brontoraptor
ConserativeDemocrat

We should eliminate atheism from society like Islamic countries.

brontoraptor

Pro

We should eliminate Atheism from America like Islamic nations do.
ConserativeDemocrat

Con

Alright, I accept. Prove why we should "get rid of atheism".
brontoraptor

Pro

Ban Atheism:

As recently as 1990, the U.S. was 86% Christian. Today it is teetering on going into the 60's percentagewise because of the New Atheist Movement and militant atheism in the 2000's.

In 1990, we barely knew what terrorism was. Now? It's a new terror attack every week in the West. Why? Militant Atheists were so hellbent on opposing Christianity that they became tollerant of anything non-Christian, meaning? Islam.

Daily headlines prove that Europe is bursting at the seams with Islamists attempting to establish Sharia law and homegrown terror plots. France is swarming with radicals, ISIS threatens they will send Spain back to the times of the Ottoman Empire, and Britain is much too concerned with appeasing Muslims that they are doing away with their own citizens" free speech.

And...they wanted Christians to step out of their way and shut up while they pandered to Islam in the name of multiculturism and diversity. Well, it happened, and it caused Europe to freefall into mass chaos via an "immigration crisis". Forget common sense or Islamic theology, as long as Christianity is the one snubbed.

*

So...As Christianity is in decline in the West, suicide is through the roof. Multitudes of people have and are killing themselves because they see no point, purpose, meaning, or hope via Atheism being indoctrinated into their minds, polluting their psychological health and well being.

Notice, Christianity went into a serious decline as militant atheism took root in the early 2000's.

Deaths from suicide have increased 24 percent from 1999 to 2014, according to an analysis of Americans aged 5 and up conducted by researchers at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

But why? In psychology we have a "hierarchy of needs". There are certain conditions that must be met for good mental health, things like purpose, meaning, etc. Atheism provides little, if anything, in this regard.

*

Even Richard Dawkins, the king of Militant Atheism, who told Atheists to attack Christians' beliefs at every chance, can now see his irreligion's fatal flaw. Now Atheists, homosexuals, and Christians are being slaughtered like animals in the West by Islamic jihadists. As Christianity is about to disappear completely from the Middle East via genocide and the burning down of churches, Islam was welcomed with open arms from the more and more Atheistic West, and it's completely mindless.

Richard Dawkins begrudgingly admitted that Christianity is actually our best defense against aberrant forms of religion that threaten the world.

In a rare moment of candor, Dawkins reluctantly accepted that the teachings of Jesus Christ do not lead to a world of terror, whereas followers of radical Islam perpetrate the very atrocities that he laments.

Because of this realization, Dawkins wondered aloud whether Christianity might indeed offer an antidote to protect western civilization against jihad.

"I have mixed feelings about the decline of Christianity, in so far as Christianity might be a bulwark against something worse," he said.

But now it's too late. Christianity is going to vanish. And a Christian free West who is not allowed to even exist in the Middle East is becoming overrun with Muslims. Survival of the fittest? Guess who will be left standing.

Destroy Christianity= No Christians

Atheism= try to intermix with Islam.

Islam=don't let nonMuslims exist in our region and go on the offensive against nonMuslims in their region. And...outbreed the less than 2 children households of the West.

DC + A + I = Islam will own the Middle East and the West.

Thus, if Christianity is to survive, it must become militant against Atheism and rid itself of one plague to be allowed to resist the other plague.

http://www.gospelherald.com...

https://www.washingtonpost.com...

http://www.cnn.com...

http://www.cbsnews.com...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

http://www.breitbart.com...
ConserativeDemocrat

Con

Thank you for a speedy response. In this debate, I will disprove Pro's contentions and throw in a few of my own. Now onto my rebuttals.

"In 1990, we barely knew what terrorism was. Now? It's a new terror attack every week in the West. Why? Militant Atheists were so hellbent on opposing Christianity that they became tollerant of anything non-Christian, meaning? Islam."
- No. This is false. Atheists don't believe in a God, so they are equally intolerant of Islamic propaganda. The reason why they don't attack Islam as much is because only 1% of Americans are Muslim [1]. Citation needed.

