rynix
Heineken

Werewolf's are better then Vampire's

Heineken

rynix

Pro

Ok before I get started this is my first time doing this so im not sure if I got this all right and Im not really good at being argumental but im willing to try.

Now the one im picking is werewolf's but vampire's are my favourite and I normally would choose them. So for now im going with werewolf's.
Just one rule go easy on me and I think I let my opponent go first on this.
Heineken

Con

What an interesting debate topic. While I'm obviously partial to the wolf, I eagerly agree to carry this burden:
  • Vampires are better than Werewolves

Opening Argument:

The werewolf is the logical anti-vampire. Almost every lore ever conceived has poised the two as natural enemies. Yet, it is quite apparent that the Vampire has several distinct advantages over the werewolf.

1. The Vampire is perpetual. Age will not consume this creature and even the most incredible physical damage can be recovered from. Indeed, in some lore, the Vampire can even recover from decapitation, if the severed body parts are soaked in a pool of blood.
  2. The Vampire can enthrall powerful bodyguards. The blood of a vampire is addictive to humans, and those who drink it become "ghouls", enthralled to the will of their master. Indeed, no human possesses the willpower to leave their Vampire master, after they have been enthralled. The human thralls posses supernatural strength, speed and healing abilities, granted them by the continued drinking of their master's blood.
  3. The Vampire becomes ever more powerful with age. While it could be argued that a young vampire would succumb to a werewolf attack, no single werewolf could hope to kill a veteran vampire. The older a vampire becomes, the more powerful it's innate abilities become. In fact, older vampires tend to manifest a large variety of abilities, such as flight, shape shifting, invisibility, teleportation through shadows, telepathy, faster than sound travel and the most devastating ability is the control over blood. Whether this is the blood bursting forth from the victims body, flowing like a slave to it's master, or if it's the blood boiling within the victims body, actively killing the creature it once sustained, nobody can hope to stand against such an ancient foe.
  4. Not all Vampires succumb to daylight. Dracula was free to walk in the sun, however, his powers left him during high noon, but only for a brief moment.

The werewolf is completely limited.

1. The werewolf is controlled by natural cycles and generally has no control over it's shift.
  2. The werewolf does not retain human intelligence, but rather becomes a ravenous beast.
  3. Humans generally forget what they did while in werewolf form. Post-shift amnesia.
  4. Werewolves do not become stronger with age. Arguably, older werewolves may exercise a modicum of control over their shift, becoming marginally disciplined in where and when they shift.
  5. Werewolves are slower than a newly created vampire.
  6. Werewolves heal slower than a newly created vampire.
  7. Silver allergies are pervasive in human and wolf form. Injuries sustained from silver heal at human rates.
  8. Werewolves age normally.
  9. Werewolves only survive in packs. Lone wolves are easily killed by veteran vampires.
Over to you....
rynix

Pro

So far I agree with you what's said but im not sure about vampires using healing abillities and powers.
This is what I have to say...
Werewolf's only appear once a month during the full moon which is the downside but I would say in human form
during the day they could trace down the vampires lair and probably kill them off before it get's dark which is also
the vampires weakness.
Even maybe they could take up a new profession to be a vampireslayer in the daytime.
Maybe just like van helsing out of the movie.

Now back to werewolf's at night they can be excellent hunters so they can hide in the bushes, trees, or just maybe
blend in with the darkness which vampires may not see them clearly.
And werewolf's are very quick and have alot of speed as for vampires they do not.
They just glide through the air like in twilight movies Very unrealistic also when they turn into bats.
Turning into bats is just fantasy I believe.

That's all
back to you
Heineken

Con

Pro claimed:" I'm not sure about vampires using healing abillities and powers."

Rebuttal: For your consideration, Vampire lore from the last 100 years of famous fiction [1]:
  • European Lore - Strength, Healing, Shape shifting, Poltergeist manipulation
  • North America - Immortality, Strength, Senses, Speed, Healing, Shape shifting, psychic
  • Bram Stoker - Immortality, Strength, Senses, Speed, Healing, Shape shifting, psychic, animal control
  • Nosferatu - Immortality, speed, shape shifting, telekinesis
  • Van Helsing - Immortality, Strength, Senses, Speed, Healing, Shape shifting, psychic, ignore gravity (wall walk)
  • Ann Rice - Immortality, Strength, Senses, Speed, Healing, psychic, pyrokinesis
  • True Blood - Immortality, Strength, Senses, Speed, Healing, Flight, Shape shifting, psychic
  • Vampire Hunter D - Immortality, Strength, Senses, Speed, Healing, Shape shifting, psychic
  • World of Darkness - Immortality, Strength, Senses, Speed, Healing, Shape shifting, psychic, blood manipulation, shadow manipulation, sound manipulation, flesh crafting, entrancing aura, invisibility,mind control
  • Dungeons and Dragons - Immortality, Strength, Senses, Speed, Healing, Shape shifting, psychic, ignore gravity (wall walk)
  • Marvel Comics - Immortality, Strength, Senses, Speed, Healing, Shape shifting, flight
  • Supernatural - Immortality, Strength, Senses, Speed, Healing, psychic
Pro argued: "Werewolf's only appear once a month during the full moon which is the downside but I would say in human form during the day they could trace down the vampires lair and probably kill them off before it get's dark which is also
the vampires weakness."

