LatinSummers
PowerPikachu21

We should stop supporting pandas and let them go extinct

LatinSummers has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

LatinSummers

Pro

Rules for the debate.
* Try to support your argument with a bibliography and good grammar
* Try to avoid cursing and insulting
* This is nothing personal so try not to take offence

Thank you for accepting my challenge.

We should cut of most but not all support for pandas.
PowerPikachu21

Con

Hopefully I don't run away this time! But your statement and the resolution are contradictory. The title says 'let them go extinct', but you don't want all support to run out?
LatinSummers

Pro

You are correct I probably should have worded it better, I meant that we don't kill them ourselves instead we slowly but not instantly cut off the support and donations to pandas and divert it to more important endangered animals/plants like plankton and endangered fungi. If we cut the support off instantly it will cause an outrage and less people will donate to the charities that decided to cut of support to pandas. The reason for this is pandas are expensive to keep and breed now that wouldn't be a problem if they kept other animals alive but think of one animal they help none. Yes they do get rid of bamboo but at the rate they eat bamboo it grows back and their waste fertilizes the bamboo helping the weed grow faster. They take up money that should be given to endangered animals that hold up entire environments. They only reason they are kept alive is the fact that they are "cute" and a cultural symbol. It cost $500,000 per year to keep one panda that money could save many important animals intern saving entire ecosystems.
It is very unlikley this debate will make a difference.
PowerPikachu21

Con

So why are other animals more important than pandas? And also, pandas could be hunted when their population is a good range, so we could make fur banners and things.

And besides, what's China supposed to do when Pandas do go extinct? Have a now extinct animal as a mascot? I'm assuming Pro's arguing about extinction for pandas, anyways. It's far too late for him to clarify, anyways.

In conclusion, we should keep pandas, because we can (hopefully) eventually get them into an appropriate population for hunting purposes, and so China can keep their mascot. My opponent hasn't said much that suggests we should get rid of pandas. It doesn't matter if we aren't helping "more important animals" if we don't know what those animals are!