oomooloo
dragonscxt

We shouldn't home school children.

oomooloo

Pro

I strongly believe that we should not home school children and teenagers as it restricts what they do in their life and isn't as good for them as going to a real school and having peers. The young people of our world need some separation from their parents and family. By the end of this debate you will also believe that going to school is better than home schooling.
dragonscxt

Con

I disagree. I do not see anything wrong with homeschooling, in fact homeschooling has helped many students get into college. You have not considered the fact that some children/teens live outside of their home country. I have a 16 year old friend who's family moved to a rural part of China from the US for missionary purposes. There are no International Schools nearby. The only schools available were Chinese schools, which wouldn't help because my friend didn't know any Chinese. Through homeschooling, he found many teachers online who taught classes online and was able to get the proper education needed to go to college. It is true that young people need separation from their parents an family, but that is what college is for. But to get to college you need a proper education, and homeschooling can provide that anywhere in the world.

I also disagree with your statement that homeschooling restricts what children and teens do in life. Keep in mind that homeschooling does not restrict their social capabilities. My friend was able to make several friends even though he was home schooled. He did everything normal socializing teens do: go watch movies with his friends, sleep over, he even goes camping every month. He took the SATs last year and received brilliant scores.

You have just given in to the common stereotype that all home schooled students are anti-social or only get taught by their parents. This is not true. While there ARE many home schooled students who ARE anti-social, there are just as much students in NORMAL schools who are anti-social.

I personally know several people who are or have been home schooled and are perfectly fine. In fact no one could tell that the difference between them and a "normal" student.
oomooloo

Pro

oomooloo forfeited this round.
dragonscxt

Con

dragonscxt forfeited this round.
oomooloo

Pro

oomooloo forfeited this round.
dragonscxt

Con

dragonscxt forfeited this round.