"And...they wanted Christians to step out of their way and shut up while they pandered to Islam in the name of multiculturism and diversity. Well, it happened, and it caused Europe to freefall into mass chaos via an "immigration crisis". Forget common sense or Islamic theology, as long as Christianity is the one snubbed."
- How is this the fault of atheists? They don't believe in Islam either. And how is this a reason to ban atheism? You just sound sad that different belief systems are more popular then their own. Also, it is SJWs fault Islam is pandered too. Atheists disagree with Islam. That's why they are called atheists.

"Notice, Christianity went into a serious decline as militant atheism took root in the early 2000's."
- This is because people are realizing, "Wait, a 700 year old man couldn't of gathered up millions of animals and put them on an ark." Now that we have modern science, we don't need religion to explain things. We can explain things using science.

"Deaths from suicide have increased 24 percent from 1999 to 2014, according to an analysis of Americans aged 5 and up conducted by researchers at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."
- Colleration, not causation.

"Even Richard Dawkins, the king of Militant Atheism, who told Atheists to attack Christians' beliefs at every chance, can now see his irreligion's fatal flaw. Now Atheists, homosexuals, and Christians are being slaughtered like animals in the West by Islamic jihadists. As Christianity is about to disappear completely from the Middle East via genocide and the burning down of churches, Islam was welcomed with open arms from the more and more Atheistic West, and it's completely mindless."
- The beliefs of one atheist are not representative of all atheists.

"Thus, if Christianity is to survive, it must become militant against Atheism and rid itself of one plague to be allowed to resist the other plague."
- So your only point is that you don't want Islam to be accepted. That is bigotry. You are mad that atheism caused your religion to be less popular, and because of that, you want to ban it. That is intolerance, and thought-control. We should be able to live in a world where ideas should be free, not censored. If people want to be logical, and be atheists, or believe in a different religion, why should you have a say? The US has the first amendment, which gives the right to worship as you like. Your idea is opposite of that. You want to snuff out all opposing beliefs, to strengthen your own. That is wrong. Your idea has been tried, and it failed. Notice how many times religion is jammed down your throat? Yet atheism still exists. This is proof you can't control an idea. Logic will always beat fairy tales. Look at the young population. So many are atheist, despite their parents jamming religion down their throat. You can't eliminate atheism.

Why can't we live in a society where are beliefs are treated equally? I can be atheist, you can be Christian.

You are basically saying, we need to ban atheism because it is contrary to my beliefs. You know how you sound? Like an Islamic country. You would force your belief down everyones' throat, and attempt to ban all opposing views. That is just like Islamic countries, where Christians and atheists have no rights. "Islam was welcomed with open arms from the more and more Atheistic West, and it's completely mindless." This is just wrong. Atheists don't want Islam or Christianity. The reason why they will slam Christianity is because it is the dominant religion in America. The West isn't opening their arms to Islam. This is shown in the religions of America. 1% are Muslim. That is far from an invasion. Europe is only 6% Muslim. Your claims are not only false, but your solutions to these ideas are horrible.

Pro also needs to prove why the spread of Islam and atheism are bad. He also needs to explain why his belief system should be shoved down others throats. He also needs to prove why his belief system is correct and why the others are bad.

I really need to stress this point. Pro obviously believes Christianity is true. He also doesn't believe other systems of belief are true. This is all fine, as it doesn't effect anyone. But he goes beyond that, and says we need to ban atheism and all other belief systems, just to secure his own faith. That crosses the line. Not only is he ignoring the beliefs of others, he is ignoring their constitutional right to a freedom of religion. That is morally, ethically, and constitutionally wrong.

