bcresmer
DevonNetzley

Weapon debate

DevonNetzley

bcresmer

Pro

This debate is to fin out with weapons are good in each of this sections; Assault Rifle, Submachine gun, Light machine gun, shotgun, and Sniper rifle.

These are the guns I choose; STG-44, P-90, M249, AA-12, and Chentec Intervention.

The first round is acceptence and guns, and the last round is for closing agurements.

Good luck and have fun
DevonNetzley

Con

Cool man, thanks for challenging me, i accept. Well to start off, my choices from the selections are the following below.

The MK14 assault rifle.
The PP90M1 submachine gun.
The L86 LSW light machine gun.
The Model 1887 shotgun.
The Barrett 50cal. sniper rilfe.

Good luck to you too, and i will have fun.
bcresmer

Pro

Thanks for accepting. Hopefully you are not a spammer lol.

The AA-12 has a higher firing rate then my opponent's selection. it served the basis for the USAS combat shotgun. Not to metion its also fully automatic.

The FN-90 is a 9mm submachine gun that took the world by storm because of its unique magizine and high firing rate. It has been replacing Mp-5's as the go-to SMG.

The Intervention fires a .480 Cheytec round. That's bigger then a .50cal.

The StG-44 was the first assault rifle ever made. It was the basis for the Ak-47 and the M-16. It is also select-fire, no semi-auto like the Mk-14.

The M249 Squad Automatic Weapon, or M249SAW, was the workhorse of the US Military before the introduction of the M240Bravo. It fires a 5.56x4mm NATO round, the same kind used in the M16 and M4A1. This means that if your running out of ammo, you can use magazines from M16-M4A1's and continue laying down the fire.

http://en.wikipedia.org......
http://en.wikipedia.org......
http://en.wikipedia.org......
http://en.wikipedia.org......
http://en.wikipedia.org......
DevonNetzley

Con

Whoa dude, that was fast. And no i am not a spammer, i'm still a little new to this.

The United States Navy Mark 14 Enhanced Battle Rifle (EBR) is an American selective fire military rifle chambered for the 7.62x51mm NATO cartridge. I am not sure of my opponents assault rifle round size. It is a variant of the M14 battle rifle and was originally built for use with units of the United States Naval Special Warfare Command, such as the United States Navy SEALs.

The PP-90M1 is a 9x19mm Parabellum Russian submachine gun developed by KBP Instrument Design Bureau in the 1990s. It features a 64-round helical magazine, and other than sharing a manufacturer is unrelated to the similarly named PP-90M.The weapon may also be used with a 32-round box magazine if desired.

The L85 rifle variant of the SA80 family has been the standard issue service rifle of the British Armed Forces since 1987, replacing the L1A1 variant of the FN FAL. The improved L85A2 remains in service today. The remainder of the family comprises the L86 Light Support Weapon, the short-barrelled L22 carbine and the L98 Cadet rifle.

The Winchester Model 1887 and Winchester Model 1901 were lever-action shotguns originally designed by famed American gun designer John Browning and produced by the Winchester Repeating Arms Company during the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

The barrett 50.cal uses the same round as my opponent.

I await my opponents response.
bcresmer

Pro

No prob!

This is false. The Cheytec Intervention fires a .480 Cheytec round, which is bigger then a .50cal.

The StG-44 fires a 7.92x33mm bullet, also larger then my oponents weapons. And again, my gun is fully auto.

The P90 is also a 9x19mm Parabellum.

You have not told me anytime about your lmg exept that it comes from a family of rifles.

For this debate lets stick with the M1887.

Your turn Con
DevonNetzley

Con

Yeah sorry about the 50.cal thing, shotgun, and lmg thing. I had to change classes and the teachers were yelling at me, couldn't think if you understand any. Anywhoo.

The barrett 50.cal does use a smaller round. But it is semi-automatic. And if my information is incorrect, the intervention is bolt action. Am i corect? Really i want to know. If so then the 50.cal has a higher fire rate.

For the submachine gun, I didn't choose the same one did I? Anyways, the pp90m1's fire rate is moderatey fast. Not as fast as the p90 maybe. But where I believe the superiority of this weapon comes in is it's manuverability. This compact weapon is perfect fot your tactical close quarters combat. Deadly at close range.

To explain the L85 lmg. The LMG is a fully automatic, belt or magazine fed, gas operated machine gun capable of sustained high volumes of accurate fire in bursts. The RAF Regt is equiped with the Para version, which has a retractable stock and uses the LMG without the optional SUSAT, employing the iron sights. Ammunition comes in either soft pouches containing belted rounds of 200 or the weapon can fire the standard magazine used by the L85.

And sorry about that for the model 1887. The Model 1887 was the first truly successful repeating shotgun. Its lever-action design was chosen at the behest of the Winchester Repeating Arms Company, best known at the time as manufacturers of lever-action firearms. Shotgun shells at the time used black powder as a propellant, and so the Model 1887 shotgun was designed and chambered for less powerful black powder 12-gauge shotshells, with a 10-gauge chambering being offered soon afterwards.
http://www.raf.mod.uk...

