jedieglet
michael90000

Weed Should Be Legalized every were

jedieglet

Pro

I think weed should be legal argue me.
michael90000

Con

I accept the challenge. I will argue against the legalization of weed.
jedieglet

Pro

i think it should be legalzed because it keeps people out of jail and then my tax dollars wont go toward a new jail because of over population.
michael90000

Con

I will assume "weed" as the following definition:
"Cannabis, heroin, cocaine, marijuana, or any other drug that are illegal in most U.S. states and is extremely addictive."

- Legalization of drugs on crime
My opponent asserts that legalizing drugs would keep people out of jail, I assume he is stating that the legalization of drugs would reduce crime. This is not true, however, but that the legalization of drugs do not reduce crime in any way, as reported by the police department and its recorded statistics.[1] First of all, most people who consume drugs do not get caught doing so, which therefore takes out any effectiveness legalization has on reducing crime. Several years ago, as stated by the police department, that in 1987, out of approximately 25 million people who consumed weed, only about 350,000 arrests were made. Other studies were made which proves that weed do not relate to crime in any way. Therefore, weed does not in any way, correlate with crime.

- Public health concerns
Weed has led people to be more aggressive when intoxicated. Weed damages and impacts the body and brain of an individual. This will not just only threaten themselves, but threaten the people around him and the welfare of the society he lives in. Many proponents of weed legalization has asserted that weed is no different than alcohol consumption. However, out of hundreds of millions of Americans who consume alcohol, 85% rarely at all become intoxicated, compared to weed users who become easily intoxicated.[1] This proves that weed do cause a decrease in public health for the society.
- Legalized drugs exploit people in poverty
The legalization of weed will, without doubt, have current weed users easily influence others who are in poverty stay in poverty since weed or cannabis destroys all sorts of motivation. Additionally, children in schools are easily influenced and more children will begin to consume weed if we legalize it.

In conclusion, the legalization of weed would decrease public health by a dramatic rate and exploit children in schools and people in poverty. I would also like to state that the legalization of drugs do not in any case, reduce crime.

1: http://www.policechiefmagazine.org...
jedieglet

Pro

jedieglet forfeited this round.
michael90000

Con

Posted by druminboy918 3 years ago
druminboy918
He missed one word... @PatriotPerson ... your face is horrendous, CHILD
Posted by PatriotPerson 3 years ago
PatriotPerson
Your grammar is horrendous, child.
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
Can I be of the resolution that it should be legalized on a state by state basis?