To conclude, I have rebutted Pro's argument argument that atheists are to blame for the rise of Islam, and I showed that the rise of Islam isn't a bad thing. I have shown that Pro's idea is mind control, and he wants to jam his belief down everyones throat, regardless of their own belief. Finally, I have a question for you. Imagine you were an atheist, and this proposal was put into effect. How would you feel? You would have Christianity shoved down your throat because it is somehow your fault Islam is growing more popular. Your own beliefs would be ignored as opposing dogmas would be shoved down your throat. Your kids would be indoctrinated without your permission. How would you feel? How, Pro, would you feel?

http://www.pewresearch.org...
http://www.pewresearch.org...
brontoraptor

Pro

Con:

"No. This is false. Atheists don't believe in a God, so they are equally intolerant of Islamic propaganda."

Well let's take a peek.

Poland is 88% Christian.

Sweden?

In a Eurobarometer Poll in 2010, just 18% of Swedish citizens responded that "they believe there is a god".

Results?

Sweden allowed a wave of Muslim immigrants into its midst, and now is the "Rape Capital of the World". It is documented that 77% of the rapes are by Muslim men.

How about heavily Christian Poland?

The crime rate in Poland is one of the best on Earth.

Poland closed the door on Muslim immigration.

*

Con:

"Your own beliefs would be ignored..."

Atheism is not a belief. This is the DDO Atheist anthem.

*

Con:

"Your kids would be indoctrinated without your permission. How would you feel? How, Pro, would you feel?"

At work, an Atheist once told me his kids went to church. When I asked why, he said,"Because I wish I believed. It'd just be easier. I don't want them to think like I do every day."

So, your children would be indoctrinated with hope, unconditional love, and an ideological construct that meets the hierarchy of psychological needs for good mental health: meaning, purpose, etc.

*

Con:

"I have shown that Pro's idea is mind control, and he wants to jam his belief down everyones throat, regardless of their own belief."

It would be an end that justifies the means. Suicides go down, happiness increases, unity increases, and Islamic threats disappear.

*

Con:

"I showed that the rise of Islam isn't a bad thing."

This proves my point. The rise of Christianity IS a bad thing, but the rise of Islam is a GOOD thing. This is the logic of the modern Atheist.

The influx of Islam in Europe has created terrorism, chaos, and rape beyond belief that used to be nonexistant.

In 2015 there were 452 suicide bombings. Guess how many were Christians. It's a round number. Literally.

*

It's just a fringe group of Muslims that are violent. This isn't Islam. "ISIS is an anamoly." And this is why Atheism must be subdued. It's going to get us all killed. It already has in some European countries. Atheists claim reason yet apply none when it comes to the teachings of Jesus vs the teachings of Muhammed. Since they refuse to educate themselves, maybe I need to help them out.

Here's a link comparing Jesus vs Muhammed. The jist of it? Jesus preached love. Muhammed preached death.

-"During the 2016 New Year's Eve celebrations, hundreds of sexual assaults (including groping), at least five rapes, and numerous thefts were reported in all over Germany in one night."

"All of the incidents involved women being surrounded and assaulted by groups of men on the street. There are more than 1,900 victims – 1,200 of whom were sexually assaulted – and police stated that at least 2,000 men were involved, acting in groups.Police reported that the perpetrators were men of "Arab or North African appearance" and said that Germany had never experienced such mass sexual assaults before."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...'s_Eve_sexual_assaults_in_Germany

*

Tell me Con if you are afraid of a mass sexual assault by 2,000 Christians on women. No? I didn't think so.

*

Con:

"animals and put them on an ark."

Good god man...

The story is an allegory for the end of the world.

(Matthew 24:37)(Jesus)

"As it was with Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man."

*

Con:

"you don't want Islam to be accepted. That is bigotry."

Bigotry is intollerance of anothers' beliefs. Technically opposing Naziism and Communism is bigotry. Attaching god to an ideology that resembles Naziism doesn't give it a pass.

Quote-

"Although the word Jihad standing by itself means “struggle,” what Westerners need to focus on when reading the Hadith regarding Mohammed’s Jihad is similar to the focus needed when reading Mein Kampf (My Struggle) by Adolph Hitler."

Walid Shoebat, ex Muslim

*

Con:

"we don't need religion to explain things."

