points so I think I should take all of them

I think in any leadership position that accords responsibility to anyone, there will be bound to be backlash when aims are not achieved. This is all part of school life and is a learning process to understand that failure is all a part and parcel of life. If the student is so demoralized he cannot recover, teachers will council them, as what Primary and Secondary teachers are trained to do.

Opposition also mentioned students may vote based on popularity, and I agree some students do, but that is also a natural part of every election process, even some adults do so as well. However, I still think that the majority of students will pay mindful attention on who they vote for as they have an interest to see improvements in their school. No one policy works for everyone, but mine have the majority of students on my side.

Now I will talk about the clashes.
Clash) Which side better ensures better development for the students?

Under Opposition's model, students running to be leaders would be overly-competitive, not hardworking at school and demoralized if they do not get elected as student leaders.

I think that in any case, students will always face some form of negative social impact in school, and this is all part of growing up. If the negatives become too extreme, teachers will be there to help too. I think that this would then dissolve all the kinds of harms that the other side can come up with.
brianjustin3709

Con

Moneyboss, You are right now not following the rules, and telling to me to make a rebuttal. However,

2. 2 round is only for arguments

You were trying to say make a rebuttal, when the rules say that round to is only for arguments, and also round 3 is for rebuttal and conclusion, so you were flaking by making your clashes, when we didn't need one, and telling us that I did not say a rebuttal when the rules say we should not. This means that all 7-points come to me.

Now I will say my arguments the last time.

Arguments

Now I will say my rebuttal.

Rebuttal

(I will just say that Pro did not write how many arguments he has, so I will say it with no number)

1. Why do they need to get ready all for that. You can get to the market in many different ways by studying the economy, shopping. Also if teachers vote, then it is unfair for other students.

2. Also when Pro said that they can have meetings, then they can share all the plans, secrets and things that teachers do which is no fun. They can look at the answer keys, and private stuff. Of course, they have to get connected, but also you can get connected by doing our usual students jobs. Also if you do this when they are young, they can't understand and in the end be bored. Also Pro did not say what age they should do it at.

in conclusion I think that we should not elect student leaders.

Thank you, Moneyboss for having a good debate.

PLEASE VOTE FOR CON!!!
Posted by brianjustin3709 1 year ago
brianjustin3709
No copy-pasting unless you really need to and say why
Posted by Moneyboss 1 year ago
Moneyboss
Responding to Greg4586 : They would only act as a bridge between the student body and teachers, that' their power. I would explain further in my rebuttals and arguments later. Would you challenge me?
Posted by Greg4586 1 year ago
Greg4586
Well it depends, how much power would they have? Would the most mature and responsible really be elected? etc.