We the students should be allowed to have phones in school

Con Tied Pro

I think we should have phones in schools because if there was say an accident and there was no phone around anywhere and the front office was a ways a away then what would you do and if infact you run up there as fast as you could and by the time you came back the person who had an accident die then it would be the schools fault and they are the one to blame, but if the school board would allow us the students to have phones in school then that person may had a chance to still be alive and then the school would not be the one to blame.

Introduction: In this debate I am going to be exploring the idea of Nihilism as it relates to policy making. Specifically, my stance is that it is foolish to suggest than any particular decision 'should' be made because there is no legitimate basis on which to determine what 'should' and 'should not' be done.

My stance is that the administrators of can make any policy they want about cell phone use. It does not matter.

My opponent has proposed that there could be an accident would require the use of a phone to resolve. Why does this mean that it is necessary to have cell phones? My opponent first has to demonstrate that resolving accidents is favorable, which I do not accept.

It is quite true that a person could die as a result of not getting medical attention quickly enough. Is it unfavorable for a person to die? I do not believe so. My opponent will have to demonstrate why the death of a person is necessarily a bad thing.

There is also disregarding the extreme unlikelihood of a potentially fatal accident occurring, compounding with the extreme unlikelihood that a cell phone would be necessary to resolve this problem. The odds of the scenario my opponent has described actually occurring are astronomically low.

Without evidence, there is no reason to believe that a human being being badly hurt or killed is a bad thing. The odds of this happening and requiring a cell phone to resolve favorably are incredibly low anyway.

Yes I see your point but why should we not just have phone in classrooms in stead of risking the chance of having our phones being taken away why not just have new devices that can help send emergency help with just a click of a button at least then someone could here us.
I'm not saying that an emergency veichel can get to it destination on time I'm just stating the fact that we need a new device that will enable us to call for help in a quicker amount of time.

Grape forfeited this round.

Deathstar53 forfeited this round.

I would like to apologize for my forfeit, I sort of forgot about this debate.

Having new devices that send for emergency aid would discourage, rather than encourage, allowing the use of phones by students (since cell phones would cease to be necessary for emergencies, which was your previous argument).

My opponent has not addressed my rebuttal at all and has only refuted her own argument.
Posted by Sylux 6 years ago
What if someone came to school and texted their friends, planning a drive-by, letting them know exactly where they were so as not to shoot that area. Everybody'd be pretty butt-f*cked at that point, don't'cha think? There are no guns in school, no means of retalliation. And walls aren't RPG-proof.
Posted by Grape 6 years ago
Oops I apologize I forgot about this debate... I will have an argument for round 3.
Posted by Kinesis 6 years ago
Posted by Korashk 6 years ago
You cannot accept this challenge because you do not match the Instigator's age and/or rank criteria.

If this changes I may accept.
Vote Placed by Awed 6 years ago
Vote Placed by Grape 6 years ago
Vote Placed by MeganLoaskia 6 years ago