Reality says otherwise.

(Link to my debate on God)

ConserativeDemocrat

Con

...

Your first point doesn't disprove my point. I said, "Atheists don't believe in a God, so they are equally intolerant of Islamic propaganda. Sweden is filled with SJWs, it isn't atheists' fault. You can't just say, "Sweden has few religious people; Sweden let in Muslims, therefore atheists favor Muslims." You need more proof. You need a study to prove atheists somehow favor Muslim nonsense over Christian nonsense. I have an answer for you though. Christians were always the ones oppressing atheists, so it is normal for atheists to focus on Christians, because Muslims are not jamming their religion down atheists' throat. If the circumstances were switched, with Christians being immigrants, I guarantee atheists would make a fuss about the Christians, because the Christians didn't do anything to them. You seem to have a poor understanding of how atheists think. We have a lack of a belief in a god. We don't favor one imaginary being over another imaginary being. It is like asking people, "Why do you favor dragons over hydras?" The answer is, "We don't." We don't believe in them.

"Atheism is not a belief. This is the DDO Atheist anthem."
- You don't believe in a God. That is atheism. This rebuttal doesn't prove anything anyway.

"At work, an Atheist once told me his kids went to church. When I asked why, he said,"Because I wish I believed. It'd just be easier. I don't want them to think like I do every day."
So, your children would be indoctrinated with hope, unconditional love, and an ideological construct that meets the hierarchy of psychological needs for good mental health: meaning, purpose, etc."
- I don't believe you. You are only saying that because you would be a hypocrite of you didn't. Also, God isn't loving. He killed 25,000,000 people, and he kills innocent babies and kids too. Doesn't seem loving to me.

It would be an end that justifies the means. Suicides go down, happiness increases, unity increases, and Islamic threats disappear."
-Explain how banning atheism will get rid of Islam and Islamic threats. Not all Muslims are bad; you can't blame them for the actions of others. Plus, the nutjobs in ISIL won't stop terrorist attacks just because we ban Atheism. Prove that terrorists attacks will stop if we ban atheism.

You also ignored my point. I am saying that you can't take critism of your ideology, probably because it isn't standing up to critism. You only want your belief allowed, because you don't want other ideologies opposing you. This is like a liberal proposing to ban conservatism. They can hide their true motive, and hide it behind a facade. They can just say, "I want to ban conservatism because they oppose abortion." But their true motive is because their ideas can't stand up to scrutiny, conservatism would be getting more popular, and the like. That is what you are doing. You say it is because you want to stop Islamic terrorism, but your true motive is to knock out different belief systems, one supported by science, and others with conflicting dogmas. That is thought control, and that is wrong. It doesn't matter is atheists have a higher suicide rate, as that doesn't effect you. It is atheists' choice to commit suicide, not yours. Leave others beliefs alone.

"Jesus preached love"
- Matthew 10:34: Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

"Tell me Con if you are afraid of a mass sexual assault by 2,000 Christians on women. No? I didn't think so."
- I am afraid of Christians like you forcing me to be Christian. If all the governments had and used that power, that scares be more then anything ISIL has done. Also, PP bombing.

"The story is an allegory for the end of the world."
- Proof? The bible says nothing of the sort. Either way, God killed babies. Enough said.

Bigotry is intollerance of anothers' beliefs. Technically opposing Naziism and Communism is bigotry. Attaching god to an ideology that resembles Naziism doesn't give it a pass."
- How is Islam like Nazism? If Islam is like it, then Christianity is like Nazism too. Plus, it is still bigotry to try and ban atheism and all other beliefs. That is absurd.

Your statement that, "It is atheists fault Islam is more popular" is absurd. You have no proof to back this point up. Your only point is that countries with many atheists in them let in immigrants. But you can't prove that it is atheists fault Islam is more popular. This is colleration, not causation. Unless you can prove this, you lose this part of the debate.

