MarlonWrightW
Rayze

Were the human writers of the Bible inspired by God?

Rayze

MarlonWrightW

Pro

The human writers of the Bible were inspired by God. There are various proofs to prove it. The writers were from different places but had written the same thing. This is the most wonderful thing to note.
Rayze

Con

I accept this debate and may the better debater win.
Also I ask the voters not to vote bomb this debate based on beliefs.

Since Pro has the burden of proof he must show proof that God inspired the writers of the bible.

Arguments:

Considering how the Abrahamic bible uses stories from various religions far older than Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, the writers were not inspired by "God", but by mythologies of the what the Abrahamic religions consider pagans. (The Egyptian mythology, Mesopotamian mythology, other Anatolian myths and legends, etc.)

MarlonWrightW

Pro

MarlonWrightW forfeited this round.
Rayze

Con

Rayze forfeited this round.
MarlonWrightW

Pro

MarlonWrightW forfeited this round.
Rayze

Con

This was bizarre, the system didn't notify me that it was my turn so I forfeited the round... seems like my opponent didn;t fare any better so please disregard this debate
Posted by MarlonWrightW 4 years ago
MarlonWrightW
I ask the Con of this debate explaining the example of his/her personal life.

"Since your dad had not conducted any medical test of your mom (before her marriage) in order to ascertain her virginity, I doubt the virginity of your mom. Please show the proof that your mom was a virgin (i.e. no man touched her before her marriage) just before marrying your dad and proof that, she is faithful to your dad after marriage.

Please note that, it will not applicable to me, neither to any other person. Because we want no proof for the virginity of our moms. Because we are sure, seeing all the activities, that our moms were virgins and now they are faithful to their husbands.

Therefore, we also don't accept just assumptions. And it is possible to have one assumption on your mom being a harlot as I explained above. Please don't mind. I expect proof from you about the virginity of your mom.
Posted by Rayze 4 years ago
Rayze
I am not here to prove or disprove the existence of a divine deity like the Abrahamic god, so you don't need to worry about. You can use religious scripture as sources since I will have to do the same to refute your contention.

However, the lack of proof would mean 3 things. 1) The resolution has been refuted. 2) The Bible's writers have been modifying old stories to conform to their beliefs and claiming it to be the word of god. & 3) Globalization has diffused ideas far before Humans can accept the idea that globalization is occurring.
Posted by MarlonWrightW 4 years ago
MarlonWrightW
I will post numbers of proofs for my argument. However, I ask the Con of this debate the following question :
"Is lack of proof implies the invalidity of a subject, i.e. should we believe someone only after he/she is proven?
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
MarlonWrightWRayzeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con at least tried to return to the debate (yes he wanted this disregarded, but that's still attendance).