phuongtran
CAHAL101

We should listen to music when we do homework

CAHAL101
Started: 9/1/2015 Category: Music

phuongtran

Pro

First round, acceptance,
Second round, debate and protect your reasons
Third round, Specific reasons to debate
Fourth round, Last debate opinion
CAHAL101

Con

I will take this debate and so that puts me at we should not listen to music when doing our home work.
Now lets get started.
phuongtran

Pro

Let's get started!
First of all, welcome to the debate.
To open this debate of to a good start, I would like to say that listening to music helps us concentrate more on our homework. I think it really helps me focus con what I'm doing, not get side distracted and also the music would makes our mind fresh and clear for us to forget everything that is negative and do your work.
Of corse, there are still some exceptions to listening to music. Like when you do your assessment..... you dont want to be chilling out and doing it so happily (in my perspective.... It's the creepiest thing EVER) because you forgot that tomorrow is the due date.
Here's another reason why we should listen to music, when you just have your normal homework, you are doing it and your're supper bored..... Can't concentrate because everyone in your family is having a feast and there are people screaming....shouting and every noise that you could think of, HOW ON EARTH COULD YOU CONCENTRATE!!!!!!!!? But I have a solution, have your headphone (or earphone ) with you incase you feel like listening to music. Plug it on your device (but don't let the device control you!!) Listen to your favorite tracks (which helps you to not get bored again.) And do your work....
Good Luck debating with me :D See you next round!
CAHAL101

Con

thanks for having this debate but i disagree because i thought music helps you but your brain cant do that much of things and when your favorite song comes on you listen to it and forget your homework and it just sits there and you do nothing about it the human brain is big with a large cerebrum and there is a lot of errors and when you listen to music you are messing it all up people say they can multitask but they cant we humans can only do one thing at a time and the more we do like listening to music while doing homework messes up our cerebrum (brain)
now back to you
phuongtran

Pro

I sort of agree to you, but for me, personally ,I feel more concentrated when doing my work with my best song in my head, I feel awesome to listen to music when you are studying because you won't listen to your annoying brother/sister bragging about how good they are at something :( That would be more distracting, I also find myself some place comfortable to do my work and play a list of any kind of music (I would prefer classical music)
CAHAL101

Con

CAHAL101 forfeited this round.
phuongtran

Pro

But I think that music isn't just a took to help you concentrate, it's a way to make your life more refreshed. For example, when you have a not so good day, you should open some fun and exciting tunes so you rmind could be more relaxed and feel more comfortable. I also think that you could be right, listening to your favorite tunes might be a little bit not so well but for me, it's a good way to feel like I'm in the mood for homework
CAHAL101

Con

I'm sorry to say this but phuongtran you may be wrong it may feel like it is refreshing but really its not when you do work you must focus on the work and not the music i believe that when you listen to music you get side tracked and loose focus on your school work it happens to a lot of people.
for all of the voters out there this was a really good debate and i think you will choose the one who gave a better statment and gave a lot of info and back up to there side.

Vote for CAHAL
Posted by CAHAL101 1 year ago
CAHAL101
sorry i was away
Posted by CAHAL101 1 year ago
CAHAL101
ok
Posted by phuongtran 1 year ago
phuongtran
Basically, I think that this debate only rely on how people's perspective..... Many people would think that listening to music is good but other people thinks that It's a myth that it helps us relax.... Let's make this a two perspective debate.... Sometimes I agree to your Idea and sometimes you agree to mine. Let's make it fair :)
Posted by CAHAL101 1 year ago
CAHAL101
what side are you on
Vote Placed by ColeTrain 1 year ago
ColeTrain
phuongtranCAHAL101Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: Con forfeited. Arguments: Pro conceded that she "sort of agreed with Con." Also, she explained that for her "personally" it was better. The instigator must prove the resolution on balance, not just for one individual. As he/she has failed to do this, Con get's arguments.