Rebuttal: Please note round one argument - Vampires create powerful day walking thralls.

Additionally, not all Vampires are harmed by daylight. Dracula is immune, World of Darkness has day walkers (thin bloods), and the state of "Golconda" (Vampire enlightenment) allows day walking as well. In True Blood, Vampires who consume Fey blood are immune to sunlight and the ancient Methuselah Vampire from clan Gangrel is WOD has a power called "Form of the Sun", in which he becomes sunlight.

Pro argued: Now back to werewolf's at night they can be excellent hunters so they can hide in the bushes, trees, or just maybe blend in with the darkness which vampires may not see them clearly.

Rebuttal: Please review the source [1]. Almost all Vampire lore grants supernatural senses to the Vampire. Additionally, in some lore the Vampire can smell the earth God "Gaia" emanating from the wolf. Hiding is impossible, unless you're outside of the zip code.

Pro stated: And werewolf's are very quick and have a lot of speed as for vampires they do not.

Rebuttal: Again, please view the source [1]. Almost all Vampires have supernatural speed. In WOD, the most disciplined Vampires break the sound barrier or leave trails of flame.

Pro remarked: They just glide through the air like in twilight movies Very unrealistic also when they turn into bats.

Rebuttal: Dear opponent. Twilight is not a horror genre series. It's a teen romance novel. Additionally, "non-realism" is the theme of the debate. The topic is on "lore" (i.e. stories). I hope I do not have to explain that we are talking fiction. Otherwise, this debate will get very awkward.

Over to you.

http://en.wikipedia.org... [1]
rynix

Pro

I think I understand what you said and also I agree with you.
Well I can not think of anything else so I guess you won this debate.
Heineken

Con

Pro forfeits. I'd like to thank my opponent for his honesty. Please finish the debate by typing "Forfeiture" in the remaining rounds, rather than letting the clock run out.

rynix

Pro

Forfeiture
Heineken

Con

Pro forfeits.
rynix

Pro

Forfeiture
Heineken

Con

Vote Con....
Posted by AtheistWerewolf 3 years ago
AtheistWerewolf
Werewolves are better for many reasons
1) Vampires have numerous weaknesses- garlic, wood, religious artefacts, fire, sunlight, silver, cannot cross running water and cannot cross a threshold uninvited. (Also can be killed in physical combat)
2) Werewolves only have one general and consistent weakness, Silver (As well as in physical combat), however their weakness silver is an even greater weakness for vampires, Christians believe that silver can kill and repel vampires due to how Judas stole some silver but if you're atheist like me then no worries because I have a better and older source Ancient Greece, Ambrogio, (the first vampire), said that the goddess Artemis cursed him (and all his future descendants) to NEVER touch her metal (silver) again, so vampires can't use any silver weapons (and it can be used to kill them)
3) Vampires' powers are always being exaggerated to suite modern fiction, they cannot move objects with their minds (Telekinesis), they cannot create half human-half vampires, they either turn someone or not, they don't possess telepathic powers to control people's minds and they can definitely not turn into mist or shape-shift into anything I'm sorry to ruin the bubble you're living in thinking that films like Dracula, Van Helsingr and that Twitshit series were NOT based on ANY historically accurate information just like you're sources aren't, you're generalising entire countries and continents and representing their opinion with your interpretation of what Vampires and werewolves are, here is a link to some of the oldest interpretations of the two, Lycaon and Ambrogio, the first of their kind. http://www.gods-and-monsters.com... & http://en.wikipedia.org...(Arcadia) I will leave the rest of my reasons for when some moronic American disagrees with me
Vote Placed by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
rynixHeinekenTied
Reasons for voting decision: An honorable forfeit gives conduct to the pro and arguments to the con.
Vote Placed by AlwaysMoreThanYou 4 years ago
AlwaysMoreThanYou
rynixHeinekenTied
Reasons for voting decision: Heineken is the new world god.