To close out this round, I will repeat this argument again. Pro wants to unconstitutionally ban all opposing religions. He doesn't care about the beliefs of others; he only wants his belief to be taught. He goes beyond wanting his belief to have special privileges, he wants all other opposing beliefs banned to make him feel better. He wants his belief endorced by the governments. He wants taxpayers to fund religion. In America, we have the first amendment, which gives the freedom of religion. Pro's idea is in direct violation of this amendment. It also is in violation of common sense. You can't stop an idea like atheism. It hasn't worked before, and it will never work in the future. You can't force people to believe in fairy tales in the bible. Reason will always beat nonsense any day of the week. We all have the right to believe in whatever we want, because believing doesn't hurt anyone. It is only actions. And funny enough, atheists are some of the least likely to commit crimes. They commit crimes disproportionally low compared to the atheist population [1]. Of the 190,000 plus in federal prisons, only 197 at atheists, which is one tenth of a percent, while atheists make up 3.1% of the population of the U.S. I will close this with another question: Why do I have to believe in your god?

[1] http://www.patheos.com...
brontoraptor

Pro

Con:
"Christians were always the ones oppressing atheists."

This is Con being a drama queen. No one is oppressing Con.

*

Con:
"Muslims are not jamming their religion down atheists' throat."

They are in Europe. Sharia patrols have become a nuissance. Sharia patrols being groups of Muslims acting as morality police, forbidding shorts, alcohol, pork, tattoos, etc in "Sharia zones".

https://www.rt.com...

http://youtu.be...

*

Con:
"Matthew 10:34: Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

And of course this is being used as a deceptive false dichotomy because the sword is the "truth". The "divider" is the truth.
(Ephesians 6:17)

*

Con:
"Either way, God killed babies. Enough said."

Another false dichotomy. Con has used Judaism per the OT, knowing full well that Jesus stood against it.

John 8:5
"In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?"

John 8:7
"When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her."

*

Con:
"You can't force people to believe in fairy tales in the bible."

This fairytale?

(Link)

http://www.debate.org...

*

Con:
"You can't just say, "Sweden has few religious people; Sweden let in Muslims, therefore atheists favor Muslims."

Oh? Why not? The culture has been militant to Christianity.

"But you can't prove that it is atheists fault Islam is more popular."

Atheists have been militant to Christianity and nonmilitant to Islam.

http://www1.cbn.com...

http://www.christianheadlines.com...

*

Con:
"To close out this round, I will repeat this argument again. Pro wants to unconstitutionally ban all opposing religions."

Nope. Just Atheism and Islam per their militantism and threat to the national security of America and the West. We would love to coexist with Atheism and Islam, but neither wants to coexist with us, thus we have the right to defend ourselves against them.

*

Con:
"Reason will always beat nonsense any day of the week."

Really? Based on this assessment, Con is saying:

reason = atheism

and

nonsense = religion

If it beats religion any day of the week, why are 90+% of people on Earth of some religion? Con seeds this point.

*

Con:
"Pro's idea is in direct violation of this amendment."

Not if the ideology is a threat to the national security of the United States. Jimmy Carter ordered the hault of Muslims in the 1970's for this reason.

http://www.frontpagemag.com...

Con:
"It also is in violation of common sense."

Nope. Being militant to a group who you coexist with fine and welcoming a group congenitally hostile to you, who deals the death penalty to homosexuals, deems women as 1/2 in court, where women cannot go out uncovered, get a job without written male permission, or drive a car, lacks common sense.

*

Con:
"Why do I have to believe in your god?"

You don't. But if you become militant or allow unvetted Islamic jihadists into our country because of a militant need to oppose Christians above protecting the country, we will have to detain you for an undisclosed amount of time.

*

Con:
"Prove that terrorists attacks will stop if we ban atheism."

Simple. It certainly hasn't been Christians opening the door to Islamists. Once we get atheists out of our way we can round up Muslims and ship them back to Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, etc. It'll be unexpected. The military will surround mosques and round them up.

*

Con:
"How is Islam like Nazism?"

