Knight
Shadowguynick

Welfare

Shadowguynick
Started: 8/6/2013 Category: Economics

Knight

Pro

Personally i believe that the welfare system for its creation time was pretty brilliant and that it would be an excellent system if it were not abused by the American Citizens who in my belief are corrupt and extremely lazy and not patriotic. If the very few that actually needed help from the welfare system only used it that would mean that the employment rate would be way up but that sad truth is that it wont be because people feel that if they make more money off of welfare than a real job that they would have to work in regardless the hours. Though seeing that there is a groove in the welfare system letting people slide and just stay on it. I mean for pete sakes there are so many lawyers and people who are corrupt that say oh goodness my back i have back problems and for those of you that don't know, saying you have back problems is one of the things doctors can't disprove. So our government takes American Citizens hard earned money through taxes to give to those who are truly capable of working so they may afford nicer things than those who work ten hours a day. So i would propose that there be a much stricter circumstances for welfare and there would be very strict regulations and tests you would have to pass before you would be able to take money out of the working peoples pocket. So even though the system needs to be tweaked a bit i do feel that it could be very safe and efficient if looked after properly and only used for those who truly cant find a job and their children stomachs are empty to where they need money to make sure their family is safe. That would be exceptable.
Shadowguynick

Con

As I have not received an answer from my opponent, I will not present any arguments. However I would like to ask that my opponent provide sources that back his claim, specifically:
1. Only few people use welfare for the right reasons.
2a. You can claim disability from back pains
2b. That a lot of people use this to claim disability
3. That the average worker earns less than an unemployed welfare recipient
If you could find me some sources backing this up then that would be much appreciated. If not I will post my arguments next round.
Knight

Pro

Knight forfeited this round.
Shadowguynick

Con

My opponent forfeited. I don't really feel like debating, unless he shows up next round. If he does, then I'll present my argument, but at this point it is somewhat pointless.
Knight

Pro

Knight forfeited this round.
Shadowguynick

Con

I wanted to have a great debate, but my opponent seems busy. I should get conduct points then.
Posted by Shadowguynick 3 years ago
Shadowguynick
Is the first round acceptance only?
Vote Placed by Chapule 3 years ago
Chapule
KnightShadowguynickTied