Mr.Bob
Dabete

We should not ban guns.

Mr.Bob has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

Mr.Bob

Pro

Can somebody please accept for the first round.
Mr.Bob

Pro

Guns have given people protection since the right to bear arms was put in place. What needs to be done, isn't banning guns, but stricter background checks and mental health checks. Criminals don't care about the law, they will get them through illegal ways.
Dabete

Con

I do agree that if guns aren't banned completely, then way stricter rules. I also agree that people can get them illegally anyway. Though, they can be used for self-protection, they are also used for harm. I have had 4 family members shoot themselves because they were feeling depressed, and the gun was there. I know it's like that for a lot of other people and their family members, too. Having guns (in my opinion) makes people feel a false sense of power, and things could go wrong fast. I am not completely con, nor am I pro. At first I thought this was a joke post, but then you gave actual reason. I do understand and respect your points, they were very much valid. We are in a world of tough times (emotionally) and if guns are provided, there's no telling what a depressed or angry person might do in the moment. I do believe people should take courses and safety lessons before even being able to buy or apply for a gun / gun licence. It would be much safer.
Mr.Bob

Pro

I see your point, and it is sad to have that happen, but your telling me that is the only way, of suicide. There are plenty of other ways . And in fact, people need guns because, it's proved that upwards of 2.5 million people a year, protect themselves, from murderers, rapists, and home intruders. And also, it's almost impossible for the government to take every gun in the us. There is at least hundred's of millions guns, that people own. And if , the us does take every single gun. There will still be people buying illegal. And the everyday person can't protect themselves from the criminals that have them through the illegal ways. And, I also like H3H3.
Dabete

Con

I also see your point, but there are other ways to protect yourself the same as there are other ways to commit suicide. There are safer options (tactical knife, taser, pepper spray)

Okay, so none of these options really kill people (except maybe the knife), but it's enough for you to get out of the situation and seek help. [A] "A tactical knife is perhaps the best self-defense weapon you can carry. In fact, within 20 feet a knife can be more effective, and more deadly, than a gun."

Having a gun, if someone is too afraid to use it (or doesn't know how to), what stops the attacker from taking the gun from them (assuming they never had one in the beginning). There are actually a lot of people who own guns, without knowing how to use them (I know 3 people with this issue). I'm aware people use guns to feel safer and more protected, but isn't it a bit much to carry around? Eg., a woman carrying a gun in her purse. In what situation would anybody be prepared and fast enough to take that gun out of the purse or bag and shoot the attacker (unless they were trained - which takes a long time) The average human doesn't (usually) have the ability to know to do that.

I think there are other, more useful and safe ways, to protect yourself. At the same time, it is unreasonable to expect the US to ban/get rid of all guns. Besides, people own guns other than the reason of self-protection, and that reason is hunting. I don't expect all guns to get taken away, I just think there are safer ways to protect yourself and don't see guns as the best solution.

And thank you, I also love our thicc fupa daddy

[A] https://www.asecurelife.com...
Posted by shinri 1 week ago
shinri
So since people are going to kill each other anyway, let's do them the favor and make it legal, easier. Guns can kill, and even though criminals already have guns and will not hesitate to buy them illegally, people are at risk just by the presence of such thing in their house. We tend to go out of control when our emotions take over, so who knows what we will do in a heated argument with a gun available to us.

Apart from that, although it is common for people to claim that they want guns to protect themselves, it is proven that they are actually rarely used for self-defense. I'm pretty sure nobody would run to the closet to grab their gun when a burglar is pointing one to their head. So, if not for protection, what would anyone want a gun for? Go hunting? Spend some time in a gang, acting all big?