We should get rid of Obama Care

I believe Obama Care is communistic. A woman somewhere in the country had a $50 a month healthcare plan. It wasn't much but it was all she needed. Because of Obama Care she has to pay $200 a month for things she didn't need.

If you accept, you should comment on it. Good luck making a good point that is pro Obama Care. Democrats have very poor views on certain healthcare issues and Obama is a democrat.

Sorry, acceptance means I'm ready for you to make your arguments.

You have BOP, which means its up to you to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that we should abolish Obamacare.

I eagerly await such proof.

We should abolish it because it helps the minority of people. The majority of people don't need Obama Care. The majority runs the country.

I. Universal Healthcare is a international standard

Currently, the majority of the developed world uses some form of universal or single payer healthcare.

I want my opponent to note a couple of things. The first of which, is the fact that we are fundind healthcare for citizens in Iraq and Afghanistan, but hardly our own country. Second, that most of the G-20 is using single payer healthcare. It goes without saying the nations in extreme debt/poverty aren't. Its not a conservative/liberal thing. Its a practical application based on reason and logic. I will attempt to expand why throughout the rest of this round.

II. Obamacare is profitable

The logic behind Obamacare, is that if you can get everyone to afford healthcare, then the markets will thrive. Most nations think health care is a human right and government responcibility. I would argue the same, but to the contrary, I also like money. Many americans attempt the weak argument, that Obamacare would lower our credit rating substantially.

Obviously this is not true. The truth is, before the Affordable Care Act, 40% of our nations youth did not purchase healthcare. Likewise, a near same statistic existed for our elderly, even with social security. The US average disposable income is enough to sustain everyone purchasing healthcare, and although the rates of many went up, they will recieve a near identical tax return from the government.

obamacare subsidies'

All the whining that.... "MY PREMIUMS!!! They rose 2%!!!" is drabble in my mind. The ACA pays back negative income credits, or as people are beginning to call them, "Obamacare Credits". You see, if people can not afford to pay their insurance rates, the US government will PAY you what you need to make up the difference.

I also want people to view that "C-Chart" I just posted from CCN. Obamacare is making people pay dirt low rates. Most of the people in the middle and lower class have lower rates now, and are not being ripped up by Blue Life or Meta Insurance. There was a national poll conducted about a year a go. 90% of those who answered said their rates lowered.

Only 10% of Americans said their rates went up. If you can tell me with a straight face, that those maximum premiums are to high, then I will tell the audience to give you the conduct point. Just for being honest.

III. Additional facts, statistics, and information

I'll rap this up by giving a pluray of facts and information to support my case. Here is a detailed organizer that perfectly explains how gender discrimination and pay gaps will no longer factor in under the Affordable Care Act.

Another thing I found very intresting, is that the ACA will increase the federal budget by about 50 billion, through 2016-2017. By 2018, the federal budget and spending rates will actually lower beyond our original costs, as a direct effect of the ACA. This means, even if we take a slight amount of damage now, we will be better off in the long run, and with all our citizens healthy. The CBO directly states it will lower the deficit, and will likely have no effect on the economy.

Does my opponent have any contentions left? I believe his resolution is 110% negated. I ask you to gratefully concede.

Posted by Complicated-Character 2 years ago
Agree with instigator at this point.
Posted by cosecant 2 years ago
Sorry for interruption. If you want to know more about your favourite drink, click here Once on page scroll down to view more options & comment if you wish.
Vote Placed by TheCoolestPersonEver 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con was much more convincing. Pro just stated opinions without evidence.
Vote Placed by Raymond_Reddington 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made practically no arguments and the ones he did were very effectively refuted. Con's arguments were very strong and all went uncontested.