KingDebater
Logan94

We should treat the obese like animals.

KingDebater

KingDebater

Pro

There I was, on the plane, when suddenly, a pizza-polishing fat bum moves his grossly overweight gluteus maximus over to the five seats next to me. He then lowers said body part down to all five of the empty seats next to me. He is still crunching on some fatty food and then says to me in a rather polite tone: "Wanacrisp?" (It's hard to decode Fatzonese) I stare at him as if he had just killed someone (he had, the flight attendant who was sitting next to me). I see this crisp-crunching pile o' fat and begin to deny the notion that it's human. This must mean that these people are animals.

Then an idea came to mind: We should treat the obese like animals! Documenting their entire life, throwing their food to them through buckets and taking them for a walk! Imagine a file on your average slob, giving the information that everyone wants to know.

Name: Rob the slob
Species: Burger-bellied waddler
Occupation: Chip shop customer
Weight: 256 lbs
Height: 1m 32cm
Age: 22
Mother's name: Penelope "No, I'm not still pregnant" Fudge
Mother's occupation: Circus fool: "Watch that fatty fly!"
Father's name: Fat Pat
Father's occupation: Retired

That would be great, wouldn't it?

So that's what I want to debate today, whether we should treat the obese like animals. I hope for a good debate.

I thank you.
Logan94

Con

I accept the debate
KingDebater

Pro

I thank Con for accepting this debate.

i) It would motivate them to be normal
Not many people like being an animal, so it would motivate the fat to get off their bum, eat some greens and do some exercise, because as we all know, fat people are the size they are because they eat too much and move too little [1].

No doing it

ii) You could make a whole load of money off of it
Everyone goes to the zoo, right? Right! This stunt would make a load of money and everyone would be happy. It would be a great thing to do! Who doesn't want to see the wild burger-bellied waddler?

iii) You'd make lots more money off of it
As the comments section of this debate already demonstrates, the notion of treating the obese like animals is rather controversial. This means that if it were pulled off in real life, it would be controversial as well. You'd probably get animal rights protestors blabbing on about how its cruel and unfair. However, this would only make the event more popular, as Banksy has demonstrated [2]. Banksy painted an elephant pink ("elephant in the room") which made the animal rights people shout at normal people, making them want to see it and thereby getting Banksy more dosh.

iv) No more fat people
With all these people coming to see it, the burger-bellied waddlers would be really motivated and get off their bum and eat some vegetables. This means no more fat people, which is a good thing.

v) The public wouuld make a whole load of money off of it
You've been framed is a television programme in which you get to see hilarious things such as stupid people falling over and wacky things like that [3]. If the public were to bring their cameras to events like these, the footage they get would surely be wacky and hysterical enough to get their clip featured on the television and to receive £250. Wahoo!

I think I've provided a good case supporting my side of the debate.

[1] http://www.nhs.uk...
[2] http://www.guardian.co.uk...
[3] http://www.itv.com...
Logan94

Con

1. " not many people like being an animal" All human beings are animals, so how the human species interacts on a regular basis is the same as if we treated them as animals. We are all animals, and therefore we already are treating each other as such.
2. You would not make a satisfactory monetary base to keep said facility open. If i wanted to see a fat person waddle around and eat i would just go to my local McDonald's.
3. this would do nothing to curve the fat population of the world. For one it would never be allowed and therefore this debate is already irrelevant. Also, there is no proof to show this statistic. You cant put every fat person in the world in a cage. For example in America you would have to put about 80%, not real stat, but everyone is fat anymore, in a cage. THat is a majority of your targeted market already gone.
Conclusion: this would never be allowed, and could not support itself when it comes to money. It violates human rights, and has no effect to curve fat population
Posted by Legitdebater 3 years ago
Legitdebater
Hey, I'm insulted. Do we really want to put Michael Moore in a zoo and treat him like an animal? Maybe you're fat yourself and you're starting a revolution. Besides, do we really want to throw over half of Americans into a zoo. The only thing I would be happy about is seeing Republicans in a zoo, that'd be funny. I'm not a democrat by the way. No matter who you put in there, it's always the same. Wow, how did I manage to get my political views in a debate like this, lol.
Posted by Militant_Pacifist 3 years ago
Militant_Pacifist
This is disgusting
Posted by DakotaKrafick 3 years ago
DakotaKrafick
What is this, I don't even...
Posted by xXCryptoXx 3 years ago
xXCryptoXx
Your joke debates come off as a little douchy King :/

You should make more far fetched and less offensive resolutions that base themselves around stereotypes.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
I find this cruel and repulsive. For starters, do you have any clue how hard it is to get a skinny animal like to dog to go for a walk when it's raining out?
Posted by PatriotPerson 3 years ago
PatriotPerson
What is wrong with you?
Posted by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
Also, this is a joke debate.
Vote Placed by Anon_Y_Mous 3 years ago
Anon_Y_Mous
KingDebaterLogan94Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Counter Votebomb PatriorPerson.
Vote Placed by PatriotPerson 3 years ago
PatriotPerson
KingDebaterLogan94Tied
Reasons for voting decision: You scare me, King. Debate sane and immature things and get a grip on your mind.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
KingDebaterLogan94Tied
Reasons for voting decision: All jokes aside, I find the subject matter of this debate too offensive to give a non-biased argument vote. Thus I shall ship that category. Sources: They clearly favor pro, as he tied them into the argument and con never tried to challenge them or bring in any of his own.
Vote Placed by HeartOfGod 3 years ago
HeartOfGod
KingDebaterLogan94Tied
Reasons for voting decision: "All human beings are animals, so how the human species interacts on a regular basis is the same as if we treated them as animals. We are all animals, and therefore we already are treating each other as such." This is basically a concession. If all humans are animals then we should be treated as such. Including obese people. PS. Just wanted to add that if this comment was not made by Con, he may have stood a chance.