Realizething123
hawkeye_bob

Weed should be legal and also for cancer patient .

Realizething123

Pro

Growing up some people or should issue kid was label add or ADHD . They were given adderoll . That a drug a bad one at that lasted year it killed 31,110 people .alcohol linked death 75,000 . Cigar and cigarettes kill evey year 440,000 . They by 2030 8 million people might die . But that a guess . If it was legal the government can tax on it like they do with alcohol or cigar or cigarettes . And they can I. D the people they would have to be the age of 21 year of age . And the kills with devoting minds don't get of hold of weed only 21 years of age group to the age 100 years etc. I think it a right of American they to make there choice . Water can kill you if you drink to much . Enough said if water a need and if u drink to much of it is bad . Same rule applies to everything etc .
hawkeye_bob

Con

I think this is quite an interesting position to take as the core of your argument can be summarized by, "if other greater evils exist, then a lesser evil can persist." But, how do we measure the means of which is more evil than the other? Most will use a "barometer of death" to weigh the greater evil and, as you"ve demonstrated, this "barometer" satisfies your inquiry into the degreed evils of vice. I don"t care to fact check your statistic of deaths linked to alcohol and tobacco as the number is arbitrary for the purpose of this debate; we both agree that the aggregate of deaths from alcohol and tobacco are far higher than the handful of deaths attributed to impairment by THC. However, is this "barometer" an efficient and effective measure to make policy? Marijuana abuse may only lend to a dozen deaths a year but that doesn"t necessarily construct a sound argument for its legalization. Currently marijuana is classified as a Controlled I Substance and, in my opinion, the largest criticism this continual reauthorization of this classification receives is a result of the third and last criterion of requirement to be listed as a Controlled I Substance: "the drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States." We know this not to be true, science tells us that. THC has been proven to reduce nausea in chemotherapy recipients; dull pain, and in some cases, better than opiates; reduce the amount of seizures and sporadic anxious brain activity; and spur appetite. Yet with marijuana"s vast list of medicinal uses its still classified as a Scheduled I drug. How can this be? I"ll tell you. Firstly: Marinol. It is a drug whose derivative stems from THC, and because we are limited to 5000 words, but mostly because I"m not a chemical engineer, I can"t intimately describe the in-depth process of producing Marinol. However, as it was "to make a long story short," Marinol is essentially all of the medicinal perks of THC without the impairment or euphoria. Secondly and lastly, there are two other criterions that seem to be virtually untouched by the critics of marijuana"s classification as a Schedule I substance:
1. The drug has a high potential for abuse
2. There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision
No one seems to argue that, even as the tightest regulated controlled substance, marijuana isn't the most abused drug in America. Because, you can"t. Because it is, which means it overwhelmingly meets the requirements for "high potential for abuse." Anecdotally, 1 should satisfy 2, because I can"t tell you how many time I"ve heard "yo, you have to try this bombass bud, bro " my buddy has a medicinal license in Cali and sold me half!!" However, in the larger scheme of policy making given the high propensity and rate of marijuana abuse I viscerally feel that 1 will satisfy 2 every time.
Realizething123

Pro

Well we both looking at in to different opinion on it . Now alcohol you drink you shouldn't be driving people still do that .now the reason Mariol you were talk about yes it has some extract of weed in it but it not the same thing it does have the Cbv. Weed in the natural form is good . Now my alcohol and tabocco reference come from google and yes admit should have gone deeper on the research but still weed not really a evil substance . A person who has ms doesn't get the same effect from weed like a normal person does . I know this going off topic but who you can understand we're am coming from the point of debate is to see both view point not to be hard headed try to mudsling . The reason weed ban it for tax purposes and companies wouldn't want legal cause you can make gas , clothes, rope etc. alcohol is legal because people get tax from and if we can learn some from alcohol prohabition era how many people did it crime gos up any age can get it and get it accessible to them don't be blind to the fact are kid in are country go school and buys it . I know that if they were to make legal 21 years age to get it. But since I know it not going to be legal any time soon they make it for the cancer patient cause marol it not as effect as weed they have done the study . This America home of the free here drink ur beer and smoke your cigs but don't smoke weed cause it a class a drug even though it not addicted to it . The reason they say there a a lot of addict is because a cop pulls you over you to jail then court then they tell do you want to go to prison for 1 year or go to rehab . Your to pick rehab over the harsh time . Your against this topic cause your told all your life it bad but how many death you seen from weed? No deaths . The worst thing to tell your kids when growing weed the worst cause then they try and say that not bad they lied then they try the hard drugs . Nixon ran a test on monkeys and said it kills brain cells. But what they tell you the monkey didn't get any oxygen.
hawkeye_bob

Con

hawkeye_bob forfeited this round.
Realizething123

Pro

I thing people need to read more on laws cause marol is only there cause they can't tax natural thing harshly . Cause they can't patten it.
hawkeye_bob

Con

I feel stupid for missing my last round. I'm sorry. But in conclusion. I think I speak words of wisdom. The pharma industry has produced a prescription drug that is derived from THC, thus poking holes right in argument that "smoking marijuana has medicinal properties." Furthermore, weed is currently the number one most abused illegal drug in this country, and through numerous studies aptly defined as a "gateway drug." Viscerally speaking, allowing a greater access to a drug that ostensibly leads to more drug use is never a good idea.