Because the Nazi ideology came from Islam. Hitler was engulfed with Islamic doctrinization and the Islamic Grand Mufti was his ally, supplying 30,000 Islamic soldiers to the Nazis.

http://time.com...

QUOTE-
Walid Shoebat, ex-Muslim

https://www.goodreads.com...

"Had Charles Martel not been victorious at Poitiers -already, you see, the world had already fallen into the hands of the Jews, so gutless a thing Christianity! -then we should in all probability have been converted to Mohammedanism, that cult which glorifies the heroism and which opens up the seventh Heaven to the bold warrior alone. Then the Germanic races would have conquered the world. Christianity alone prevented them from doing so."
-Adolph Hitler

https://wikiislam.net...

*

And this is why we must ban open Atheism before it gets us all killed...
ConserativeDemocrat

Con

...

This is Con being a drama queen. No one is oppressing Con"
- Oh really? Then why are atheists being bullied? And why in several states, are atheists banned from running for office?

http://m.dailykos.com...
http://americanhumanist.org...

- Your source points to ONE gang. This is hardly representative of all Muslims. And how would banning atheism fix this?

And of course this is being used as a deceptive false dichotomy because the sword is the "truth". The "divider" is the truth".
- You are wrong. You pointed out a completely unrelated verse to rebut my point. You have to prove how your verse is related to my verse. Regardless, why did Jesus say, "Do not suppose I have come to bring peace?" That doesn't sound like a religion of peace.

Another false dichotomy. Con has used Judaism per the OT, knowing full well that Jesus stood against it."
- This doesn't rebut my point. Why did God kill innocent babies? There is no reason to do this. If you want people to worship your God, at least make him a good person. Oh, and Jesus was for the OT.

https://danielmiessler.com...

This fairytale?"
- Irrelevant. Your debate about this existence of God is irrelevant to this debate. Also, in your other debate against me about the existence of God, you lost. So, yeah. The bible is a bunch of fairy tales.

http://www.debate.org...

Atheists have been militant to Christianity and nonmilitant to Islam
- Did you even read your links? One is about hate speech, and the other is about how one man is being deported. Neither of these proves a Muslim bias. Plus, both are isolated incidents, not large-scale favoritism. Oh, and as for your link about hate speech, Muslims would be attacked by this law as well, as they are against homosexuality.

Nope. Just Atheism and Islam per their militantism and threat to the national security of America and the West. We would love to coexist with Atheism and Islam, but neither wants to coexist with us, thus we have the right to defend ourselves against them."
- What? Atheism is a threat to national security? How? That is the most ridiculous thing I have read. Do you have any evidence to prove this? Atheists are fine with coexisting, it's just no one wants to coexist with them. Your only point against atheism is that they don't believe in your God. That is hardly a national security threat. So yes, it is unconstitutional to ban atheism.

"Really? Based on this assessment, Con is saying:
reason = atheism
and
nonsense = religion
If it beats religion any day of the week, why are 90 % of people on Earth of some religion? Con seeds this point"
- First off, I don't "seed" anything. Next, around 16% of people are non-religious, so get your data right. Finally, public opinion doesn't change logic or reason. You didn't prove anything with this point. You say that many people are religious. Great. What does that prove? Many people believed that the Earth was flat. Does that make it true? However, a groups popular opinion which might make a difference are scientists, the people who study evolution, the Big Bang, and other things. Only 33% believe in a God, and 42% are atheists. So when you look at people who would know if the things in the bivle are possible, few actually believe religion is true and possible.

http://www.pewforum.org...

Not if the ideology is a threat to the national security of the United States. Jimmy Carter ordered the hault of Muslims in the 1970's for this reason."
- I like how you are going off topic. This debate is about atheism. This has nothing to do with banning atheism. How is a ban of Muslim immigrants in the past any evidence for the banning of atheism in the present?