Hope that repairs any damage that i have caused.

Your turn Pro.
bcresmer

Pro

Yes the Intervention is bolt action, and yes the Barret .50 cal has a higher fire rate. But you forget, these are Sniper rifles. the Intervention forces you to pick your shot and slow down. With the Barret .50 cal you can empty a whole clip in like 5 secs and not hit anything.

The P90 is smaller and lighter the the PP90m1.

The M249 also uses soft and box mags, but can also use M16-M4 mags as well.

You just admitted that your shotgun is less powerful then mine. The AA-12 is also the fastest firing shotgun out there.

Good Luck!
DevonNetzley

Con

Dude you are quick. This is a lot of fun.

"Yes the Intervention is bolt action, and yes the Barret .50 cal has a higher fire rate. But you forget, these are Sniper rifles. the Intervention forces you to pick your shot and slow down. With the Barret .50 cal you can empty a whole clip in like 5 secs and not hit anything."

This is all good and true, but that does not mean that the one firing the 50.cal will empty the clip in 5 seconds. The point of being a sniper is to be undected by the enemy, not spraying your rounds. You would be seen and picked off in a second. This negates your response.

"The P90 is smaller and lighter the the PP90m1."

This is true, you negate my weapon, in both being compact and it's manuverability. Nice job Con.

"The M249 also uses soft and box mags, but can also use M16-M4 mags as well."

Your choice of weaponry in lmgs is great. Your weapon has trumped mine by proving that it can use rounds from the m16-m4 as well. Looks like i'm running out of luck.

"You just admitted that your shotgun is less powerful then mine. The AA-12 is also the fastest firing shotgun out there."

From my last post in round 3, yes it seems i have addmited it huh? Well i'm man enough to say you have yet beat me again at another weapon. Huh and i thought i as doing a good job there or a second too.

However that does not mean i will give up.

My arguments.

The Barrett 50.cal is a one of a kind rifle to ever be used by the U.S military. One of our strongest rifles to ever fire a round 1 mile away nailing a target behind a concrete wall, making quite a mess in the process.

The PP90M1's fire power is consestent with the standard 9mm pistol on steroids. A very unique weapon to catch the eyes of our militaty. The fire rate is most likley up there with the p90's.
Stats.
Weight 2.06 kg (4.5 lb) (empty)
2.86 kg (6.3 lb) (loaded)
Length 410 mm (16 in) (stock folded)
Width 53 mm (2.1 in)
Cartridge 9x19mm Parabellum
9x19mm 7N31
Action Blowback
Rate of fire 500–800 rounds/min
Muzzle velocity Approx. 320 m/s (1,050 ft/s)
Effective range 200 m
Feed system 64-round helical magazine
32-round box magazine

I have no response on my L86 lmg, since it wasd trumped by the best one evah.

The Mk14 Assault rifle stats.
Weight 11.24 lb (5.1 kg)[5]
Length 35 in (889 mm)[5]
Barrel length 18 in (457 mm)[5]
Cartridge 7.62x51mm NATO
Action Gas-operated, rotating bolt
Rate of fire 700–750 rounds/min
Muzzle velocity 853 m/s (2,800 ft/s)
Effective range 500 m (547 yd)
800+ m (875 yd) (with optics)
Feed system 10 or 20-round detachable box magazine
Sights Modified M14 iron sights, normally used with a magnifying scope.

The Model 1887 was trumped by my opponents choice of the AA-12. Yes a superior choice, but who can beat a classic??

My opponent has both failed to mention his assault rifle in his respond and anything to do with it. Therefore he has dropped it.

Your turn Pro.
bcresmer

Pro

U never mentioned your assault rifle in round 3, so I didn't have to argue about it. As I said in earlier rounds, The StG44 was the first ever assault rifle. It fires a bigger bullet then the Mk-14, and is full auto.

The CheyTac Intervention is an American bolt action sniper rifle manufactured by CheyTac LLC for long range soft target interdiction. It is fed by a detachable single stack magazine, which holds 7 rounds. It fires .408 CheyTac or .375 CheyTac ammunition. CheyTac papers state that the entire system is capable of delivering sub-MOA accuracy at ranges of up to 2,500 yards (2,300 m), one of the longest ranges of all modern-day sniper rifles.
^From the above text, you can see the Intervention is better then the Barrett .50cal. Also, the .50 cal was originally designed to be anti-vehicle.

