Benj3615
Welqra

We should improve the border fences

Benj3615

Pro

If you ask me should we have done this ages ago, the fences is a really good way to keep immigrants out of the US and it can improve the control of illigal drugs. I think this way becuase it will not only improve those things but it will also make jobs for us. I think that it´s a big problem that is only getting worse and worse where immigrants are taking advantage of our system.
Welqra

Con

Militarizing our borders will not solve the problem of illegal immigration. People from other countries will continue to find a way into the United States, and many Americans will continue to complain of immigrants "taking our jobs."

There are a few factors people are forgetting. The most important one being that these immigrants, particularly the ones from Mexico, are taking the jobs that no one wanted in the first place. These are jobs such as skinning and gutting catfish for much longer shifts than an average American job, cleaning latrines, or building houses for pay that is well below minimum wage, under the table. These Mexican immigrants come to the US with hopes of an absolute paradise from their way of life, which doesn't include many amenities that we take for granted. Clean water, heating, air conditioning, or a steady food source aren't exactly rare for many Mexicans, but it is commonly unaffordable and unobtainable. I am not forgetting the many Americans for which this is also true, I am merely showing that they are very similar to us.

Much of Mexico is controlled by the Drug Cartel, with the government more corrupt than near any nation in the world. Mass graves full of hundreds of innocent people have been found on multiple occasions in the last decade. This occurrence will certainly never be overlooked in the US as it is in Mexico.

I would also like to remind you that the birthrate and death rate of the US are nearly equal; immigration is what helps our population and economy grow.

It is true that current immigration policies are flawed, but we must amend these policies instead of pointing more guns at people who have enough guns pointed at them already.

http://www.bloomberg.com...

https://www.cia.gov...

http://www.as-coa.org...
Benj3615

Pro

I know that it wouldn't solve the problem with illegal immigration but it would still help with the control of it. Buy the way people will always find a way to get around the rules. But there is still the "right way" to get in to the US it is just going to take some time and a lot of paperwork... And about that Mexicans are taking our jobs. Am I going to agree with you, there will always be some people that are never going to change the way the think about that unfortunately.

First I am going to comment on that they are taking the jobs no one wanted in the first place.

Because there are many Americans that are homeless or having a bad time economically who would not exactly love that job but they would probably take the job anyway to keep them going, it is just up to the employer to choose between an American or an illegal Mexican that would work more for less money than the American. So the problem in that situation is the employer.

And I can really not see how that their government is corrupt can have an influence on what we should do at the border and if we improved the border control/fences we could have so much more control about the drugs coming in to the US which would result in less money to the cartels and if they have less money they cant control larger areas or control their government.
Welqra

Con

Welqra forfeited this round.
Benj3615

Pro

Benj3615 forfeited this round.
Welqra

Con

Welqra forfeited this round.
Posted by Welqra 2 years ago
Welqra
Apologies, had a busy few days and couldn't get on.
Posted by Benj3615 2 years ago
Benj3615
I need to agree with you on this one too, all people should be treated equally no matter where they come from.
Posted by Welqra 2 years ago
Welqra
I apologize to anyone that thinks my argument seems very liberal; this is a topic that needs some liberalization, to show Americans that people from other countries are indeed equal to us.