Nope. Being militant to a group who you coexist with fine and welcoming a group congenitally hostile to you, who deals the death penalty to homosexuals, deems women as 1/2 in court, where women cannot go out uncovered, get a job without written male permission, or drive a car, lacks common sense"
- Yes, you should allow Muslims those beliefs. If they don't act on it, then what is the problem. For example, we think the KKK has some awful beliefs. Does that mean we ban their beliefs and restrict their speech? NO. If they don't act on their beliefs, then why can't they speak their mind? We have a freedom of speech, let us use it.
Again, this also has nothing to do with banning atheism. I think you realized that you will lose that point, so you are concentrating only on Islam.

"Why do I have to believe in your god?"
You don't. But if you become militant or allow unvetted Islamic jihadists into our country because of a militant need to oppose Christians above protecting the country, we will have to detain you for an undisclosed amount of time."
- Yay, I win the debate. Voters, Pro just said I don't have to believe in God, therefore proving he doesn't think atheism should be banned. Obviously I don't want jihadists in the country. But Muslims should be allowed in. Otherwise, you are blaming them for the actions of the others. And you want to jail a 13 year old kid for not wanting to ban Muslim immigration? We don't live in the USSR, you can't lock me up for my opinion.

Simple. It certainly hasn't been Christians opening the door to Islamists. Once we get atheists out of our way we can round up Muslims and ship them back to Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, etc. It'll be unexpected. The military will surround mosques and round them up."
- That is very scary. You want to give the government power to deport all members of a group. Even worse, you are doing it because of the actions of a few. By this logic, the U.S. should deport all Christians, because of the Crusades and the Planned Parenthood attack. The U.S. should deport all Japanese because of Pearl Harbor. You see how ridiculous that would be? When you start punishing everyone for the actions of a few, you no longer are moral.
Why should we deport all Muslims and send them back to a war torn, 3rd world area? That is insane. Some of my friends are Muslim. They are kids. Should they be sent back to the Middle East to die?
Finally, you have no proof atheists are letting in Muslims. By your logic, it is the Christians. "They are the dominant group, so they are to blame."

As for your point about Islam and Nazism, Nazi Germany was Christian, and how can you say all Muslims are like Nazis because of one Muslim in the past.

To conclude, I have rebutted Pro's argument that it is atheists fault that Islam is more popular, and I showed his true, unconstitutional plan, that he wants to ban all opposing beliefs to strengthen his own.
Vote Con!
Posted by ConserativeDemocrat 6 months ago
ConserativeDemocrat
This debate was ridiculous.
Posted by brontoraptor 7 months ago
brontoraptor
There's about a 0% chance it isn't real at this point.

http://www.debate.org...
Posted by vi_spex 7 months ago
vi_spex
religion is belief
Posted by DeuceKaboose 7 months ago
DeuceKaboose
Bronto, historically speaking. Societies have tried time and time again to get ride of Athiesm, but it has never worked, religions have been eradicated or died out, but a lack of believing in those religions is something that has existed in society in all recorded history. Many people do not see logic in devoting themselves to something that involves strict rules, very specific rites, all of which has a very petit chance of actually being real.

Attempting to eradicated Atheism would merely create an Atheist terrorist movement.

Also, you seem to blame Atheism for a lot of religious tensions which have absolutely no connection whatsoever to Atheism. Secular which promote religious freedom are not an Athiest invention, historically speaking the best example of a society which promoted religious freedom was the Mongol Empire, an empire which was started by a Shamanist
Posted by brontoraptor 7 months ago
brontoraptor
@vi spex

Nope. We know who he is. He carries a pitchfork.
Posted by vi_spex 7 months ago
vi_spex
christians are atheists to allah
Posted by brontoraptor 7 months ago
brontoraptor
@missmedic

Not actually...

http://www.debate.org...
Posted by vi_spex 7 months ago
vi_spex
kill atheists by leaving religion
Posted by vi_spex 7 months ago
vi_spex
muslims=zombie
Posted by missmedic 7 months ago
missmedic
So people will see what the followers a loving god is like, you have mind control of the young, and suppression of free thought and critical thinking, you could also kill people that think differently just to be on the safe side. You would have to suppress education, because the more you know the less you believe................