TheBloodyScot
Luggs

Welfare is a Communistic Idea.

TheBloodyScot

Pro

The first round to accept.
The second round is to post your ideas.
The third round is to debunk your ideas.
The fourth round is to come to a conclusion.
Luggs

Con

I accept, though I think you should specify some rules. Looking forward to my first debate on the site!
TheBloodyScot

Pro

Communism is the Idea that people works and everybody shares the benefits. Through welfare, I as a working person, have to pay for those who don't to work or be productive.
Luggs

Con

Pro said: Communism is the Idea that people works and everybody shares the benefits.
First of all: work*. Remember that spelling and grammar are important on this site.

Pro said: Through welfare, I as a working person, have to pay for those who don't to work or be productive.
You do not pay the welfare. As a taxpayer, money you own that would have gone to something is going to something else, so your taxes would not be affected, and neither would the money you spend.

Welfare can be thought of as a sort of assistance by the government, kind of like teachers helping you out when you have trouble in school. Communism is rather the idea that no social classes exist. I do think, though, that someone must be on the search for a job or already have one in order to qualify for welfare, which would balance out the system.

P.S.: I still suggest you give rules, at least put them in the comments.
TheBloodyScot

Pro

It is the fact that it is misused that makes it communistic. There are people who don't work; they just live off the system. If it worked, it wouldn't be communism, but since it doesn't work it is communistic. As for the money going to something else, I would rather have my money go towards teachers, law enforcement, and public safety. Welfare is under the idea of "Spread the Wealth" which, basically, is communism.
Luggs

Con

You have just lost the debate. The debate is about whether the idea of welfare is communistic, but you said that if it worked, it wouldn't be communistic, meaning that the idea itself is not communistic. The idea of communism isn't really around the basis of spreading wealth, but rather giving those who live in poverty equal opportunity to those living rich lives.
TheBloodyScot

Pro

There is a difference from what it should be and what it is. It is a communistic idea because it spreads the wealth from those who have earned it to those who haven't. It should be a insurance for people in-between jobs. Enphasis on "in-between jobs" meaning that the person has a goal of getting a job.
Luggs

Con

Pro said: It is a communistic idea because it spreads the wealth from those who have earned it to those who haven't.
Regardless, this wealth would have been taken away from those who have it regardless of whether welfare existed or not, so maybe you would like to debate taxes as they are also a redistribution of wealth (from taxpayers to government). I agree on your point where it should be a form of insurance for people in between jobs, but there really isn't a way to check (at least, not easily), which is unfortunate. However you are currently not debating whether the idea of welfare is communistic, but rather the effects it has, meaning you are going off-topic. This debate is now over. Vote Con!
Posted by Luggs 4 years ago
Luggs
Anyways, the comments aren't the place for debate.
Posted by TheBloodyScot 4 years ago
TheBloodyScot
We do have education (that is running out of money) we do have firefighters (which are running out of money) ect. the list is endless, where is all our money going?
Posted by Luggs 4 years ago
Luggs
That isn't something you should really expect from the government.
Posted by TheBloodyScot 4 years ago
TheBloodyScot
I give my money to government in return for something, weather it be my protection, of for my education.
Posted by Luggs 4 years ago
Luggs
Some debates have different rules, like analogies, personal attacks, etc.
Posted by TheBloodyScot 4 years ago
TheBloodyScot
I kind of thought that was a given.
Posted by Luggs 4 years ago
Luggs
Plagiarizing, you know, just read other debates. You'll see examples.
Posted by TheBloodyScot 4 years ago
TheBloodyScot
What do you mean by rules?
Vote Placed by Stephen_Hawkins 4 years ago
Stephen_Hawkins
TheBloodyScotLuggsTied
Reasons for voting decision: The fuck did I just read?
Vote Placed by Smithereens 4 years ago
Smithereens
TheBloodyScotLuggsTied
Reasons for voting decision: This was a rather failed debate, and thus my votes are split.