Lmoney
maxwell.lane

We should go to war with isis

maxwell.lane

Lmoney

Pro

Three rounds. First round is accpetance. Try to do your best. I accept
maxwell.lane

Con

I accept, Id appreciate a minimum of 2000 characters
Lmoney

Pro

Why should we go to war with Isis, Watch the news. They kill people, and for fun they cut off people"s heads. I mean for real, they even threatened to takeover Rome Georgia. Why do we just sit back and watch them kill our US citizens, come on people we have to do something about this.
Every day people live in fear in the Middle East because of Isis, we should step in. Declaring war against them is the best solution so let"s do it makes no sense not to. I have said enough to get my point across how are you going to argue against this.
maxwell.lane

Con

The U.S. should not step in where it is not wanted. I watch the news, it is the worst of atrocities that is only paralleled to the rape of nanking, and now we should have nothing to do with it. declaring war would entail putting boots on the ground, putting our young soldiers at risk. Isis is not a country with professionals and strict uniforms, they are a guerrilla force that does no take prisoners. They are not motivated by nationalism, they are motivated by their religion where they honestly believe that they will go to heaven if they die, and will fight to the death much like the Japanese during the second world war. When soldiers of a country that is perpetrating atrocities, the populous of soldiers as a whole has a decreased morale and are at much higher affinity for desertion. The members of Isis do not believe that what they are doing is wrong, and we cannot win a war without surrender or truce, and there is no possibility of eliminating every extremist in the middle east. And we tried to step in in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Korea and Vietnam. The United States left those countries in an even worse condition than when they tried to intervene, and not to mention the death of countless soldiers. I believe in putting the lives of American soldiers first before that of other citizens. I plan on joining the Navy. I am no a liberal by any means, but if we have learned anything from recent history, it is a bad Idea to try and fight an enemy in a civilian population where it is uncertain who to kill. I would be ready and willing to take the life of any enemy of the United States, but not if there is a remote chance of them being a civilian. We would kill more than we would save. Why not let Saudi Arabia and the Republic of Iraq handle the situation that is happening in their back yard.
Lmoney

Pro

Let me say this. I want to see America fight for a change. I am tired of my country getting bullied around. If we stop this damn isis then America could stop worrying about terroristic threat. I am say that we should send troops into isis and end this quickly, I say a year tops. And for those young kids in the army, they knew what they were getting into if they did not want to go to war they would not have joined the army. If we just tried to eliminate this isis threat I say we would destroy them quickly.
maxwell.lane

Con

Your first point is exactly what we said before Vietnam, and the Middle East crisis, which includes the gulf wars. And you must realise, there are many other reasons for enlisting, and what better way to save the lives of our youth than keep them out of a war. You are yet to refute my previous points, and if you'd like, challenge me again to do so.
Posted by Vuar 1 year ago
Vuar
It's so difficult to go to war with terrorists because they don't have a country. What this means is that they don't have borders, they don't have a specific place in which they reside; they're everywhere. This applies with ISIS. And with that comes the fact that warring terrorists is just damn near impossible due to their mindset. They don't care about how many casualties they face, or if they die. Killing mass amounts of them won't make them stop just because of the way they think. There's no real leader you can negotiate with, and even if they did have terms of some sort, they would probably consist of something outrageous.
Posted by Zack95 1 year ago
Zack95
In that case, I feel the United states should go to wage war with Drug Cartel. Because drugs are bad. Getting rid of drugs would greatly benefit everyone.

I'm pretty sure you can't. If Was even possible, we would be at War with Mexico, because the cartel is placed within Mexico.

You sir, are a disgrace to America.
Posted by bladesman001 1 year ago
bladesman001
im pretty sure you can go to war with organizations or companies.
Posted by Zack95 1 year ago
Zack95
First of all, ISIS isn't a country, rather than a state of Iraq and Syria. A country cannot go to war with the Black Panthers can it? Pro already lost. All con has to do is rufute the instigation and its correction of "Should we go to war with Iraq or Syria.
Vote Placed by joetheripper117 1 year ago
joetheripper117
Lmoneymaxwell.laneTied
Reasons for voting decision: If pro's arguments were applied to other countries, we would be at war with pretty much every nation on the earth. Pro fails to acknowledge Con's points at all, and Pro's points fall flat for the most part.
Vote Placed by TheJuniorVarsityNovice 1 year ago
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Lmoneymaxwell.laneTied
Reasons for voting decision: you cant get rid of extremism which is the root cause, this contention was not refuted and pro gives ridiculously weak arguments.