InGodwetrust33
Siladheil

Welfare Should Be Dissolved or Heavily Regulated

InGodwetrust33
Started: 6/4/2014 Category: Economics

InGodwetrust33

Pro

I know that I am not the only one who feels this way. To be honest there are probably more people who have the same opinions, but they may be hesitant to voice them for fear of ridicule from those who do wrong and feel they are right. My response to that is to consider the source. Who but someone so ignorant, selfish, and lazy would make those kinds of comments? Let's not get into their choice of rhetoric, which for some is just a representation of no education, no common sense, or morality.
The bottom line is the Welfare System should be dissolved or heavily regulated because no one should be able to sit on their duff and collect a check while others are out earning their money. Also, no one who is on welfare should be banking more than someone who is trying to support their family! That's completely wrong and welfare abuse is in every race, in case someone wants to call me a bigot or racist. NO, I am actually just speaking the truth and exercising my constitutional rights. Sorry but the constitution does not protect anyone's feelings. If it offends you, get over it, or do something about it. If you're on welfare, you either failed yourself or you did not step up to the plate when you should have and are reaping what you sow. You're also making others look bad who don't want to be on this assistance, but truly have to be because of illness, injury, or elderly. You're stealing from them as well as those who work for the money they have.
Welfare abuse is happening everywhere if it's happening in your community or you are guilty of doing it then you should listen that gut feeling that says to stop.
I'm tired of paying for it, and I'm tired of feeling like I have to walk on egg shells around people with that mentality that they are owed something or that they shouldn't have to work. Who are you, and what makes you so important and special that you are exempt from the foundation this country was established on...hard work!
I guarantee that this will stop, and the more people talk about it, the better chance it has at either being done away with, or people with have the option of having their money go to better and more constructive programs.
Siladheil

Con

I accept your debate. Thank you for presenting it!

My apologies, I missed a very important piece of information that you had witten when I first read your initial argument. I was going to make a point that not everyone on welfare wants to be there. I was going to use my grandmother as an example. She is a 65 year old woman who, having been dealt a pretty bad hand, is forced to live on welfare throughout the remainder of her years. She would love to not be on welfare, but has no choice in the matter. I wholeheartedly agree with Pro.

It sickens me to see people buy food with food stamps or their ebt card and at the cash register pull out a phone thats better than mine, they're wearing Jordans, a $75 pair of jeans, all followed with a strong feeling of self entitlement!

However I do feel for single mothers/fathers who are on welfare that are doing everything they can to make ends meet. I'm sure they didn't make great life decisions leading up to that point, but they're in the situation that they're in and there's nothing anyone can do to change it. I believe that they should be given a hand to help them out!

In my mind I can see situtations where welfare is necessary. A father gets fired through a misunderstanding and is unable to draw unemployment and then is no longer able to support his wife and child. I'm sorry that I accepted this debate without first reading your entire argument.
InGodwetrust33

Pro

I'm completely agreeing with you on that, and I should make it clear that not everyone is abusing the welfare system. However, I do feel that if the system were regulated better your example would not have to worry because the screening process would find no fault in their situation.
There has just got to be either a change in the system or it needs to be dissolved in favor of public works which would be about getting people jobs and thus helping them to make ends meet better. I can't really say I'm debating you on this because that is where we both agree: a change needs to happen. I am just in favor of anything that will improve the situation from what is now and that's too much money is being spent on people who don't try to get out of the hole.
You and I pay for it with every tax dollar.
Siladheil

Con

How do I forfeit rounds?
My apologies pro for wasting your debate!
InGodwetrust33

Pro

I don't think that there is really much to debate about in this argument. The welfare system isn't working because it's hurting our economy terribly. Money is being put into an organization that is meant to help people improve their situation until they can take care of themselves. Unfortunately, it's backfired and there in lies the root of my frustration.

Understand, I'm not one to sugarcoat anything, and if it offends someone to read this then I'm sure you will get over it. The only people this will probably offend are those who are guilty of taking tax dollars and buying nail and hair jobs, lottery tickets, beer, candy, anything that the money is not meant to go to be used for. It's got to be the lowest way to live one's life depending or worse expecting for someone else to take care of you and your kids. That makes the situation even sadder because now you have kids that don't even care about their education because they know the welfare system and how to work it better than they know how to read or to multiply two digit numbers.

If that's you and you're doing that to your kids then you ought to be ashamed because like Ryan said there are generations upon generations of people who are being raised to not "think about or care about working." It's not racist or anything, so stop with the complaining that it is. Congressional Black Caucus, if you had said that you expected an apology from that then you would have been out of luck. I was raised to stand up for what I believe and to try to help to make a difference in this world. I'm not one to sit back and let people (not all but many) rob the tax payers of their money just so they can be lazy and ignorant and be proud of it. I'm sorry, the world doesn't and should never work that way.

The truth hurts sometimes, so if it makes some people angry it's because they know they're responsible for it and should stop it. I guarantee there is change coming and it will be very tough for those who are so used to having it easy to experience what it means to work and to make something of yourself besides a couch potato who is uninvolved with your child both in school and at home or who spends more time ranting and raving about your food stamps being cut off than you do going out to find a job to support those blessings you were given. Grow up and start taking care of your own business. I and I know for sure that America is done with paying for the sluggards and for those who manipulate and deceive to get what they want or they feel they are entitled to. None of us are entitled to anything. Our very breath is a gift from God.

Before anyone decides to hit me with the (it's not everyone, and some need that assistance) I am fully aware of that and am only calling out those who are working the system for their own personal gain.
Siladheil

Con

Bump
Vote Con! :p
Posted by Siladheil 2 years ago
Siladheil
dude... why did you make the voting period so long o.O
Posted by tttcomrader 2 years ago
tttcomrader
You should define what is heavily regulated means... List the regulations that you agree with and Pro will have the BOP in defending them... Then I will accept the debate.
Posted by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
Well, which one is it?! Should it be dissolved or heavily regulated? The only possible position Con can take is that it should be lightly regulated or kept as is. Without clarification, it's going to be a hard win for Con. I would argue against Welfare being dissolved, but agree that it should be heavily regulated.
Posted by iamanatheistandthisiswhy 2 years ago
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
I am not sure anyone can debate this topic. Any argument Con gives you could just say "that's part of the heavy regulation."

As such this debate is a clear win in its current format.
Posted by InGodwetrust33 2 years ago
InGodwetrust33
I brain burped there and thanks for the comment.
Posted by KhalifV 2 years ago
KhalifV
I think he has chosen the wrong side. The motion is: welfare should be dissolved or regulated. He has chosen the con, so his position is it should not be dissolved or heavily regulated.
Posted by Dilara 2 years ago
Dilara
I agree with con 100%.
Vote Placed by Lightningstar 2 years ago
Lightningstar
InGodwetrust33SiladheilTied
Reasons for voting decision: Welfare is a terribly under managed system.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
InGodwetrust33SiladheilTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff//concession
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
InGodwetrust33SiladheilTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession from Con in R2. Conduct was even throughout, as was S&G. Sources were not utilized by either side.