chloechloe16
YYW

Wearing underwear is not necessary.

YYW
Started: 10/3/2014 Category: Fashion

chloechloe16

Pro

Round one is for acceptance only.
Round two is for making opening arguments.
Round three is for rebuttals.
Round four is for further rebuttal and conclusion.
YYW

Con

chloechloe16

Pro

chloechloe16 forfeited this round.
YYW

Con

Aw, come on... underwear is totally necessary.

Underwear is equivalent to undergarments. Undergarments are, according to Wikipedia:

"Undergarments are clothes worn under other clothes, often directly next to the skin, but may comprise more than one layer. They keep outer garments from being soiled by bodily secretions and discharges, shape the body, and provide support for parts of it. In cold weather, long underwear is sometimes worn to provide additional warmth. Special types of undergarments have religious significance. Some items of clothing are designed as undergarments, while others, such as T-shirts and certain types of shorts, are appropriate both as undergarments and as outer clothing. If made of suitable material, some undergarments can serve as nightwear or swimsuits, and some are intended for erotic effect."

Wikipedia explains that "Undergarments are generally of two types, those that are worn to cover the torso and those that are worn to cover the waist and legs, though garments which cover both also are available. Different styles of undergarments are generally worn by women and men. Undergarments commonly worn by women today include brassieres and panties (known in the United Kingdom as knickers), while men often wear briefs or boxers. Items commonly worn by both sexes include T-shirts, sleeveless shirts (also called singlets or tank tops), bikini underwear, thongs, and G-strings."

Various religions have special undergarments: For example, (1) Judaism. "To conform with societal dress codes, the tallit katan is often worn beneath the shirt." (2) Mormonism. "Following their endowment in a temple, Mormons wear special temple garments which help them to remember the teachings of the temple." (3) Sikhism. "One of the five articles of faith (panj kakaar) worn by Sikh men and women is a certain style of underpants similar to boxer shorts and known as the kachera." (4) Zoroastrianism. "Zoroastrians wear an undershirt called a Sedreh that is fastened with a sacred girdle around the waist known as a Kushti."

Underwear comes in various kinds for men and women:

Both men and women wear bikinis, g-strings and thongs which some regard as partircurlarly attractive. For purposes of this debate, I will reserve judgement -other than to say that briefs and boxer briefs are what I'm especially fond of seeing guys wear. Women's underwear is totally boring so I'm going to skip that. Just kidding. I know not everyone is gay... So, let's go garment by garment.

Bikinis - women, old gay men and creepily over muscled male body builders wear these. I guess they're ok on women, if you're into that sort of thing. They look unnatural on men though. I don't care who you are. No man should ever wear a bikini. It's a reflection of steroid use or perversion. Some underwear may be necessary, but not this. Although if you're a girl on a beach, you've got to have something! Bikini's seem to be the garment of choice, and to avoid arrest for public indecency in most beaches in America, bikini's are therefore necessary. America, land of the prudes.

G-strings - women, creepy gay men and transvestites might wear these. I guess if you were born a dude and it didn't feel right, this would be a good stepping stone to make the transition to more effeminate underwear like thongs... although they make those for men too. These might not be necessary, for anyone... ever. Unless you're a stripper, and your career literally depends on your ability to shake (and I assume perform other bodily maneuvers to amass tips) one's money maker. For those people, g strings are totally necessary. I say 'people' because go-go boys dress in g-strings at gay bars too.

Thongs - I remember in high school, when girls thongs used to rise up over their waistbands guys would go wild over them. I never saw the attraction, but I guess some people get off to that? Straight guys are so pervvy. I can't imagine how a thong is comfortable, or why on earth anyone would ever want to wear one... but maybe do drive those pervvy boys wild? Omg if bsh1 and I ever have a daughter, I don't know what we're going to do. I can tell all of you right now that he'll be the one having that conversation. #awkward. Clearly, to the extent that girls want to drive pervvy boys crazy thongs are necessary.

Long underwear - intended to insulate the body from cold in those winter months. It is also cute when guys wear long underwear in the winter, but I digress. I live in a place where it snows, a lot, in the winter. The wind blows, and baby it gets cold outside! *That song from that movie plays* Unless you want to freeze, wearing long underwear is necessary. I've even done it under a suit. #noshame.

Women's underwear: (boring)

I'd be remise if I didn't mention this, but if women don't wear bras, their breasts will sag over time. Some people claim that that's not the case, and they are liars.

Boy shorts are fairly enigmatic in the regime of women's underwear, because no boy (well, unless he was into wearing women's underwear - which I understand from my human sexuality class in college that many heterosexual guys are) would ever wear them, unless he's got a fetish for that sort of thing. So, they're sort of necessary in that limited case.

