Kingjames
PhoenixWright

Wearing school uniforms

Con Tied Pro

Kingjames

Con

No its just a way of getting parents to spend money on uneccessary clohes
PhoenixWright

Pro

I thank my opponent for raising this argument.

The opposing side states that "It is a waste of money of unnecessary clothes." However, what I believe is that this is false: wearing school uniforms will actually save money in the long run. Think about it: should we waste money on one set of clothing that will last us for a long time or should we waste money on multiple sets of clothing at high prices just to 'fit in?"

Also, wearing uniforms stops fights about 'fashion.' By letting everyone wear the same thing, it is very unlikely that a fight will break out about clothing between two people wearing the same thing.

Source: http://ezinearticles.com...

I look forward to a response from my opponent.
Kingjames

Con

My opponent states that it does save money, this is very wrong. Ive heard kids who have paid 500 dollars on school uniform for only, pants, slacks,polo,vest,blazer,skirt,sock etc. Now what if you brought regular clothing, remember stores do have sales on clothing, uniforms do not have sales. Another thing is that many boys love to wear their pants being that it is saggin. They still will do the same thing with the uniforms. The board of EDU acts like the kids will change their behavior because of uniforms. The boys are just going to not wear a belt so they can't hold it up to their waist. Girls on the other hand love to wear short skirts. All they would do with the uniform is roll it up so it can be short. The principal cant go down there to check if it is rolled up. Uniforms is just a waste of money and time to be wearing. Just let kids roam freely in school being proud of what they wear instead of being forced to wear what they dont want to. This is just a form of slavery. My opponent also stated that it would reduce fights, no it will not, There will be no change. Kids will still make fun of each other for wearing the same uniform over and over again. This will make the parent have to go out and buy different pairs of uniforms which leads to money.
PhoenixWright

Pro

I thank my opponent for responding, however I still stand by my point.

My opponent states that nothing changes; however, this is not true. It is beyond doubt that students are being assaulted and attacked for what they wear. A question for the audience; How many times have you seen a student attacked simply for what they wear? How many times have you seen a student robbed just for their shoes, or how many times have you seen students attacked because what they wear is a color of a gang? Having a uniform reduces this risk.

Second, I agree that stores on regular clothing do have sales, while uniform sales do not. But taking into account the fact that students will have to buy multiple sets of clothing, while it is possible to just buy one set of uniform and be done with it. Surely, these kinds of schools that charge $500 for uniform can only be a private school or a college, and this is the cost for a wide range of items here, which the opposition generously stated: "pants, slacks,polo,vest,blazer,skirt,sock etc."

Thirdly the argument involving the genders and what they do to the uniform I disagree with. It is a practice among a wide range of schools to check that uniform is worn correctly, irrespective of the gender involved. On the contrary, even if there were no uniform in some schools, the school would have put some kind of guideline or rule on what to wear for the two genders.

Lastly, and I am raising a new point here, however irrelevant, uniform, in an obscure way, teaches students about what is important in life. It helps them appreciate that it is not the clothes on your back that matters, it is the fact that you have clothes on you the first place.

Sources: http://ezinearticles.com...

I look forward to a rebuttal.
Kingjames

Con

Kingjames forfeited this round.
PhoenixWright

Pro

PhoenixWright forfeited this round.
Kingjames

Con

Kingjames forfeited this round.
PhoenixWright

Pro

PhoenixWright forfeited this round.
Posted by PhoenixWright 6 years ago
PhoenixWright
Haha well, it was my first debate so ill need to do better.
Posted by gavin.ogden 6 years ago
gavin.ogden
Wow, was that bad, or what? Good lord...
Posted by PhoenixWright 6 years ago
PhoenixWright
thanks dinokiller, but we will have to see.
Posted by dinokiller 6 years ago
dinokiller
It seems phoenix wright has won the debate...
Vote Placed by gavin.ogden 6 years ago
gavin.ogden
KingjamesPhoenixWrightTied