Poe-vahkiin
wowwhatwhy

We're Not Helping The Planet, No Matter How Hard We Try

Poe-vahkiin

Pro

Though we can turn to more environmentally friendly ways of living our lifestyle, we cannot save the planet. We, to this planet, are merely a bad case of termites in a tree. We can destroy it, but it will rebuild. Even if we damage this metaphorical tree to the state of decay, it will help revitalize a tree that will grow in its place.
Far after our species is extinct, all of our buildings will be gone. Our streets, our creations, everything that we made will be used as fertilizer for the planet. We can build this illusion that we are helping the planet, but we need it more than it needs us. It does not need us. We are a mere hindrance. Earth will rebuild, but it must eliminate the problem first. After we have destroyed the surface of this Earth, it will counter act, and eliminate the minor threat. Us.
wowwhatwhy

Con

My opponent would tell you that we are not helping the planet, no matter how hard we try. "The planet" that my opponent is referring to is identified to be "this Earth".

Now if you read through my opponent's argument in Round 1 what you will find is that he/she/it lists a variety of ways in which we are helping the planet to increase its atmospheric temperature and become barren and inhospitable for any and all life forms.

This opponent of mine would also have you believe that it is a hindrance to the planet to foster widespread global warming and deforestation but it is the very opposite. the planet was previously going to last far longer in the healthy, natural state that it once was but thanks to our help and the gradual determination with which we have tirelessly given our blood, sweat and tears to help this planet on its journey to lifelessness that all of its rival sin the universe have achieved long ago, we have finally helped it.
Poe-vahkiin

Pro

In my previous argument, I carelessly forgot to specify that the planet I am referring to is Earth. Though it is implied, I apologize. Though I do think we have definitely caused significant damage, and we may not be able to much about it, I do not believe it is a lost cause. As stated before, this planet does not need us. We cannot help it, nor can we harm it. An excellent example is the panda. We feel the need to extend its species time on this Earth. We are merely ignorant, and cannot realize that species are born to become extinct. The only reason we strive to keep them alive is because we like them. If it were an animal of nuisance, we would help exterminate it. We do not help nature, we do not help the planet. We can only make the planet more suitable for our needs while we still reside on it.
wowwhatwhy

Con

My opponent fails to understand that the panda devours bamboo and keeping it from being extinct is a great way to ensure bamboo doesn't over-populate the Earth. Bamboo grows meters per day at times, and is a very tough and hard plant to wipe out by any natural means.

This planet is being helped to gradually wipe out all its life, rather than jus tone species at a time, which would mean the prey of predators can then overpopulate and live which is bad.

Mercury is lifeless, Venus is lifeless, Mars is supposedly lifeless (although deemed to have not been in the past) and so are all other planets. Earth is like the kid in the class of planets that everyone knows is too slow to keep up with the course but just lets it be because bullying something so helpless just feels wrong and would be a waste of energy since the Sun (teacher)'s gravitational pull (discipline) is too powerful to resist the force of. The Earth is trying to be a rebel and not be lifeless and humans are helping it on its way gradually and strategically.
Poe-vahkiin

Pro

If your argument is that Earth is the odd one out, and is, metaphorically, the kid in class that works at a slower pace, how do you know Earth is the slowest? Earth has areas that contain similar landscapes to that of other planets, but is hospitable for life as well. The main point of the topic is our pathetic attempt to right our wrongs by turning off light-bulbs when we leave the room. My point is, what we say is helping, isn't helping. As for the panda, bamboo is being tried for fuel usage. We understand we may not save the panda, and are attempting to control the bamboo overgrowth through using it as fuel or otherwise.
wowwhatwhy

Con

My opponent's argument is very much like a vagina and mine very much like a penis.

I am pleasing his/her/its argument by penetrating it and ripping it apart and my opponent is loving every second of their vagina being torn to shreds by my powerful counterarguments, sorry I meant to say penis but then got confused which was the fake and real thing in this metaphor.

It was a pleasure to have this debate... Sexually I mean. Wait, no I don't that was just a metaphor, or was the metaphor a metaphor of a metaphor? No, it was definitely just a metaphor.

Earth has too much life, poor little retard planet, we're helping it the best we can to stop this disease but there's only so much that we can do.