Panties are like the ultimate 'girly' underwear which means that they are the least interesting to me. I have nothing more to say. They're necessary for hygiene reasons, if you care about that sort of thing.

Men's underwear:

FINALLY!

Boxer briefs are pretty much the sexiest kind of underwear out there for guys, other than briefs, of course. Skin tight is what counts, after all. Revealing, but not too revealing. Some men buy underwear made of synthetic material. I don't understand this, because it doesn't breathe properly. Cotton is the way to go, and cotton is also more hygienic. Cotton boxer briefs or briefs are necessary because I said so. That's right. I say so. Totally sufficient reason there.

Boxer shorts are probably the more conventional kind of underwear for guys, because they're about as close to free-balling as you can get without free balling. They're comfortable in the summer, but that's it. In the winder, when the wind blows right through you... you don't want that wind to blow through your underwear too... and many guys who wear boxers are hot, but they're just not scandalous enough. If, however, you want conservative underwear that's not skin tight, then these are totally necessary.

I'll get into more specific kinds of underwear and why they're necessary in the next round...

Source:

All quoted text from this website:

chloechloe16

Pro

chloechloe16 forfeited this round.
YYW

Con

We have already established that for men and women wearing underwear is necessary. So, in some cases, wearing underwear is necessary. The resolution is negated as it stands... but let's broaden the focus beyond men and women.

In various parts of Asia, there is a disturbing new trend: dressing dogs in pantyhose.

The DailyMail, England's preeminent news authority,* reports that "Most of the pooches in the 'doggy boudoir' photos are depicted laying down with their hind legs clothed in sheer black pantyhose pointed at the camera. One pet owner apparently even rouged the fur on 'cheeks' of her red Chow Chow dressed in black tights. Some online users took the trend a step farther, like one owner who decided to spice up the photo shoot by putting black leather stilettos on her two Labradors."

Refer to link for images: http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

Clearly, pet owners have a thing for dressing their dogs in women's undergarments... so to the extent that people get off on that sort of thing, it's necessary.

roflmao

There are also certain trends in underwear, that are worth noting.

ViralNova, which is clearly a reputable source, lists (1) glow in the dark underwear, (2) bras made of birds, (3) light up underwear, (4) underwear made from aluminum cans, (5) lego underwear, (6) fart absorbing underwear, (7) underwear made of beef jerky, (8) 3d underwear, (9) bacon underwear, and (10) computer chip underwear as coming into vogue.

Kinky stuff there.

http://www.viralnova.com...

But, all joking aside... there are some kinds of underwear that are medically necessary.... others that satisfy our most perverted desires... and others yet that just make wearing pants more comfortable.

Clearly, underwear is necessary.

*I kid. I kid.
chloechloe16

Pro

chloechloe16 forfeited this round.
Posted by amelieaska 7 months ago
amelieaska
It's not necessary to wearing underwear because the different peoples are different taste. But sometimes peoples wear cloth that fill like underwear. I have Lorna Jane brand clothes and when we wear these brand clothes, then no need to wear underwear because it's very comfortable and if you want to see that brand you can install up in your Mobile. https://itunes.apple.com...
Posted by mgwillardmatthew 1 year ago
mgwillardmatthew
the only people wearing panties,thong,gstrin is women
Posted by xXCryptoXx 2 years ago
xXCryptoXx
Wow. That was gold.
Posted by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
ESocialBookworm
Hopefully.
Posted by YYW 2 years ago
YYW
The next round is going to be increasingly interesting. I hope my opponent makes a return.
Posted by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
ESocialBookworm
"They look unnatural on men though. I don't care who you are. No man should ever wear a bikini. It's a reflection of steroid use or perversion. Some underwear may be necessary, but not this. Although if you're a girl on a beach, you've got to have something! Bikini's seem to be the garment of choice, and to avoid arrest for public indecency in most beaches in America, bikini's are therefore necessary. America, land of the prudes."
Posted by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
ESocialBookworm
"Cotton boxer briefs or briefs are necessary because I said so. That's right. I say so. Totally sufficient reason there."
Posted by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
ESocialBookworm
Posted by bsh1 2 years ago
bsh1
"Boxer briefs are pretty much the sexiest kind of underwear out there for guys."

^ This. So much this.
Posted by Gods_Servant 2 years ago
Gods_Servant
hmmm very interesting i belive i shall watch this
Vote Placed by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
ESocialBookworm
chloechloe16YYWTied
Reasons for voting decision: "Cotton boxer briefs or briefs are necessary because I said so. That's right. I say so. Totally sufficient reason there."
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
chloechloe16YYWTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by bsh1 2 years ago
bsh1
chloechloe16YYWTied
Reasons for voting decision: As Con aptly notes: "I win."