Intervention
Weight 31 lb (14 kg) without scope (M-200)
Length 53 in (1.34 m) (stock extended), 46� in (1.18 m) (stock collapsed) (M-200)
Barrel length 29 (73.7 cm) in standard w/ 1:13 twist (M-200), 26 in (66 cm) optional.
Cartridge .408 CheyTac or .375 CheyTac
Action bolt action
Effective range
2000+ m - M-200
2000+ m - M-200 Carbine
1500+ m - M-200 CIV (Civilian)
1800+ m - M-310 SS (Single Shot) )
1800+ m - M-310 R (Repeater)
Feed system 7-round detachable box magazine
Sights day or night optics

FN P90
Weight 2.54 kg (5.60 lb) empty
2.68 kg (5.9 lb) empty magazine
3.0 kg (6.6 lb) loaded magazine

Length 500 mm (19.7 in)
Barrel length 263 mm (10.4 in)
Width 55 mm (2.2 in)
Height 210 mm (8.3 in)
Cartridge FN 5.7�28mm
Action Straight blowback, closed bolt
Rate of fire 900 RPM (rounds per minute)
Muzzle velocity 715 m/s (2,350 ft/s)
Effective range 200 m (219 yd)
Maximum range 1,800 m (1,969 yd)
Feed system 50-round detachable box magazine
Sights Tritium-illuminated reflex sight, back-up iron sights

As you can see, the P90 is the better submachine gun.

StG44
Weight 4.62 kg (10.2 lb) with empty magazine, 5.22 kg (11.5 lb) with loaded magazine
Length 940 mm (37 in)
Barrel length 419 mm (16.5 in)
Cartridge 7.92x33mm "Kurz", 8x33mm Kurz, (aka. 7.9mm Kurz or Pistolenpatrone 43)
Action Gas-operated, tilting bolt
Rate of fire 550-600 rounds/min
Muzzle velocity 685 m/s (2,247 ft/s)
Effective range 300 m (automatic) 600 m (semi-automatic)
Feed system 30-round detachable box magazine
Sights Adjustable sights, rear: V-notch; front: hooded post

As you can also see, I have proved that I have the better guns.
Vote Pro!
DevonNetzley

Con

Thank you for pointing out my error in r3. I have seemed to let that slip my mind. But as did you.

In my last post in r4 in the PP990M1's stats. It clearly states that in is infact lighter, when both loaded or empty. This actually negates your words. Even has superior ammunition capacity. As well as to mention a thinner choice. The lighter the better, therefor making the PP90M1 a better weapon for your close quarters battle.

For the assault rifle stats, both mine and yours. I prove a few things that can trump your choice.

My Mk-14 assult rifles length is 35 inches long, (889mm) resulting in a shorter weapon. Meaning better control. The Muzzle velocity is 853 m/s, (2800 ft/s) meaning faster bullets flying. Not to forget the effective range of 500m (547 yd) with optics make 800+m (875 yd). This gives an astounding 200-500m difference. That makes the MK-14 a much more effective rifle in combat. Proving that the MK-14 is better than the StG44.

As for the sniper rifle, yes your intervention does beat my barretta. Good one Pro.

As to mention my choice in the shotgun class. The model 1887 stats.
Weight 8 lbs. (3.6 kg)
Length 39� in. (997 mm)
Barrel length 20 in. (508 mm), 30 in. (762 mm)
Caliber 12-gauge, 10-gauge
Action Lever-action
Feed system 5 round tubular magazine
Sights front bead

Well thats that. I've made my points to the PP90M1 being lighter and the better choice for close quarters. As well as the MK-14 being the superior asault rifle over the StG44. Now it's up to the voters to decide the approprite winner.

Vote Con.
Posted by DevonNetzley 4 years ago
DevonNetzley
alright jellopants if you can't say anything nice don't say it. simple as that. and besides that i rarely play call of duty.
Posted by Jellopants 4 years ago
Jellopants
wow, what a waste...
Posted by DevonNetzley 4 years ago
DevonNetzley
yes it does it's just that the PP90M1 is lighter and has a higher ammo capacity
Posted by bcresmer 4 years ago
bcresmer
If the StG44 wasnt around, the Mk14 wouldnt have been invented. and the P90 has the better firing rate
Posted by DevonNetzley 4 years ago
DevonNetzley
crap in round two i forgot to list my sources. sorry con i am not trying to rip off any sites. like i said in r3 i had to change classes.
Posted by DevonNetzley 4 years ago
DevonNetzley
kk
Posted by bcresmer 4 years ago
bcresmer
I would just call the MK-14 the M-14 bc in mw3 its the year 2016 or something like tht
Posted by DevonNetzley 4 years ago
DevonNetzley
Whoa! This is gonna be fun.
Vote Placed by JakeBoatman96 4 years ago
JakeBoatman96
bcresmerDevonNetzleyTied
Reasons for voting decision: .
Vote Placed by Jellopants 4 years ago
Jellopants
bcresmerDevonNetzleyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Absolute waste of time. There was no initial contention. Pro did not set up the parameters for comparing weapons. Also, Pro continues say that the .480 Cheytac round is larger than the 50 BMG. This is totally false (also no sources). Not only that, but you two clowns need to stop playing call of duty and thinking you know what you're talking about, because you DO NOT. No points to anyone because nothing of worth was said.
Vote Placed by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
bcresmerDevonNetzleyTied
Reasons for voting decision: this debate turned into a wikipedia statistics war for each gun choice rather than head on comparisons between the two, making both arguments hard to read and not very convincing... sources were pretty even, conduct was fine, but grammar was an issue for the pro